Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Day 2 (Hacking continues)

Pics taken @ Day 1 morning - Messy sight :o

dsc00098hp.jpg

dsc00097ip.jpg

dsc00099l.jpg

dsc00101ze.jpg

dsc00100gkd.jpg

Met up contractor, Edmund, yesterday. He had a appt earlier @ Strathmore till 9+pm and still persevered to reach my place later on. Quite surprising that he has already prepared some beautiful hand sketched pictures of our wardrobe & feature wall/TV console. Had also informed him that I din really like wrought iron gate and he recommended using iron bar gate instead, which can be customised to design I like. Very flexible of him to suggest something different & by far, good service rendered :D Left my place @ 1130pm. Pity him. :P

Edited by bluewater

Day 3 (Hacking begins & ends today)

Picture taken yesterday.

dsc00102rm.jpg

dsc00103na.jpg

Looks like hacking works on living hall will be done end yesterday & clearing of debris & hacking of new mtr bedroom door remaining for today. HDB permit only comes valid for 3 days being today the last. :)

We got a contact (aka Jason) from Edmund for doing blinds and will be meeting Jason on Sat. Hopefully he can charge cheaper than MGL with similar fabric choice, who quoted us $1.6k last weekend.

A sleepy Thursday... reno is a headache zz

Got a headache and looking for any good advise from members here.

For item 33: Replace kitchen entrance existing sliding door to timber framed sliding glass door, I feel that it may not blend well with my new living room outlook. Tot of replacing with full frameless sliding tempered glass door to have a clean view effect, but the cost built up is holding me back a bit. Should I or should I not? Sigh...

looks like the ah-nei nei is working real hard on the hacking! :good:

Yea Rondy! He is indeed working very hard when I bought 100plus up. He told me my flooring is very hard :D :D But I told him must hack good good... Can see he was feeling the shagness cos' using 1 hand to hold the driller at times. Wahahahhaa.

Bluewater, do u have children? sliding glass door will be abit dangerous ..

Rondy, u very funny le.. hahhaa..

Ya, Rondy seems like a joker guy... :D

Chinchye, I don't have at the moment... family planning comes maybe next year after I tide over this big project first... Wallet only can allow one thing at a time :P Was thinking to paste strip stickers on sliding door when comes children. What's your opinion? If not, what other ideas to construct the divider to make the house blend well? Big headache cos' I told Edmund about my dilemna... He also concurred & told me he will think what other alternatives... :(

Yea Rondy! He is indeed working very hard when I bought 100plus up. He told me my flooring is very hard :D :D But I told him must hack good good... Can see he was feeling the shagness cos' using 1 hand to hold the driller at times. Wahahahhaa.

Have you tried buying him " Red-Bull" ???...... :good: ..wonder what will happen???.....ahhahaaaa

Keep the posting going....

cheers!

:yamseng:

Got a headache and looking for any good advise from members here.

For item 33: Replace kitchen entrance existing sliding door to timber framed sliding glass door, I feel that it may not blend well with my new living room outlook. Tot of replacing with full frameless sliding tempered glass door to have a clean view effect, but the cost built up is holding me back a bit. Should I or should I not? Sigh...

i went with 2.1m wide (2fixed, 2sliding) full ceiling height frameless sliding door :D cost me about $1500 from besglas

Edited by ossify

Have you tried buying him " Red-Bull" ???...... :good: ..wonder what will happen???.....ahhahaaaa

Keep the posting going....

cheers!

Hrmmm... By then, my neighbour below my unit will be able to see my flooring if he gulps down redbull... Somemore, red bull more expensive. Bad idea CJREDDEVIL! :P

i like your layout...

Thanks sherwinsm :) Your layout is pretty cool & big floor space. Can we exchange? haha

i went with 2.1m wide (2fixed, 2sliding) full ceiling height frameless sliding door :D cost me about $1500 from besglas

Mine will be 3.55m. I've enquired Beglas & the cost will be 2k+ liao. *thinking thinking thinking*

Edited by bluewater

Day 4

Today, debris & broken wood almost all cleared up. Tiles also arrived. Coming week should be able to see my floor being :paint:

Met up Jason this morning. Back of his van full of fabric to choose from and he gave me his quote for installation of blinds for whole house. Overall $200+ below what MGL quoted us, based on equivalent cost of fabric @ $7.50 psf. Most likely will go for Jason cos' he was very friendly and provided me with very valuable advise on blinds & ideas on strategic installation. :)

Day 5 & 6

Sand & cement has arrived.

Met up Jason again yesterday and finally signed with him. Gave us a good price, whose quote was the lowest among the few we sourced out. Workmanship was told to be good, as my colleague had used him previously. Will give my reviews once all is done in due course.

Next, we went over to LUSH @ Paya Lebar & their BENZ SC 3-seater immediately caught our attention. It's using full leather, and the soft feel is really good. Only trade off is we got to do monthly maintenance to leatherise it. Can't resist & finally settled for it, together with their Odyssey Chair. Very satisfied with our buy so far. Hopefully, delivery on site will have no hiccups.

Wife will also be ordering the following items through her own contacts at discounted price :D

Kitchen sink: Reginox range

Kitchen/toilet mixer & shower column: Hansgrohe range

Toilet WCs & Basins: Johnson Suisse range (Como, Monte Carlo, ....)

Day 4

Today, debris & broken wood almost all cleared up. Tiles also arrived. Coming week should be able to see my floor being :paint:

Met up Jason this morning. Back of his van full of fabric to choose from and he gave me his quote for installation of blinds for whole house. Overall $200+ below what MGL quoted us, based on equivalent cost of fabric @ $7.50 psf. Most likely will go for Jason cos' he was very friendly and provided me with very valuable advise on blinds & ideas on strategic installation. :)

Hi blue....

So you didnt gave the ah-neh "red-bull" huh !!!!!.... :P ....now that hacking already completed lioew....looking forward to your transformation....

Cheers!