Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
garion

Recommendation For A/v Receiver And 5.1 Speakers

tks for your comments.

estimate cost ard 2.7k

ya, leaning towards 10Q model? wat do u think?

heard abt the 608 model, most likely will wait for 608 since its 1.4 compliant. any idea when it will be launched?

as for display, LCD/Plasma, which is better?

LED! But price... :jawdrop:

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
LED! But price... :jawdrop:

I would like to have it but wallet doesnt allow tat... :bangwall: just gotta make do with LCD / plasma for the moment.

am also aiming for the oppo bdp80, any review on this??

Edited by joseeng

I would like to have it but wallet doesnt allow tat... :bangwall: just gotta make do with LCD / plasma for the moment.

am also aiming for the oppo bdp80, any review on this??

I would advise to go for the plasma if youre into Bluray.

LED's black is not entirely black but grayish & IMHO, plasma is still has the better specs.

Oppo80 is a superb player. If you have that additional money, get the Oppo83.

cheers

I would advise to go for the plasma if youre into Bluray.

LED's black is not entirely black but grayish & IMHO, plasma is still has the better specs.

Oppo80 is a superb player. If you have that additional money, get the Oppo83.

cheers

ok, tks for advice. will consider plasma then.

oppo 83 is really tempting but i think oppo80 is suffice for now.

Edited by joseeng

Anyone owns a Marantz SR6004 av receiver? Just collected mine... the user guide lists FM antenna as an included accessory... but my box doesn't have one leh... is it suppose to be included for singapore?

hello all,just went down to adelphi kec to audition 5.1 HTS with a 2k budget in mind n was recommended wharfedale diamond 10 paired with onkyo 577 avr (507 no more stock liao). Am very tempted by the setup but would certainly like some advice reg e avr - shd I fork out another $140 to upgrade to onkyo 607? was told both 577 and 607 are similar except 607 has more hdmi ports,and that both don't hv upscaling capabilities.does upscaling really work for non-br DVDs?or shd I spend the money on a better br player instead?

thanx!! :)

Edited by cksonic

hello all,just went down to adelphi kec to audition 5.1 HTS with a 2k budget in mind n was recommended wharfedale diamond 10 paired with onkyo 577 avr (507 no more stock liao). Am very tempted by the setup but would certainly like some advice reg e avr - shd I fork out another $140 to upgrade to onkyo 607? was told both 577 and 607 are similar except 607 has more hdmi ports,and that both don't hv upscaling capabilities.does upscaling really work for non-br DVDs?or shd I spend the money on a better br player instead?

thanx!! :)

Hi how much were you quoted for the 607?

Atcually its better to enhance your receiver to have video upscaling. 607 only has upscaling to 1080i.

Yes, if you asked me,. its better to have a receiver to do the video upscaling. A normal DVD picture will look sharper.

Or you could let a good Bluray player to do the upscaling eg the OPPO83 which will probably set you back at $999.

Hope this info helps.

Cheers

Atcually its better to enhance your receiver to have video upscaling. 607 only has upscaling to 1080i.

Yes, if you asked me,. its better to have a receiver to do the video upscaling. A normal DVD picture will look sharper.

Or you could let a good Bluray player to do the upscaling eg the OPPO83 which will probably set you back at $999.

Hope this info helps.

Cheers

Just to add on, you could get the Onkyo 707 which IMHO, is one of the better upscaling receiver.

It uses the faroudja chipset & can upscale to 1080p. The cost should be $1,100 thereabouts.

Cheers

Hope this info helps.

Cheers

hi vicenzo, i was quoted

507-$499

577-top up another $60 from 507, which means it is $557

607-$699

sorry i am such a noob-my tv is a panasonic G11 plasma. does it support up to 1080p? :rolleyes:

besides the legendary oppo player, which i read so much about on the forum, any other bluray player recommended? i am actually thinking no point spending the money all on the AVR and having a lousy player. perhaps just spread the money around... :P

hi vicenzo, i was quoted

507-$499

577-top up another $60 from 507, which means it is $557

607-$699

sorry i am such a noob-my tv is a panasonic G11 plasma. does it support up to 1080p? :rolleyes:

besides the legendary oppo player, which i read so much about on the forum, any other bluray player recommended? i am actually thinking no point spending the money all on the AVR and having a lousy player. perhaps just spread the money around... :P

CK Hi

get the 707. You wont regret paying a bit more to give your speakers a better performance.

G11 is full HD plasma. very solid specs & yes, it supports up to 1080p.

Lastly, there's a OPPO80 (cost $588) which is an alternative for the OPPO83. I cant say if there's any BR player currently that can match

the OPPO without paying thru your nose for it.

Cheers

Hi,

anyone has recommendations for a Onkyo TX-SR608 AV Receiver with Mirage MX 5.1 Speakers with MM6 Subwoofer?

Thks,

Prodigy

Hi

Dont understand your question. What recommendations are you looking for since youve already named the HTS combo?

Cheers

does onkyo 608 offer video upscaling to 1080p? i am still considering whether to take 707 or 608.. what are the main differences?

You have the pricing for the 608? Atcually the 608 is rather new & its HDMI 1.4a compliant (supports 3D video). basically both 707 & 608 are pretty similiar in power & in performance. And yes, the 608 uses the faroudja chipset as the 707.

Cheers

CK Hi

get the 707. You wont regret paying a bit more to give your speakers a better performance.

G11 is full HD plasma. very solid specs & yes, it supports up to 1080p.

Lastly, there's a OPPO80 (cost $588) which is an alternative for the OPPO83. I cant say if there's any BR player currently that can match

the OPPO without paying thru your nose for it.

Cheers

You have the pricing for the 608? Atcually the 608 is rather new & its HDMI 1.4a compliant (supports 3D video). basically both 707 & 608 are pretty similiar in power & in performance. And yes, the 608 uses the faroudja chipset as the 707.

Cheers

thanks for the advice vince! the guy at KEC (it was an elderly guy) told me they dont have 608 yet, but he told me pricing will be similar to 607, perhaps topping up abit more (he didnt say how much). if 608 and 707 are comparable in features, then mabbe it makes economic sense to get the 608! will go KEC again to find out when 608 will be in stores and how much.