Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
lihsin

Our Home At Tampines

Your fountain is from Taka... hahah we saw it there :P

Yes, we first saw it at Taka, but in the end we bought it at Central because we do not have Taka membership :).

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Yes, we first saw it at Taka, but in the end we bought it at Central because we do not have Taka membership :).

:) We wanted to get one fountain but after much consideration no go for us.. ermmm.. waste elect and I think the only time we on is when someone is coming to the house... :P and I lazy to clean it.. hahahah

But will wait for your photo and see the nice effect of the fountain in your house :D

:) We wanted to get one fountain but after much consideration no go for us.. ermmm.. waste elect and I think the only time we on is when someone is coming to the house... :P and I lazy to clean it.. hahahah

But will wait for your photo and see the nice effect of the fountain in your house :D

Yes, I will post the pics after everything is done. Meanwhile can only patiently wait for the renovation to start. For the fountain, I am not so worried about the electricity or maintenance. I am more worried about its stability (or lack of). It is slim and tall and very heavy. If it falls, I will have to redo my living room flooring :( .

Wet Kitchen (cabinets are now outlined in red):

WetKitchen2.jpg

I think the 3D drawings for the stove in kitchen is not following the measurement. It can't be so small right?

If you shift the stove more to the right, you can use the space between the sink and the stove as your food preparation zone.

It would be natural to wash your food at the sink -> prepare in the zone -> cook.

I think the 3D drawings for the stove in kitchen is not following the measurement. It can't be so small right?

If you shift the stove more to the right, you can use the space between the sink and the stove as your food preparation zone.

It would be natural to wash your food at the sink -> prepare in the zone -> cook.

Thanks for the advice :). We haven't thought about it yet. We are indeed short of working space in the kitchen and our ID has told us to get as small a hob as possible. Will discuss this with him before the renovation starts.

finalfloorplan.jpg

After looking at the layout, I understand why the working space is so small. There are many "small" unused space due to wet and dry kitchen separation. The separation idea is good but they are too far apart and separated by a door. Some questions:

- Do you really need 2 sinks? Would you be using the sink in the dry kitchen?

- I dont' know about you but since I cook quite often and I am particular of kitchen arrangement, I find that your kitchen arrangement is very inconvenient.

If your fridge is in the dry-kitchen, I assume all the food stuff would be located in the dry kitchen also. Since it's natural to group the food (in the fridge and in cabinet) together.

When I prepare the food like chopping the meat and vegetables, should I do it in dry kitchen or wet kitchen?

If it's in dry kitchen, after I finish preparing, I have to bring everything to wet kitchen?

If it's in wet kitchen and I forget something, I have to go to dry kitchen and get the thing?

The design of the kitchen is tricky because you're building a maid's room. Maybe you can toy around on the idea of pushing the maid's room next to the bathroom 2. Then I would combine the existing maid's room to be part of kitchen. Maybe can even do an L-shape kitchen starting from your bar-counter until the wall. This would give a bigger kitchen space.

After looking at the layout, I understand why the working space is so small. There are many "small" unused space due to wet and dry kitchen separation. The separation idea is good but they are too far apart and separated by a door. Some questions:

- Do you really need 2 sinks? Would you be using the sink in the dry kitchen?

- I dont' know about you but since I cook quite often and I am particular of kitchen arrangement, I find that your kitchen arrangement is very inconvenient.

If your fridge is in the dry-kitchen, I assume all the food stuff would be located in the dry kitchen also. Since it's natural to group the food (in the fridge and in cabinet) together.

When I prepare the food like chopping the meat and vegetables, should I do it in dry kitchen or wet kitchen?

If it's in dry kitchen, after I finish preparing, I have to bring everything to wet kitchen?

If it's in wet kitchen and I forget something, I have to go to dry kitchen and get the thing?

The design of the kitchen is tricky because you're building a maid's room. Maybe you can toy around on the idea of pushing the maid's room next to the bathroom 2. Then I would combine the existing maid's room to be part of kitchen. Maybe can even do an L-shape kitchen starting from your bar-counter until the wall. This would give a bigger kitchen space.

