Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
garion

Recommendation For A/v Receiver And 5.1 Speakers

Congrats on your new system.

What sub youre using? Youre aware that Onkyo 508 dont calibrate subwoofers & video upscaling rite?

Cheers

erm..... care to explain about the calibrating of subwoofer and video upscaling? i'm absolutely clueless about that. is the 507 version able to do that? :unsure:

i'm using the subwoofer which came with the def tech speakers

Edited by kelvinkezz

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
erm..... care to explain about the calibrating of subwoofer and video upscaling? i'm absolutely clueless about that. is the 507 version able to do that? :unsure:

i'm using the subwoofer which came with the def tech speakers

Sorry Im comparing the higher range of Onkyo amp eg 607 & 707. Both uses Faroudja chipset which essentially makes your pix quality (DVD or Bluray)

much better. Subwoofer calibration is basically to achieve a better bass response eg the sweet spot. I'll let my amp do the calibration. Not too loud, not too soft, not too boomy, not too weak. It has to be tight, handles fast & low. If you feel the octave boom from your current sub, then its great!!!! No need to touch anything else.

I may suffer from hearing problems :D

Cheers

Bro Vicenzo,

Any idea if im able to find a 3.1 or 5.1 with floor stander speakers in the market for less then 1.5k?

does it include receiver?

without... receiver im looking at onkyo 707...abt 1.1k liao.

not interested on 708 or that 1.4hdmi 3D thing.

i got 607 + ms short series for 1.3k including wiring and installation at adelphi..

check out the ms package from kec.. $1350 with floor stand speakers.. looks like a good deal..

Bro Vicenzo,

Any idea if im able to find a 3.1 or 5.1 with floor stander speakers in the market for less then 1.5k?

Bro Torres

Why floorstanders?

cheers

anyone been to KEC recently? have the mythos XTR50 arrive?

They shifted last mth to their new bigger showroom..did a quick tour, dedicated demo room for some of the speakers they are selling...

i got 607 + ms short series for 1.3k including wiring and installation at adelphi..

check out the ms package from kec.. $1350 with floor stand speakers.. looks like a good deal..

bro, $1350 floor standers with AVR?? if it is, i shd drop by again next month...

Bro Torres

Why floorstanders?

cheers

Bro Vicenzo, any reason not?

i dun wna be drilling holes in my study room walls. im fine with bookshelf ones either way.

just considering simple setup for my console and gaming sessions...:P

am thinking of onkyo 707 for this room. read that it supports 7.2 playback. does this mean connection to two subs with one supporting 5.1 and another 2.1? wld the receiver be able to play two setups concurrently?

reason i ask is because my gaming PC and tv with consoles will be in that room. so if i can have just one AVR to support two spkr setups.....great! dunno if its feasible tho. :unsure:

yup.. here's the quote i got from them

Mordaunt Short MS 914 Floorstand Speakers + Mordaunt Short Carnival 1 Surround + Carnival 5 Center + Carnival 7 Subwoofer with Onkyo TX-SR577 7.1 AV Receiver at SGD$1350

bro, $1350 floor standers with AVR?? if it is, i shd drop by again next month...

Bro Vicenzo, any reason not?

i dun wna be drilling holes in my study room walls. im fine with bookshelf ones either way.

just considering simple setup for my console and gaming sessions...:P

am thinking of onkyo 707 for this room. read that it supports 7.2 playback. does this mean connection to two subs with one supporting 5.1 and another 2.1? wld the receiver be able to play two setups concurrently?

reason i ask is because my gaming PC and tv with consoles will be in that room. so if i can have just one AVR to support two spkr setups.....great! dunno if its feasible tho. :unsure:

•Satellite speakers have a single speaker driver; two-way systems have a tweeter and a midrange driver or woofer; three-way systems have a tweeter, a midrange, and a woofer; four-way systems add a built-in powered subwoofer.

•Floorstanding speakers deliver better bass response than bookshelf speakers and are more efficient—that is, they sound louder with the same power amplifier/receiver.

•Bookshelf speakers fit well in most rooms and deliver a more neutral, better-focused sound than floorstanding speakers—but often lack deep bass response.

•Satellite speakers reproduce high and midrange frequencies only, and must be supplemented with a subwoofer for good bass.

•If you listen to a lot of music, go with floorstanding speakers—they're good for both music and movies.

•If you primarily watch movies, go with a bookshelf + subwoofer combination.

Bro, good tips above. You wont want to damage your good floorstanders right? Take note a good sub is essential to handle all the booms & crashes.

Cheers

yup.. here's the quote i got from them

Mordaunt Short MS 914 Floorstand Speakers + Mordaunt Short Carnival 1 Surround + Carnival 5 Center + Carnival 7 Subwoofer with Onkyo TX-SR577 7.1 AV Receiver at SGD$1350

Wow ... seems good...

Wow ... seems good...

Errr.....

Dont just look at the price. Do audition it. Its either one will like it or dont like it.

The 914 is indeed a good speaker (price is acceptable for that kind of performance). The Onkyo 577 is somewhat under powered for the floorstander.

Its just base on my opinion after auditioning this speaker a few years back. At $1,350 for the lot, no one can complain unless you listen to a different set

up which may cost more.

The anom "get what you pay after" amplifies AV purchases except BOSE which is overpriced for ancient technology.

Cheers

Errr.....

Dont just look at the price. Do audition it. Its either one will like it or dont like it.

The 914 is indeed a good speaker (price is acceptable for that kind of performance). The Onkyo 577 is somewhat under powered for the floorstander.

Its just base on my opinion after auditioning this speaker a few years back. At $1,350 for the lot, no one can complain unless you listen to a different set

up which may cost more.

The anom "get what you pay after" amplifies AV purchases except BOSE which is overpriced for ancient technology.

Cheers

So maybe with the same speakers, I should get a higher range of Onkyo? Or maybe your AV? ;)