Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
annjoy

♥ My Mcnair Rd 4-rm ♥

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
I think this kitchen colour is SUPER nice!!

so refreshing hor?

45314383-e50acc310525bc7db526568f1ca0c8f

This is nice of course! U want to do/imitate something like that? Hehe.

Just talk crap now. Hmm, from the pic, few options to get the navy/sky blue. I don't think I saw such a blue tile before unless is retro tiles but the tile size is quite small one. Or u doing cement screed? Then u can paint blue. If not, use tempered glass with blue backsplash as wall backings. Hee. Talking abt tempered glass, if I got money to burn, I won't use laminates for my kitchen cabinets, will use tempered glass. :P

This is not bad too. More homely or more resort-y feel?

The resort-y laminates does look good, and IMHO, nicer than the 3D ur ID gave. But colours aside, I find that with such a small U shape area, it'll be rather cramp and hard for more than 1 pax to use the kitchen.

But yes! I love that white and blue kitchen too! I also copied and saved this pic when I was researching for my reno! :P

Edited by Angel81

Hahaha!! ok!

I will. I going to pester him to give me free false ceiling in the masterbedroom. Hopefully he will! :)

I won't choose plain white. Maybe other shades of white. And I really like gold. Ok wait. I go dig up a sample of what looks nice

I also like gold.... but REAL Gold. Lol. I those those gold paint with shimmering effect. And ppl usually don't chose white paint. White paint is for base. Usually those vinyl white paint for example.

This is nice of course! U want to do/imitate something like that? Hehe.

Just talk crap now. Hmm, from the pic, few options to get the navy/sky blue. I don't think I saw such a blue tile before unless is retro tiles but the tile size is quite small one. Or u doing cement screed? Then u can paint blue. If not, use tempered glass with blue backsplash as wall backings. Hee. Talking abt tempered glass, if I got money to burn, I won't use laminates for my kitchen cabinets, will use tempered glass. :P

The cabinets is the normal white laminates. The backing use that same shade of blue tempered glass. Very cheery hor? Just wondering if I do this, will my master bedroom cabinet have to look the same too?

Of course I hope there is a consistency throughout the house... but wonder will it be awkward if each room has its own theme?

The resort-y laminates does look good, and IMHO, nicer than the 3D ur ID gave. But colours aside, I find that with such a small U shape area, it'll be rather cramp and hard for more than 1 pax to use the kitchen.

But yes! I love that white and blue kitchen too! I also copied and saved this pic when I was researching for my reno! :P

YEA! HAHAHA Hi^5!

The resorty laminated kitchen one is not my kitchen. Its just picked from somewhere on the internet. and yes IMO also that its nicer than the one my ID gave me. All white kitchen is easy to "design" if there's any design to it even.

The cabinets is the normal white laminates. The backing use that same shade of blue tempered glass. Very cheery hor? Just wondering if I do this, will my master bedroom cabinet have to look the same too?

Of course I hope there is a consistency throughout the house... but wonder will it be awkward if each room has its own theme?

Cheery of cos. And modern. Hehe. If u are doing tempered glass backing, hopefully u are not doing any frosted glass cabinets. Will u have one? Very likely to spolit the looks. Not wrong though. Just that frosted glass don't match with tempered glass. Different surface finishing. Finishing will not be smooth. My 2 cents worth too. Hee. :)

Different theme is okie, like disneyland lor. Heehee.

Anyway, it won't be awkward. Uusally, the room theme should be more consistent with the living room theme than the kitchen. And if u are going for a completely different theme, it is really okie too. When u are in the living room, just close the door of the room. U won't feel the constrast then. :)

Angel should be right. Covelight is a indirect light source, so shouldn't cast any shadows due to the fan blade. Correct me if I am wrong cos I never have ceiling fan plus covelight before. Hee.

What does cast and shadows due to fan blade mean?

Lets say if the below happens, will it be ok?

Picture3.png

Sorry for the eyesore of a "illustration"

Someone asked me here "will I have a built-in oven", my answer is yes. The following are appliances I'll have:

- Rice cooker

- Small toaster

- Rice Cooker

- built in oven.

I wanted more counter space so that I can put all these appliances but at the same time I don't want it to be exposed if possible.

Johnny was very nice to take the initiative to propose a rough solution for me. That is, to hide these appliances in the full height cabinet. When I need to use them, then I can slide them out of the cupboard. I dunno what it'll EXACTLY be like but I know on Saturday! :D

Do you guys have any suggestion for me?

P.s.: I took a closer look and realised that the 3D drawing of the full height cabinet did not encompass the built in oven and the tempered glass backing is cut off half way. WTH??

Hi Anna,

I think the concept shown by Johnny is not too bad wor...:)

Just a reminder, our celing at our area is realtively low(not sure about yours, for me n my mum unit)...so you may also want to plan properly when u have a celing fan and false ceiling...:)

hi annjoy,

nice 3D pics, look fwd to see the finished product.

just wanna check whether your mbr wardrobe is accessible on both sides or they have different configurations on each side?