We are not likely to cook very much so the kitchen is more for show :P . Initially, we wanted to configure the space near bathroom 2 into a service balcony. Then our ID propose a layout similar to your suggestion above with an open kitchen concept. But along the way we decided to construct a maid's room and since the space near bathroom 2 has to be reserved for drying clothes, we settle with the current design.

Thanks for the advice :) . We haven't thought about it yet. We are indeed short of working space in the kitchen and our ID has told us to get as small a hob as possible. Will discuss this with him before the renovation starts.

hey SGK..

i love ur 3D design pics! cant wait to see the actual transformation.. :P

however, ID tell u to get a small hob hor, he's not the one using it mah, ure the one.. although u might not cook as much, but minimum 2 stoves will be better i think.. jus my thoughts! ;)

hey SGK..

i love ur 3D design pics! cant wait to see the actual transformation.. :P

however, ID tell u to get a small hob hor, he's not the one using it mah, ure the one.. although u might not cook as much, but minimum 2 stoves will be better i think.. jus my thoughts! ;)

Hi amrasenelya, thanks for the compliments. Yah, he told us to get those 3 stoves arranged like the 'therefore' symbol type. The size of the hob is determined by not only the number of stoves but also the space between them.

Hi amrasenelya, thanks for the compliments. Yah, he told us to get those 3 stoves arranged like the 'therefore' symbol type. The size of the hob is determined by not only the number of stoves but also the space between them.

Hey SGK,

yea i noe what kinda hobs u mean. I have a Cuizino one, one of the smallest cheaper hobs i've found. cut out size 660cm x 330cm i think. not sure if its good though. havent start using. the better ones like Fujioh and Rinnai all quite big in size.

and yup, the spacing between the stoves very impt.. if too near each other, cant use the middle one also no point. hope u find a suitable sized one! ;)

I luv ur 3d drawings!!! Wish i have so much space for a bigger WIW room like urs.. i've always fancied the idea of putting an ottoman in the middle of the wardrobe room like a real shop!!

I luv ur 3d drawings!!! Wish i have so much space for a bigger WIW room like urs.. i've always fancied the idea of putting an ottoman in the middle of the wardrobe room like a real shop!!

Yes, we like the space of the house too. And I prefer EA flats to EM ones because I always feel that having all the rooms on the same level gives more flexibility for reconfiguration.

Having said that, many of the older HDB flats, mine included, have one problem - the toilet bowls, which cannot be shifted, are located at a very bad position, making it difficult to construct larger and hence nicer vanity tops. Also, there are no air-con latches and the air con compressors will have to be mounted outside the windows which is slightly unsightly. So your condo have many plus points over HDB flats :).

Yes, we like the space of the house too. And I prefer EA flats to EM ones because I always feel that having all the rooms on the same level gives more flexibility for reconfiguration.

Having said that, many of the older HDB flats, mine included, have one problem - the toilet bowls, which cannot be shifted, are located at a very bad position, making it difficult to construct larger and hence nicer vanity tops. Also, there are no air-con latches and the air con compressors will have to be mounted outside the windows which is slightly unsightly. So your condo have many plus points over HDB flats :).

gosh.. means u need as many compressor as aircons???... adding loads to ur electrical bills?

gosh.. means u need as many compressor as aircons???... adding loads to ur electrical bills?

No, one compressor can support a few blowers. For me, I am installing a system 4 inverter to support air cons in my 3 bedrooms and the study. The compressor will be mounted outside the master bedroom. I cannot install more air cons because the flat is old and the power cables can only take 8.5A. Too many air cons will cause the power to trip :(.

hi SGK

as promised, tried to take some pics to show u my glossy white laminates.. but its a bit hard to see.. but like i said - dun see any unevenness as yet.. :D

with camera flash..

P1070044.jpg

can see from reflections, its quite smooth.. :P

P1070041.jpg

P1070039.jpg

hope this helps put ur fears aside.. :yamseng:

Edited by butterfingerzz