Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Warrior88

Hdb 2nd Appointment

That's so sweet of your seller.

Up till now, I never talk to my seller before. :P My agent liased with him on behalf of us, and he sent his agent to liase with us on the day we exercised of OTP.

The HDB first appointment will be the first time we get to talk to our seller LOL.

Hi forgotton, you mean you never see the seller when viewing the house... :o

I kiasu type, i want my agent to make sure the owner is around when viewing the flat, i signed the otp in the seller house and demand all particular of the tenant in the house, you won't know it maybe a ah long house.... :P

I drive there to look see now and then to be sure no o$p$ lettering around the block.... :bangwall:

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Do u know while waiting for 1st appt, our HLE expires and we have to reapply for another HLE?

HLE validity pegs at HDB resale application. so long it is valid during the resale application, it is consider valid - don't have to reapply for 1st appointment - that's why my agent told me.

now HDB place a warning on their new website saying...

Important Notes:

* Buyers and Sellers are reminded not to enter into any supplementary agreements/arrangements to allow for the sellers to prolong their stay in the flat.

* After the signing of the transfer documents, the flat is legally under the buyers names and thus the buyers will be held responsible should anything unpleasant arise.

* If sellers require a longer time to vacate the flat, they should discuss with the buyers and inform HDB resale officers to schedule the completion appointment at a later date.

Now i foresee things will get uglier .....

thanks for sharing this with us.

i used this info to question my seller's agent on the supplentary agreement and she said that it is the market norm and usually if HDB finds out, they will only be let off with a warning. obviously they are only concerned about their own commission. but after trashing this out, we agreed on a later 2nd appointment to tie up the loose end and state strictly no extension.

Edited by jeda

ok so i will sign 1st appt this Tuesday.

after I sign then I show all of them what HDB CEO replied to me + the new warning on HDB website.

As they requested 8wks extension after 2nd appt date, there is no way I can push the 2nd appt date to a later date.

I foresee that they will ask for the maximum date for 2nd appt, which is 8 weeks later after 1st appt.

1st appt: 26 Jan

2nd appt: 26 Mar

and they want their 8wks extension to start after 2nd appt. Like that how? Against the rule.

if in 1st place never give extension, they wont sell house.

and we as buyers dont know whether is it legal or not, whereby the one who knows everything is the AGENT.

this seller's agent earn from selling her flat and buying of a new resale at BP at 33k cov.

just thought of sharing HDB CEO email reply again.

"Kin Wai FONG" <fkw1@hdb.gov.sg>

Add sender to Contacts

To:

abcdefg@yahoo.com

Dear abcdefg

PURCHASE OF RESALE FLAT AT abcdefg

We refer to your email of 28 Nov 2009 to our CEO, regarding your purchase of the above resale flat.

2 You are right that after resale completion, the flat would belong to the buyer. The buyer has every right to live in the flat after completion. In fact, it is an infringement of the Lease condition if the flat owner does not reside at the flat and let out the entire flat within the minimum occupation period without HDB's approval.

3 You mentioned that you have signed an "agreement" to allow the seller to continue to stay in the flat after completion. Besides the possibility of a lease infringement if the "agreement" is carried into effect, such supplemental agreement amounts to a variation of the Option to Purchase (OTP), which may render the OTP legally void. This is because under the terms of the OTP, the seller must give vacant possession and the buyer must accept possession on completion date and any variation of this term may render the OTP void under the existing law.

4 As such, we would strongly advise you to engage a private solicitor to advise you on your legal position and rights without further delay so that you may complete your intended purchase smoothly without any impediment.

5 If you need any clarification, you may contact our officer, Ms Ng Bee Lin, at 64903642.

Yours sincerely

(Signed)

FONG KIN WAI

HEAD (RESALE OPERATIONS)

ESTATE ADMIN & PROPERTY DEPARTMENT

and HDB re-emphasis this on their website. (http://www.hdb.gov.sg/fi10/fi10321p.nsf/w/BuyResaleFlatAppt?OpenDocument)

Important Notes:

* Buyers and Sellers are reminded not to enter into any supplementary agreements/arrangements to allow for the sellers to prolong their stay in the flat.

* After the signing of the transfer documents, the flat is legally under the buyers names and thus the buyers will be held responsible should anything unpleasant arise.

* If sellers require a longer time to vacate the flat, they should discuss with the buyers and inform HDB resale officers to schedule the completion appointment at a later date.

Edited by berry_surprise

Hi forgotton, you mean you never see the seller when viewing the house... :o

I kiasu type, i want my agent to make sure the owner is around when viewing the flat, i signed the otp in the seller house and demand all particular of the tenant in the house, you won't know it maybe a ah long house.... :P

I drive there to look see now and then to be sure no o$p$ lettering around the block.... :bangwall:

We saw the seller when we viewed the house but we never talk to them LOL. :sport-smiley-004:

For OTP, I just passed the cheque & form to my agent. Then she went to negotiate with him and passed them to him. 2 days later, she passed the signed form to me.

For exercising of OTP, the seller's agent was 1.5 hours late for the appointment. By the time she closed her deal at another place and met us at the void deck, the seller and family had already gone to bed.

Hehe I haven't gone to check the corridoor for o$p$ signs cos I think they usually only appear after the sellers hand over the keys and move out. :P

Edited by forgotten