Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
garion

Recommendation For A/v Receiver And 5.1 Speakers

My wife love the look of Podspeaker, therefore the compromised solution is a podspeaker and def tech combo. Is Denon 1610 AVR insufficient to drive my current setup?

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
My wife love the look of Podspeaker, therefore the compromised solution is a podspeaker and def tech combo. Is Denon 1610 AVR insufficient to drive my current setup?

Dont mind me saying this but if youre going to spend on a good HTS set up, ask yourself, is it for looks or for the audio? This is a common problem when the WAF comes in. They want it to be chio & pretty. Cmon, we're talking about men's equipment here. Sooner or later, the wife will demand that our cars be painted in pink!

The problem is not whether the 1610 has enough power to drive it, but I was shock when i read that the pod is a 4Ohm speaker! This is definetely a clear MISMATCH of speakers. On one hand u have a powerful Pro1000 center (8 Ohm rated) & an equally solid Pro800 sub but your L&R channel speakers is inadequate to match the performance of the centre & the sub. Even if you increase the volume for your left & right speakers (I highly doubt so, not for a 4 Ohm speakers), you'll be straining the speakers a lot.

Do talk to your other half. Does she want to have guests coming in the home to be wow by the looks of the speakers or be wow by the sound quality?

Cheers

Do talk to your other half. Does she want to have guests coming in the home to be wow by the looks of the speakers or be wow by the sound quality?

Ironically, my other half would choose the former.

That's why for speaker shopping, shouldn't bring the WAG :D

Ironically, my other half would choose the former.

That's why for speaker shopping, shouldn't bring the WAG :D

If youre looking for sat speakers that packs a punch & has a WAF factor, there's the Mirage Omni, B&W MT30 (The PV-1 sub is really really solid),

Tannoy Arena & of coz Anthony Gallo. But what you pay is what you get. I rather pay a bit more & get quality stuff rather than troubleshooting any

problems that arises later, such as speaker incompability.

Cheers

Hi,

Will I be able to get an entry level HTS with budget around 800? will be using it to watch movies and listening to music?

Any reccommendation?

thanks in advance..

Hi,

Will I be able to get an entry level HTS with budget around 800? will be using it to watch movies and listening to music?

Any reccommendation?

thanks in advance..

Bro

There's a 2nd hand market at www.xtremeplace.com. Some brothers there are selling their equipments for a song.

Work around your budget 1st then upgrade to better equipment once your finances aere ok.

Cheers

Bro

There's a 2nd hand market at www.xtremeplace.com. Some brothers there are selling their equipments for a song.

Work around your budget 1st then upgrade to better equipment once your finances aere ok.

Cheers

thanks vicenzo..

what is usually the price range for a okay system (new set)? :)

thanks vicenzo..

what is usually the price range for a okay system (new set)? :)

Def tech Procinema 60 with receiver probably going for $1,399 at KEC.

Do check with them on latest pricing. I think KEC do have HTS packages as low as $1,099. Do pay them a visit.

Cheers

Def tech Procinema 60 with receiver probably going for $1,399 at KEC.

Do check with them on latest pricing. I think KEC do have HTS packages as low as $1,099. Do pay them a visit.

Cheers

ok.. will do that.. thanks for assisting.. noob here.. haha..

Its a bit strange that your Mission 783 floorstander has a cross frequency of 120Hz. Its normally for sat spekers.

never mind, try to recalibrate your front& center at 120Hz & see if there's any difference. Update us.

Cheers

Done the re-calibration... set the crossover for fronts to 80hz in the manual setup in 3310 (as the auto-setup has set to 40hz)... IMO the sound quality from fronts spk (when using 2 ch. stereo to listen to symphony pieces) still sounds bad.

BTW, my front speakers specs said "crossover freq = 120Hz to 2.5kHz" (although I do not really know what it means), is it because of this spec that you have asked me to set the crossover for fronts to 120hz in the manual setup in 3310? I've set to 80hz though, does it mean if I set to 120hz, the sound quality may get better? (will try again)

My center specs said "crossover freq = 2.5kHz", so r u asking me to set the crossover for center to 120hz in the manual setup in 3310 too?

Appreciate your reply, thanks.

Done the re-calibration... set the crossover for fronts to 80hz in the manual setup in 3310 (as the auto-setup has set to 40hz)... IMO the sound quality from fronts spk (when using 2 ch. stereo to listen to symphony pieces) still sounds bad.

BTW, my front speakers specs said "crossover freq = 120Hz to 2.5kHz" (although I do not really know what it means), is it because of this spec that you have asked me to set the crossover for fronts to 120hz in the manual setup in 3310? I've set to 80hz though, does it mean if I set to 120hz, the sound quality may get better? (will try again)

My center specs said "crossover freq = 2.5kHz", so r u asking me to set the crossover for center to 120hz in the manual setup in 3310 too?

Appreciate your reply, thanks.

Try setting up the crossovers for all speakers at 120hz. If it doesnt work, then I would suggest you go back to the shop where u bought the receiver & try it on another

speaker. Im in the opinion that the fault lies with the speakers.

Sorry, what sub youre using?

Cheers

Try setting up the crossovers for all speakers at 120hz. If it doesnt work, then I would suggest you go back to the shop where u bought the receiver & try it on another

speaker. Im in the opinion that the fault lies with the speakers.

Sorry, what sub youre using?

Cheers

I'm using Energy eSXL12 sub.

Fyi, I've recently repair my mid-range woofers (at Martin Electronics) on the front speakers... the low and high r working fine.

My Mission 783 front is a 3 way reflex spk, does the mid-range really matter a lot?

I'm using Energy eSXL12 sub.

Fyi, I've recently repair my mid-range woofers (at Martin Electronics) on the front speakers... the low and high r working fine.

My Mission 783 front is a 3 way reflex spk, does the mid-range really matter a lot?

Then i really suggest you get the guys who repaired your speakers to calibrate them. Tell them even after repairs, the audio

is still not acceptable.

Cheers