Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
annjoy

♥ My Mcnair Rd 4-rm ♥

Let's take a look next at my masterbedroom.

Here's the view from the entrance.

mbr1_johnny_122mcnair_a.jpg

And a view from the window.

mbr2_johnny_122mcnair_a.jpg

I am pleased with the layout but the colours wise..... still don't think this exudes cozy classy feel....

I think I should rename my house to be called the WHITE HOUSE liao. Haha

****! I just realised that Johnny didn't even put the "windows" in the drawing hence no curtains... hmmmm :(

Maybe too much white? To 'produce' a cosy feel, passive colors (eg. vinyl white, cream colors) are usually used. Did u tell him Johnny u are going to read in the room? If so, he probably goes with the safe colors for the first drawing. :) Or are u actually going for 'ambience' in the room? If so, darker shades are used. I was also thinking from the drawing, white lights seem to be choosen for the room, that why too 'white'.

Edited by Mickey M

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Let's take a look next at my masterbedroom.

Here's the view from the entrance.

mbr1_johnny_122mcnair_a.jpg

And a view from the window.

mbr2_johnny_122mcnair_a.jpg

I am pleased with the layout but the colours wise..... still don't think this exudes cozy classy feel....

I think I should rename my house to be called the WHITE HOUSE liao. Haha

****! I just realised that Johnny didn't even put the "windows" in the drawing hence no curtains... hmmmm :(

My 2 cents worth.

Too much white makes it look too clinical. Not cosy enough. But the layout is quite nice though.

My 2 cents worth.

Too much white makes it look too clinical. Not cosy enough. But the layout is quite nice though.

Hard to maintain too...

maybe should add some colour to it.a lighter shade one will be nice!

5 cents worth. :P

Hmm, my post has more words. Then 6 cents worth lor. Ha.

Hard to maintain too...

maybe should add some colour to it.a lighter shade one will be nice!

5 cents worth. :P

Ya.. its really too much white... dont want bold colours but this is really quite flat.

My 2 cents worth.

Yes!! It is too clinical. Ok good "word". I think Johnny will cringe at that description! Haha

Ya i love the layout! I talked to so many people and had so many alternatives and finally settle on this.

Was worried it will make the sleeping area very cramped cos of the full height wardrobe. From the drawing it don't look too bad eh.

Maybe too much white? To 'produce' a cosy feel, passive colors (eg. vinyl white, cream colors) are usually used. Did u tell him Johnny u are going to read in the room? If so, he probably goes with the safe colors for the first drawing. :) Or are u actually going for 'ambience' in the room? If so, darker shades are used. I was also thinking from the drawing, white lights seem to be choosen for the room, that why too 'white'.

I can't remember if I told Johnny I wanne read in the room or not but I do.

I sure hope he went with a safe colour (i.e.: white) purposely and not cos this is what he thinks i want it to be. I can actually go for ambience and then add a side reading lamp. :)

Darker shades.... hmmmm... but don't want black.. maybe goldish brown? Haha!

Wah! u pro leh! U even notice the light is what colour. I just look at overall... didn't even notice! Good one!

If the white colour is choosen by ID probably he wanna save cost as white as a base colour is cheaper than other coloured paint. :)

Let's give him the benefit of doubt. I shall be meeting him this Saturday. I hope to be impressed! Hehehe

Btw, your picture is very cute. I always remember you from other threads cos of your pic. Hehe

Here's a 3D drawing of my false ceiling in Living Room!

Aiya ok I promise when I have time I will draw and scan the furniture layout plan I have in mind. That will directly impact the false ceiling design.

Check out first draft. Ignore the furniture and all, it's completely wrong. I dunno what the ID was thinking also. Supposed to hack the ultitily room and put the glass panel to see through to the kitchen instead of the current design. Even if he forgot I am supposed to hack utility room, what's the point of putting the glass panel to see through the Utility room for? :dunno:

liv_johnny_122mcnair_a.jpg

I do like the dark longkang. :)

Oh ya can I ask one Q? Cove Lighting and Ceiling Fans don't go together?? as in, the fan will make the light move and move until you go dizzy?

I do like the dark longkang. :)

Oh ya can I ask one Q? Cove Lighting and Ceiling Fans don't go together?? as in, the fan will make the light move and move until you go dizzy?

Hee, I think the dark longkang is very cool and classy too.

What I read is that as long as ur fan's blades do not go by the lights, it's fine. If not, there'll be shadows and that's wat make some pple dizzy.

I can't remember if I told Johnny I wanne read in the room or not but I do.

I sure hope he went with a safe colour (i.e.: white) purposely and not cos this is what he thinks i want it to be. I can actually go for ambience and then add a side reading lamp. :)

Darker shades.... hmmmm... but don't want black.. maybe goldish brown? Haha!

Wah! u pro leh! U even notice the light is what colour. I just look at overall... didn't even notice! Good one!

Not pro la. Maybe because I like to read up on such home designs or decor stuffs in my free time. Hee.

Hmm, the kind of lights to use really depend more on the types of activities u are doing in each individual living space or own preference. For example, some ppl like to watch tv with white lights. Some prefer warm lights. Others will prefer cool white. Just note white lights in any living space 'kill' the ambience.

Edited by Mickey M

If the white colour is choosen by ID probably he wanna save cost as white as a base colour is cheaper than other coloured paint. :)

Annjoy, any idea ur quotation has any limitation on the number of paint colors u can choose? Most ppl will have max 5 colors. Usually white is a complimentary color if u have number of paint colors limitation. So u will still have 5 colors to choose. Yup, white paint is cheaper. If u really use white, must tell ID to give u a cheaper price for painting. :)

Hee, I think the dark longkang is very cool and classy too.

What I read is that as long as ur fan's blades do not go by the lights, it's fine. If not, there'll be shadows and that's wat make some pple dizzy.

Angel should be right. Covelight is a indirect light source, so shouldn't cast any shadows due to the fan blade. Correct me if I am wrong cos I never have ceiling fan plus covelight before. Hee.

Annjoy, any idea ur quotation has any limitation on the number of paint colors u can choose? Most ppl will have max 5 colors. Usually white is a complimentary color if u have number of paint colors limitation. So u will still have 5 colors to choose. Yup, white paint is cheaper. If u really use white, must tell ID to give u a cheaper price for painting. :)

Hahaha!! ok!

I will. I going to pester him to give me free false ceiling in the masterbedroom. Hopefully he will! :)

I won't choose plain white. Maybe other shades of white. And I really like gold. Ok wait. I go dig up a sample of what looks nice