Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
milkywhite

My White House

Today marks the start of my tiling day! Yipee!

Hopefully the tiling will be completed in 3 days time as i am leaving for Taiwan.

Will post some photo after today :D

Actually my reno s time is very rush. Started on 17th Nov and needs to completed before 4th Dec.

Hopefully my contractor will be able to finish in time so that I can fly without any worries.

By the way, would anyone be having a off white or white kitchen cabinet, any kind soul can tell me if its advisable?

Cos i have not confirm on the laminate colour

Edited by milkywhite

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Congrates on ur new home and on the start of ur reno! :D Hehe, that is a rather rush time frame for ur contractor. :P

Off white or white kitchen cabinets should be fine. There are many forumners who have this colour range. My top cabinets are off white as well. :D So far so good. :)

hi there!! welcome to renotalk! I just started my own t-blog too!

I want to have an all white kitchen but scared will be dirty leh... a lot of ppl advise against taking a dark coloured solid surface top cos it will show scratches easily... so since the solid surface has to be light coloured, the cabinets might be better off dark coloured?

Today marks the start of my tiling day! Yipee!

Hopefully the tiling will be completed in 3 days time as i am leaving for Taiwan.

Will post some photo after today :D

Actually my reno s time is very rush. Started on 17th Nov and needs to completed before 4th Dec.

Hopefully my contractor will be able to finish in time so that I can fly without any worries.

By the way, would anyone be having a off white or white kitchen cabinet, any kind soul can tell me if its advisable?

Cos i have not confirm on the laminate colour

Hi and welocme to t-blog.

My new resale( keys collection on 1stDec'09) is all but white theme ( living/kitchen/bedroom cabinates,etc...)....feel free to check it out!

Cheers!

:yamseng:

Get the glossy type of laminate for all white cabinets, easier to clean. Just need to use wet cloth to wipe clean.

I have all white for my top and bottom cabinets in my kitchen and so far not much problem. But for solid top, do be careful cos white solid top does stain easily.

Get the glossy type of laminate for all white cabinets, easier to clean. Just need to use wet cloth to wipe clean.

I have all white for my top and bottom cabinets in my kitchen and so far not much problem. But for solid top, do be careful cos white solid top does stain easily.

yup yup .... My kitchen is white and red . No problem with the laminated ...

Jus got to be careful with the soild top :)

I see I see thanks thanks Angel81, Annjoy,CJREDDEVIL,worldangel and Supersimon27 for all your advice. Really appreciate. In that case, I will go ahead with my white kitchen cabinet.

As for solid top will opt for a beige one with some white spots I guess, as my maid will be doing the cooking and cleaning so white might be too stressful for her to maintain. haha.

Annjoy, dont want to have a dark colour is because I have a phobia for lizards and I remember reading from some mag that says that darker tone invites lizards. Dont know if its true but I will just try as I am really scared of them.

Supersimon27 is that your baby, so chubby and cute!

welcome to RT, fellow 3-rmer!

where's the floorplan :D

Edited by ossify

I see I see thanks thanks Angel81, Annjoy,CJREDDEVIL,worldangel and Supersimon27 for all your advice. Really appreciate. In that case, I will go ahead with my white kitchen cabinet.

As for solid top will opt for a beige one with some white spots I guess, as my maid will be doing the cooking and cleaning so white might be too stressful for her to maintain. haha.

Annjoy, dont want to have a dark colour is because I have a phobia for lizards and I remember reading from some mag that says that darker tone invites lizards. Dont know if its true but I will just try as I am really scared of them.

Supersimon27 is that your baby, so chubby and cute!

Yup .... That's my boy boy .... coming 4 month old . Can view more photo of him in my thread :)

beige one with some white spots should be ok . My is white with white spots , still ok (jus got to be careful)

Yup .... That's my boy boy .... coming 4 month old . Can view more photo of him in my thread :)

beige one with some white spots should be ok . My is white with white spots , still ok (jus got to be careful)

uhmm....super...... :dunno: .....me confused!......so "chim".....hahhahaaa

cheers!

uhmm....super...... :dunno: .....me confused!......so "chim".....hahhahaaa

cheers!

actualy what I mean is , as long as the solid top is not pure white , it's ok. Pai seh to confuse u , ha

actualy what I mean is , as long as the solid top is not pure white , it's ok. Pai seh to confuse u , ha

icic..... :P ......i am confused with the solid top and the comments on your baby....hhhahaha....me also paisei paisie.....nice & cute baby you have...!

Cheers!

icic..... :P ......i am confused with the solid top and the comments on your baby....hhhahaha....me also paisei paisie.....nice & cute baby you have...!

Cheers!

Phahahaha ..... No wonder u got confuse ... Ha ... White white spot .... Ha

The tilers had finished tiling the living and bedroom. However, I noticed that its a bit unlevelled which means when I stepped on the ground I can feel it. I told my husband and was telling him oh dear what to do. I guess I just have to let the person in charge know. Was quite worried about floor being unlevelled as it is quite uncomfortable.

Before I even got the chance to tell the person in charge - Sky, he gave me a call and told me that he had asked the tilers to hack the floor which is unlevelled and to overdo again. Phew! I am glad they are so responsible and quick to rectify the problem even before I do. Cos I am still afraid that they will give me some crap and tell me its ok one bla bla.

I am glad that I had chosen them. At first, I was still apprehensive about engaging them as he gave me the lowest quote among some popular contractors here but due to lack of budget decided to give them a try. I am glad that they are responsible and fast too as I am racing with time too. :)

The tilers had finished tiling the living and bedroom. However, I noticed that its a bit unlevelled which means when I stepped on the ground I can feel it. I told my husband and was telling him oh dear what to do. I guess I just have to let the person in charge know. Was quite worried about floor being unlevelled as it is quite uncomfortable.

Before I even got the chance to tell the person in charge - Sky, he gave me a call and told me that he had asked the tilers to hack the floor which is unlevelled and to overdo again. Phew! I am glad they are so responsible and quick to rectify the problem even before I do. Cos I am still afraid that they will give me some crap and tell me its ok one bla bla.

I am glad that I had chosen them. At first, I was still apprehensive about engaging them as he gave me the lowest quote among some popular contractors here but due to lack of budget decided to give them a try. I am glad that they are responsible and fast too as I am racing with time too. :)

Hi milky..

Good to hear that your reno is going on well & smooth.... :good: .really excited to see the final results! uhmm..when you expect to move in?

Cheers!