Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
lihsin

Our Home At Tampines

Hi SGK

Can you share with me the address/website for Living Vision? Tried to google them but i can't seem to find anything. I need to find a black dining table fast and have been searching all over :(

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Hi SGK

Can you share with me the address/website for Living Vision? Tried to google them but i can't seem to find anything. I need to find a black dining table fast and have been searching all over :(

They are a new shop so probably don't have a website yet. They are located at ground floor of Balestier Point, beside the famous lightings shop lightings.com, both easily visible from Balestier Road.

Ohh, I think I know which one, its above Evov right? I found their prices too expensive :P So i bought most of my living room stuff from Evov instead. thanks again

Ohh, I think I know which one, its above Evov right? I found their prices too expensive :P So i bought most of my living room stuff from Evov instead. thanks again

Yes, that's the one. But strangely I find the things in evov significantly more expensive leh. I remember they were selling one simple balcony table/chairs set at about $2500. After that I know evov is not for me.

Edited by SGK

Some revised drawings:

Living Room (BF counter is raised):

LivingRoom2.jpg

Dining Room (The dining set is changed to the one we bought):

DiningArea2.jpg

Wet Kitchen (cabinets are now outlined in red):

WetKitchen2.jpg

and Bedroom3, which consists only wardrobes:

Bedroom3.jpg

Any comments, especially for bedroom 3?

Hey SGK ,

All Beli nice and sleek! :good:

Great job ...great design layout concept.......color tone concept of your bedrm 3 is very well matched..... :dribble: ......ermmmm....is that view an actual view????... :unsure: ...

Camping here.....waiting for your actual reno starting transformation, okie?

Cheers!

:yamseng:

Hey SGK ,

All Beli nice and sleek! :good:

Great job ...great design layout concept.......color tone concept of your bedrm 3 is very well matched..... :dribble: ......ermmmm....is that view an actual view????... :unsure: ...

Camping here.....waiting for your actual reno starting transformation, okie?

Cheers!

:yamseng:

Hi CJREDDEVIL,

Thanks for the compliments. We are also eagerly looking forward to start the reno in about a month's time. The view? Of course not real one lah :P . Tampines cannot have such high buildings since we are near the airport. I think the highest is probably only 13th or 14th floor. I will post the pictures of the current state of the house after I have gotten the keys because it is not so nice to do so now since the owners are still staying there :).

I love the idea of having some big plants next to your study room. This is really cool.

We love it too. We got the idea while searching through the webpages of different ID firms for inspiration. Hope the actual construction will be as good as the 3D drawing.

Hi CJREDDEVIL,

Thanks for the compliments. We are also eagerly looking forward to start the reno in about a month's time. The view? Of course not real one lah :P . Tampines cannot have such high buildings since we are near the airport. I think the highest is probably only 13th or 14th floor. I will post the pictures of the current state of the house after I have gotten the keys because it is not so nice to do so now since the owners are still staying there :).

now i understand why tampines flats not very tall. because from view from my flat, i wonder why the rest of tampines flat is shorter. mine is 16th floor. further away from airport bah

We just booked a LG system 4 Inverter from Gain City IMM. Total damage is $3299 not including the extended 5-year warranty. Now I have a few questions:

Hi did you upgrade your insulation? Is the installation once or twice?

Hi did you upgrade your insulation? Is the installation once or twice?

We upgraded the insulation to 1/2 inch but the copper pipe is gauge 23. The salesperson who served us advised us not to upgrade to gauge 22 because it is too thick and may break when bent. This is quite contradictory to his colleague at Marina Square who recommended the upgrade.

What do you mean by insulation twice? Frankly I am very ignorant of air cons and it would be great if you can share your expertise :). By the way, we went to All Best before we went to Gain City and the salesperson Bernard told us their pipe is Johnson Control etc and it is not ordinary copper pipe. I was very confused then because it looked like a copper pipe. I later found out from Gain City which is using 'ordinary' copper pipe that Johnson Control is just a brand. So is it necessary that the copper pipe must be 'Johnson Control' for better reliability?

Some revised drawings:

Wet Kitchen (cabinets are now outlined in red):

WetKitchen2.jpg

and Bedroom3, which consists only wardrobes:

Bedroom3.jpg

Any comments, especially for bedroom 3?

I think this revised drawing for the wet kitchen is nicer than the 1st one. A dash of red makes it more refreshing.

And I love your wardrobe laminates! Mine's in the same colour combo but different types of laminates. I think yours look better.

I think this revised drawing for the wet kitchen is nicer than the 1st one. A dash of red makes it more refreshing.

And I love your wardrobe laminates! Mine's in the same colour combo but different types of laminates. I think yours look better.

I think so too. I copy the red and white colour from supersimon :).

We met our ID Kennedy yesterday to finalise the tiles and laminates. For bedroom 3, we are also considering laminates of the same pattern but change the colours to black and white for stronger contrast. It seems that quite a forumers like the original colour combination proposed by the ID. Maybe I will put up the new 3D pics once Kennedy email it to me for everyone to comment and vote.

Hi all,

we have selected our tiles a few days ago. As I forgot to bring the 3D drawings, and my ID too, I have the freedom to change the colour scheme of the MBR toilet. I roughly remember that the 3D drawing uses black and white tiles, but when I saw the marble-like wall tiles of the 'showtoilet' at the tiles shop, I decided to go for it instead of using the black and white theme.

Our ID has also given us the renovation schedule. Hacking will start on 9 Feb, one day after the second appointment. We are counting down each day towards it :) .

Here is the fountain we have ordered (the twin dancers). Cost $675 after 10% credit card discount:

Fo6.jpg

My wife and my ID both like it, but I think there is too little water.