Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
stl67

Move In Before Top

My friend move into their reconstructed house before TOP is obtained. The advice by the builder is that they have done it before for other owners. During TOP inspection, they will ask the owners to disappear for a few hours while they get the house prepare for inspection.

Do you know what is the penalty for my friend if BCA found out.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
My friend move into their reconstructed house before TOP is obtained. The advice by the builder is that they have done it before for other owners. During TOP inspection, they will ask the owners to disappear for a few hours while they get the house prepare for inspection.

I have the same question. My house is currently under construction and I would like to move in asap. I am staying in a rented place and might not be able to extend my rental contract.

stl67, how long does it take for you to reconstruct your house? Perhaps, we can share notes in my "Our Living Spaces" Facebook page where I have posted photos of the construction of my house and share my experience of the rebuilding process.

I will be less worried about BCA but I think the question is do you feel safe to move in before TOP is obtained?

you should check with your engineer and architect...

I will be less worried about BCA but I think the question is do you feel safe to move in before TOP is obtained?

you should check with your engineer and architect...

The house is completed. Only waiting for TOP.

The contractor said no problem to move in. My friend and family has no place to stay as they have already sold off their old place and contractor fails to deliver their new house as promised.

Contractor also refused to pay for rental, so no choice but to move in without TOP.

You can pack your things nicely in the house and leave the place while the inspectors check the house. After checking, you can move back. My neighbour did just that and TOP was obtained without problem. Cheers!

Hello st167, can advise how yr friend got the door keys. As understand, no TOP, cannot apply for water/gas/electricity.

Sorry, "reconstructed" house, u mean landed property?

Yup, reconstructed house mean landed property. The utilities are usually not cut off during construction phase. For gas, reconstructed house typically use the gas cylinders as construction cost of pipes to bring gas in can be quite prohibitive. Cheers!