Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
tnqhome

Contractor Contact (not Id)

Hi..
Mind pm me your Contractor number and Company name...Thanks..
Id 0r contractor?
Izuan

Hi folk,

I recently done up my resale Punggol flat with this contractor that was recommended by my new neighbour. I like his honesty and willingness in helping me to alter, make good the kitchen cabinet, wardrobe, wall fiture and false ceiling (all from previous owner). I have to say that the rest of the ID or contractor that i encounter either ask me to change all or price it so high that it will only make sense to do everything new. All this alteration and refurnish help me to keep to my tight budget. Very thankful for his help. Let me know if you need his contact

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Hi..
Mind pm me your Contractor number and Company name...Thanks..
Id 0r contractor?
Izuan

Anyone doing the renovation may like to consider to contact my contractor that done my house, he was also recommend by other forum member here. I find he is responsible in doing my house and price resonable. Let me know if you want his contact, and you can take a look of his work that he send to me.
Work

looking for a contractor for my elderly relative to renovate her 4 rm model A. She is a widow and can only speak mandarin.

the place is a bit rundown and she wants to upgrade it to rent it out. would appreciate a contractor that is inexpensive and has ideas and experience in this area.

Edited by burgess

Hi Edmund,

Can you pls PM the contractor details ?.

Thanks

Hi,

can also hv the contractor's contact please? Recently, want to do part of my house, thks a lot!

After engaging an ID at the expo and later terminating them and finish up the works with direct contractors, I would like share my advise for anyone seeking renovation contractors or ID.

Beware of many expo companies and the 'cheap' packages they offered. The cheap packages are actually not so cheap if you were to compare it with direct contractors or IDs recommended here in this forum. These companies are very impressive at the show just to get you to sign on the packages and then later when Reno starts, the things not in the packages or additions or modifications are quoted extremely high which you have little choice leaving you in a fix. They do this to increase their profits. Many big companies advertising with big adverts or radio/TV adverts in the ST are the same.

Here are some of my advice for reno hunters:

1) Get them to itemised everything in the packages, not whole lump sum.

2) list everything on the contract including all things which you may or may not do as options to lock in the pricing. Listing all the items with separate pricing for each item will help if you bring your case to the small claim courts in case when you decided to stop the renovation half way and find someone to continue the works. You can pay up to the works completed.

3) List all rates in the quotes such as electrical works. Example, each point costs how much, SCV, data, tel, power, heater, hood, etc. compared it with the rates given in the forum, most will be surprised at the much higher rates quoted by direct contractors.

4) Get quotes from direct contractors and see the difference between the ID quotes and them. Prices are usually big difference especially from those big or corner booths in expo or big names like Cxxx design. Use these prices as reference. Or you may engage them as some direct contractors are no difference from IDs except for showroom. Showroom and expo costs are very expensive, and their clients pay for it. I was told the very large showflat at the show coat $25,000 a booth, not including setup, running costs. Most if almost all IDs outsourced their works to sub-contractors and put in their high markups. Many contractors are also good in design as they use outsourced 3D rendering companies like many of the large IDs. If your works have carpentry besides wet works, chose one that has woodworking factory. Visit them to verify, not just office.

5) Some direct contractors do multiple trades with own workers and they are better choices as they can deploy more manpower resources to finish up the works. In renovations, there will be some issues which everyone has not foresee such as the client buying a bigger fridge, change electrical or plumbing position, different lightings, bathroom accessories like rain shower ... These small changes usually take forever as they involve different sub-contractors, electrical, tiling, plumbers, carpentry, ceiling partition and painter with each party coming one after another. That is where the delays usually happens, not to mention the extra high costs your ID is going to charge you as their sub-contractor charges them. Therefore, using a direct contractor with own workers and carpentry factory will minimize the time to fix the changes as they use own workers, so it is faster to deploy workers and lower the costs as the workers are already there. Many small main cons doing school projects, house constructions have similar system different from IDs who uses separate sub-cons for different works. I have seen at least 2 such multiple trades direct contractors in this forum. If you cannot find them, PM me.

