Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
garion

Recommendation For A/v Receiver And 5.1 Speakers

went KEC n tried these 3 set of speakers with Denon 1910 AVR

1. Mordaunt short genie

2. Tannoy Arena 5.1

3. Def Tech Mythos 2, Mythos 3, Pro800 for surround, Velodyne cht8Q/spl 800i

any comments? Quite like 2 n 3 though.. or should i try other speakers?

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
went KEC n tried these 3 set of speakers with Denon 1910 AVR

1. Mordaunt short genie

2. Tannoy Arena 5.1

3. Def Tech Mythos 2, Mythos 3, Pro800 for surround, Velodyne cht8Q/spl 800i

any comments? Quite like 2 n 3 though.. or should i try other speakers?

Tannoy Arena is a very chio speakers with good reviews but theyre pretty expensive.

Def Tech without saying, is very good for fast pack action movies watching. And Mythos is

one system Ive pre-owned previously.

To match the Mythos, Im suggesting you upgrade your superb Velodyne sub to the Velodyne 12Q or get

the Minivee altogether.

As for the receiver, ditch it. It'll be really underpower for your speakers choices #1 & #2.

May I suggest the Yamaha 1065 or the Onkyo 807/707.

Lastly, you can consider the B&W M1 speakers which IMHO, on par with the Tannoy Arena but slightly cheaper.

Cheers

Tannoy Arena is a very chio speakers with good reviews but theyre pretty expensive.

Def Tech without saying, is very good for fast pack action movies watching. And Mythos is

one system Ive pre-owned previously.

To match the Mythos, Im suggesting you upgrade your superb Velodyne sub to the Velodyne 12Q or get

the Minivee altogether.

As for the receiver, ditch it. It'll be really underpower for your speakers choices #1 & #2.

May I suggest the Yamaha 1065 or the Onkyo 807/707.

Lastly, you can consider the B&W M1 speakers which IMHO, on par with the Tannoy Arena but slightly cheaper.

Cheers

the AVR was recommended by the staff there. Using it for movies n music. U had the mythos before? How do u find it? After auditing it, find it not bad compared to tannoy. The design were pretty gd too. Can blend in to my feature wall/console. But read reviews tat the specs were overated. Total damage for the avr, mythos n woofer around 4.7k. The avr gd enough for this? Was wondering if it's worth it? Or I should try the def tech pro cinema 800? **** I so lost. Duno which one to buy!

the AVR was recommended by the staff there. Using it for movies n music. U had the mythos before? How do u find it? After auditing it, find it not bad compared to tannoy. The design were pretty gd too. Can blend in to my feature wall/console. But read reviews tat the specs were overated. Total damage for the avr, mythos n woofer around 4.7k. The avr gd enough for this? Was wondering if it's worth it? Or I should try the def tech pro cinema 800? **** I so lost. Duno which one to buy!

The staff must be off his head!!!

The Mythos needs a receiver with at least 200W power. Mythos, IMHO, sounds bright. After a while, I preferred warmer sound, thus I went for the B&W.

I also find it odd that youre comparing/auditioning a floor stander speaker(Mythos 2) vs a sat speaker(tannoy). So what is your preference now?

Do audition the yamaha & Onkyo receiver before making a choice. The reason why KEC is marketing Denon aggresively is becoz they dont have the exclusive for

Yamaha (this Im very sure) & Onkyo (yet to be confirm) so their margins are lower.

Cheers

The staff must be off his head!!!

The Mythos needs a receiver with at least 200W power. Mythos, IMHO, sounds bright. After a while, I preferred warmer sound, thus I went for the B&W.

I also find it odd that youre comparing/auditioning a floor stander speaker(Mythos 2) vs a sat speaker(tannoy). So what is your preference now?

Do audition the yamaha & Onkyo receiver before making a choice. The reason why KEC is marketing Denon aggresively is becoz they dont have the exclusive for

Yamaha (this Im very sure) & Onkyo (yet to be confirm) so their margins are lower.

Cheers

quite like the design of the mythos tats y we choose to audit it.. Not sure they hav other avr anot as I tried it with the 1910 so stick to it. The staff there were very friendly, not pushy at all. Wrote down all the quotes for the model I audited n ask me to call him if I still have any doubts. Most likely to get fr them as their aftersales is gd n hey r highly recommended. But jus wondering if it's worth the $$ for the mythos?

quite like the design of the mythos tats y we choose to audit it.. Not sure they hav other avr anot as I tried it with the 1910 so stick to it. The staff there were very friendly, not pushy at all. Wrote down all the quotes for the model I audited n ask me to call him if I still have any doubts. Most likely to get fr them as their aftersales is gd n hey r highly recommended. But jus wondering if it's worth the $$ for the mythos?

You should get some expert help at www.xtremeplace.com forum & ask whether the avr suit your speaker setup. By having a lower powered receiver its like installing

a mazda engine into a mercedes body. Look good but under power.

Have you audition the B&W setup yet? For the money youre going to pay, do shop around more before plonking into this big investment.

Cheers

You should get some expert help at www.xtremeplace.com forum & ask whether the avr suit your speaker setup. By having a lower powered receiver its like installing

a mazda engine into a mercedes body. Look good but under power.

Have you audition the B&W setup yet? For the money youre going to pay, do shop around more before plonking into this big investment.

Cheers

oic.. thx...

You might want to hold on for a while more for the new DT Mythos XTR50. Very very slim (1.5") to match the flat screen TV. KEC told me shipment will be in soon ready for their new showroom at level 4.

Check it out:

http://www.definitivetech.com/Products/pro...Mythos%20XTR-50

oh, did they say when??

if I'm not wrong... should be these few weeks... u can call KEC to confirm...

I just ordered my HT for my new place from them this week and was told about this new speaker... I will monitor and see if I want to upgrade (my current purchase is Mythos 6 & 7) since my installation will only be in May...

if I'm not wrong... should be these few weeks... u can call KEC to confirm...

I just ordered my HT for my new place from them this week and was told about this new speaker... I will monitor and see if I want to upgrade (my current purchase is Mythos 6 & 7) since my installation will only be in May...

thx.. was told will arrive in may, left my contact and ask them to call me when it arrive..

hi all fellow bros,

am considering getting Pro800 with pro1000 centre speaker and velo sub + onkyo 607.

any kind advice or comment will be greatly appreciated.

hi all fellow bros,

am considering getting Pro800 with pro1000 centre speaker and velo sub + onkyo 607.

any kind advice or comment will be greatly appreciated.

Its a superb combination. How much are you paying for it?

Velodyne sub, let me guess..its either the 8 or 10Q model right?

As for your amplifier, you may want to wait just a bit longer for the 608 model.

Please bear in mind your 607 upscale only to 1080i instead of 1080p & its THX certified.

Also the 608 is HDMI 1.4 compliant which means you can futureproof your technology(hint : 3D compatible)

cheers

Its a superb combination. How much are you paying for it?

Velodyne sub, let me guess..its either the 8 or 10Q model right?

As for your amplifier, you may want to wait just a bit longer for the 608 model.

Please bear in mind your 607 upscale only to 1080i instead of 1080p & its THX certified.

Also the 608 is HDMI 1.4 compliant which means you can futureproof your technology(hint : 3D compatible)

cheers

tks for your comments.

estimate cost ard 2.7k

ya, leaning towards 10Q model? wat do u think?

heard abt the 608 model, most likely will wait for 608 since its 1.4 compliant. any idea when it will be launched?

as for display, LCD/Plasma, which is better?