Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
lihsin

Our Home At Tampines

Thanks to the very nice owners of our future house, today we went there with our designer Kennedy and his boss James to take measurements. We are very happy that James says that the upper hanging kitchen cabinets within the new store/maid's room can be salvaged. The owners have also instantly agreed to sign the indemnity form so that we can submit our hacking requests to HDB early. They are also thinking of shifting out by end Jan, which means that my reno can start earlier :dancingqueen:

Kennedy also email me the 3D pics that he has completed so far. Finally got something to show :D . The kitchen and bedrooms will have to wait for another week.

Study:

Study.jpg

Living Room:

LivingRoom.jpg

Dining Room:

DiningArea.jpg

According to my ID, I need to choose sofas of lighter colours and have straighter edges to match the design theme. This is quite a problem because we were initially looking at recliners that have high back and think cushions all over because they provide the best comfort. So it seems that comfy and aesthetics are mutually exclusive :)

Can't wait to see the other pics. :rolleyes:

Edited by SGK

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
very nice 3Ds.. especially like the study room with the corner for the plant.. :thumbs up:

Thanks, butterfingerzz. We find it very cool too. We stole the idea from some ID firms' websites ;) . By the way, does anyone have any comments for the desgin? Personally I feel that the colour might be a bit too pale. I am thinking of adding some bright colours to the rim of the open bookshelves but I am not sure if that will affect the overall colour scheme :unsure: .

Thanks, butterfingerzz. We find it very cool too. We stole the idea from some ID firms' websites ;) . By the way, does anyone have any comments for the desgin? Personally I feel that the colour might be a bit too pale. I am thinking of adding some bright colours to the rim of the open bookshelves but I am not sure if that will affect the overall colour scheme :unsure: .

we are goin for ard the same color scheme.. white everywhere.. but will throw in splashes of color by using diff color cushions, plates, cups and other decorative stuff... thats the plan lah.. :P think this month's square room mag features a home like that.. very nice..

Wow don't know why things happen this way but we bought almost all our furnitures at one go in a shop that we initially only plan to go in and look see look see. Our friend recommended Evov at Balestier Point to us becasue they have many furnitures with modern design. We decided to go there to take a look after work and as we were quite early, we decided to visit another furniture shop located there - Living Vision which was just opened (according to their advert on saturday straits times) because they have an attractive $1888 package for sofa, bedframe and dining table. So here we go.

We told the Living Vision sales person Johnny that we are looking for better quality stuff than their $1888 package. Specifically, we are looking for 3+1 full leather recliner with high back (I am quite tall), 6-seater dining table with marble top, and bed. For matress we are quite 'qin cai' because after trying so many of them from so many shops I can only feel the difference between those very high-end ones and the rest. Since we are not prepared to pay $2000+ for a matress yet we decided to be more qin cai. So we told them we want to pay at most $6000 for the above sofa + coffee table + dining set with 6 chairs + bed and matress. Johnny and his boss took a long time to do their calculations and finally the boss says the items (inclusive of 2 bedside tables) cost $8000. So we say no thank you that is too expensive. Then we started our story: we have gone to many shops and some were able to offer this item very cheap, another shop has a big discount on that item etc and we worked out that we can buy everything with 6k (I probably was slightly dishonest here because I don't think we can get all those items with 6k ;) ), except that our designer does not like the designs of some of those items. So the boss finally reduce the price to $6888. Then we ask them to include two nice bar stools for our breakfast counter. He agreed and so we paid the deposit. Everything was settled in about 1 hour plus, which is really unexpected because before this we have gone to so many shops, identified quite a few possible items but we did not commit. And how about the Evov which is the main reason why we come to Balestier Point?

When I redo the calculations after reaching home, and assuming I can bargain very well at those shops that we have visited earlier until they surrender, I think I might be able to get all the items with $6888. So I can't say I have a very good buy. I only hope that the furniture will all be durable and last me many years :).

Edited by SGK

So has anyone bought anything from Living Vision before? Are they really new? :unsure:

Edited by SGK

More Pics:

Master Bed Room:

MBR.jpg

Wet Kitchen:

WetKitchen.jpg

I feel that the wet kitchen doesn't look very impressive. Thinking of using glossy white laminate for the cabinets. Any comments?

