Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
lovesleeping1981

Getting Advise On Renting Out Rooms At Pinnacle @ Duxton

What are the document that you have asked from your tenants if they are not locals? Their employment pass and what else? I must make sure my tenants are not illegal immigrants hehe.

I'm not going to hire an agent to rent out my rooms cos I'm basically broke after paying for the resales unit purchase. :P

Thanks.

photocopy of employment pass and passport.

check the status of the employment pass @ MOM web. make sure it is valid before u sign anything or rent out.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

check the status of the employment pass @ MOM web. make sure it is valid before u sign anything or rent out.

Thanks for the advice. :) I will do that.

On and off, do check out the status of the EP, make sure its has not been cancelled..

1st sign of unemployment.. tenant is always at home in the morn

When you are getting your keys? Pinnacle Duxton has 1800 units- that's alot.. I remember when Citisquare which has round 900 units TOP, everyone was rushing to rent out at the same time. So basically, you have to make your unit stand out - the basic amenities like fridge, w/machine would definitely be a draw. If you can find cheap and nice furnishings and maybe throw in a bed and mattress, which is in live-in condition, definitely easier to attract those expats who needs a place fast.. Otherwise your neighbours will be getting the tenants. remember the longer it is vacant, you are losing out on your monthly rental. if your rental is high, don't stinge on furniture and furnishings! cheers

Ehh.. I think P@D don't have much ppl will rent out their room. Seems like alot of rich folks staying there (from the looks of other forums), only me as one of the more down-to-earth practical guy will think of renting out. But still you have a point, but will expats want to rent rooms? I don't think my rent can fetch very high also anyway. it is still a HDB in the end.

Ehh.. I think P@D don't have much ppl will rent out their room. Seems like alot of rich folks staying there (from the looks of other forums), only me as one of the more down-to-earth practical guy will think of renting out. But still you have a point, but will expats want to rent rooms? I don't think my rent can fetch very high also anyway. it is still a HDB in the end.

I bet your rooms will have very good business when the IR and Resort World open! :drunk: P@D is quite near to them who hire lots of foreigners.

Edited by forgotten

but will expats want to rent rooms? I don't think my rent can fetch very high also anyway. it is still a HDB in the end.

If you refering to ang mo/japs, maybe not.. usually they whole for whole units

if philipinos, thais i guess they would rent rooms

Anyway pinos, usually rent in a group... they would rent the whole unit, than spilt the rooms among themselves

I have malaysian tenants, burmese and thai tenants. I think all are quite ok...

I feel all these depends on lucks..it be good if you can get a considerate and nice tenant, who still bother to keep your place clean.

Personally I like thai.. cuz people are so nice and gentle

but importantly is you feel comfy with the people you be living together, so 1st impression really counts

Edited by charemme

Yo u did be surprised...i saw ang mor renting my parents neighbour flats in bedok south.

its a 1976 unit dude...cos everytime the ang mor guy will sit at the kopi shop wif his laptop and wifi and drink a bottle of beer...haha

and another ang mor on another level, they cycle to mrt everyday.

anything is possible.

i'm planning to rent out my 4rm flat at telok blangah (whole flat legally). I do not wish to engage an agent, where should I source for tenants? thanks!

Simple...go to those kind of expat forums and post see anyone want anot lor. Another way since telok blangah quite near NUS, can source for students as well if u dun mind...BUt student might be more havoc. Hahha

i'm planning to rent out my 4rm flat at telok blangah (whole flat legally). I do not wish to engage an agent, where should I source for tenants? thanks!

traditional way of posting ads in paper and online still yield better results...

It may be useful to use the services of the agent. At least the agent will be able to help you source for tenants, arrange viewing, do the paper work for you, etc... Cheers.