6) Get an experienced renovator project manager, it will save you a lot of headaches. Test the knowledge of the person you are working with. Can they draw or sketch the interior configuration of wardrobes? Give you standard dimensions and constructions of kitchens, wardrobes, carpentry? How they do tiling...layout, start from where in the house, overlay use what materials, why use certain dimension tiles, what they do, how and where in waterproofing, Etc. Ask a lot of why's, how, what... And you will see the experienced and the novices. Many at the expo are novices recruited from jobs advertisements promising high income. They give them 2 weeks or little or zero training by attaching them with a manager who is usually very busy with his own projects then caring about the novices projects. The manager may help them during your discussions with the sales designers, but after you signed, you are on your own with these novices. Then the problems starts.

7) Visit the site often, at night if you have to. Bring torch light or get them to install simple lights first. Don't take their word of completion in time.

8) if things are not to your satisfaction, you may chose to cancel the items not yet started such as countertops, mirrors, windows, grilles, gates, electrical, ceiling partition and even carpentry. Gather proofs such as photos, SMS, emails, etc. in case they bring you to courts, but the customer usually wins despites threats from IDs. You will have to pay up to the works done so far less all the freebies. At this point, all your direct contractor quotes will come in useful to finish up the works.

9) Never pay cash. Always issue cheques.

10) Company or group must be HDB registered. If they say the company is part of the group that is HDB registered, then ask them to give you a quote under the main company with the licence.

11) Visit their factory and some of their past projects.

12) Read the forum as there are many interesting knowledge here.

13) Enjoy the process of searching for the right experienced ID project manager or contractor and reduce stress for yourself and family.

Hi,

can hv the direct contractor's contact please? Recently, want to do part of my house, thks a lot!

Hi guys,

Can someone share with me a renovation company that can assist me to do up an old resale 3room flat (toilet only in kitchen)? On very very tight budget. Need to do up whole house & not sure what 14k can do. Anyone pls share some contacts ya..

Hi all,

:help: New to this forum.

I will get my resale 4 room flat at end of April'13.

Now looking good and reliable contractor,

Please PM me if you have any good lobang to intro.

thanks

hi guys, just got the key to my bto and have not even start searching in advance for reno quotes or lobangs for the misc stuffs (lighting etc). anyone can recommend me a good contractor (not id) that can pao ka liao everything (aircon, hob+hood etc). so i can just put in one reno loan and pay one installment instead. thanks.

Hi everyone,

We are getting our keys in mid March. Sourcing for a reasonably priced n responsible contractor for our 5room flat in Sengkang.

Kindly pm me any contacts (no IDs as we want to keep Reno simple n do the necessary only) or email me to: rachellmc@rocketmail.com.

Thanks in advance!

Hi Edmund,

Can share /PM me your contractor no and company name please. Thanks!

Hi folk,

I recently done up my resale Punggol flat with this contractor that was recommended by my new neighbour. I like his honesty and willingness in helping me to alter, make good the kitchen cabinet, wardrobe, wall fiture and false ceiling (all from previous owner). I have to say that the rest of the ID or contractor that i encounter either ask me to change all or price it so high that it will only make sense to do everything new. All this alteration and refurnish help me to keep to my tight budget. Very thankful for his help. Let me know if you need his contact

Looking for which kind of contractors ? flooring / aircon / plumbing / electrical i got my own connection can share

Hi,

Basically need the place done up.

Flooring, painting, kitchen, sink, some electrical points, lights and fan electricals, dismantle existing kitchen cabinet, existing sink, doors, windows, etc

Need new kitchen cabinet and possibly a simple door to mark out a storage space in one of the rooms

I think I will still need a overall contractor to coordinate everything.

Looking for contractor too. 3-rm Std, about 600sqf, 1 toilet (no MBR toilet) only, no storeroom, no dining area. Budget 12k-15k. Please recommend me some contractors, thanks! :)

Looking for which kind of contractors ? flooring / aircon / plumbing / electrical i got my own connection can share