More Pics:

Master Bed Room:

MBR.jpg

Wet Kitchen:

WetKitchen.jpg

I feel that the wet kitchen doesn't look very impressive. Thinking of using glossy white laminate for the cabinets. Any comments?

I am going for glossy white kitchen cabinets too!

It will make your small kitchen look big and fresh :)

So has anyone bought anything from Living Vision before? Are they really new? :unsure:

wow very nice pics from the ID!

btw, we went to Living Vision last weekend too. They are more into the Black and White theme which was not what we wanted. Seems like their quality not too bad and I think they cater to the upper mid-range consumers.

I am going for glossy white kitchen cabinets too!

It will make your small kitchen look big and fresh :)

I think so too. But have to listen to my ID's opinions first :)

wow very nice pics from the ID!

btw, we went to Living Vision last weekend too. They are more into the Black and White theme which was not what we wanted. Seems like their quality not too bad and I think they cater to the upper mid-range consumers.

Thanks! Living Vision's showroom is indeed mostly black and white furniture but they say we can change the colours. Anyway our designer has chosen white to be the base colour of his design so it is the right shop for us. The only problem is that he has told us he did not like the recliner sofa we have purchased even though it is probably the most sleek and straight recliner sofas we have seen, and good comfort and quality. So we are asking him to go down to Living Vision next week to finalise the colours of the furniture and take a good look at the sofa. Hope he approves... :unsure:

Today, we went to furniture mall to look for our last few pieces of furniture - dressing table, balcony table and chairs and study room chairs. We went to many shops, and the balcony chairs that we saw are all quite expensive - > $250 per piece, even though the materials look very cheap. We were quite disappointed and decided to go back to Living Vision where we bought our big item furniture to look for a better bargain. But just when we were walking back to hotel Park Royal, we saw this unglam shop (I think the name is Comfort Interior or something like that) with many chairs stacked up and displayed in an untidy manner. When we take a closer look, we saw one of the chairs displayed was one of those that we were thinking of buying earlier in other shops. We decided to check their price. To our pleasant surprise, they are selling at about 30% to 40% of the what the other shop is selling. As we scan through other chairs in the shop, we saw more and more chairs that we have seen in other shops, and the price in this shop is very much cheaper. For example, an acrlic chair was sold in one shop in furniture mall for $299. But in this shop it is $119. I cannot understand why the price can be so different, and I am so happy that I haven't bought the chairs earlier :).

We also went to look at dining tables and sofa that are of similar quality to those that we bought **** Vision. It seems that we have indeed had a good buy. The only problem is we are not sure of the durability of the sofa and bed that we bought.

Today, we went to furniture mall to look for our last few pieces of furniture - dressing table, balcony table and chairs and study room chairs. We went to many shops, and the balcony chairs that we saw are all quite expensive - > $250 per piece, even though the materials look very cheap. We were quite disappointed and decided to go back to Living Vision where we bought our big item furniture to look for a better bargain. But just when we were walking back to hotel Park Royal, we saw this unglam shop (I think the name is Comfort Interior or something like that) with many chairs stacked up and displayed in an untidy manner. When we take a closer look, we saw one of the chairs displayed was one of those that we were thinking of buying earlier in other shops. We decided to check their price. To our pleasant surprise, they are selling at about 30% to 40% of the what the other shop is selling. As we scan through other chairs in the shop, we saw more and more chairs that we have seen in other shops, and the price in this shop is very much cheaper. For example, an acrlic chair was sold in one shop in furniture mall for $299. But in this shop it is $119. I cannot understand why the price can be so different, and I am so happy that I haven't bought the chairs earlier :).

We also went to look at dining tables and sofa that are of similar quality to those that we bought **** Vision. It seems that we have indeed had a good buy. The only problem is we are not sure of the durability of the sofa and bed that we bought.

it's called HUGE profit margin :P if a shop is in a mall, or has many employees, be rest assured that the profit margin will be high. if you want bargain items, look for shops not in a mall and with few employees.

please share the contact info for this chair shop. could be helpful for others looking to buy chairs or collect chairs to resell at lower values :D

it's called HUGE profit margin :P if a shop is in a mall, or has many employees, be rest assured that the profit margin will be high. if you want bargain items, look for shops not in a mall and with few employees.

please share the contact info for this chair shop. could be helpful for others looking to buy chairs or collect chairs to resell at lower values :D

Hi, I found their website and included it in my signature. The shop is located between furniture mall and Hotel Park Royal :)