Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
kiven78

-=kiven & Gwen's Forthcoming Sweet Abode=-

thanks for comment dude,though we may be quite pushy with Henry pertain to our completion schedule(which discerning owners wont?) but i will hand credits of 60% to Henry,35% to his workers and 5% to lady luck for godspeed. :)

Push push push ... I also Push him like mad that time ... ha ... Cos baby coming out soon .... we need time to prepare his stuff right after reno .... Heng .... all done within 1 month :)

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
thanks for your kind blessings angel,i ll keep my fingers crossed for future recurrence though i really have to salute henry's professionalism thus far due to high complexity of our renovation for a 'contractor price' we paid for.. :)

as long as you feel the price is worth it :D my reno is quite complex, price seems very simple :D

hey ossi thanks for warm welcome :)

(With all due respect to brother Henry,no offense here just plain sharing)

well its just a small glitch whereby it might be partly due to erratic markings / over zealous attitude displayed by his underlings which is good.A good portion of our broken marble was accidentally hacked off (as seen below the cement exposed area),but since our actual plan is to do a overlay of parquet over the entire master bedroom + BR 3 (hacked through/combined) it aint gonna hurt us real bad though.We decided to overlook the matter as he has been extremely responsive and helpful all this while.

I find that hacking mistakes are quite common so hackers generally err on the side of caution, ie. hack less than they should. In my case, the hacker hacked everything, except a part that he thought should not be hacked. He came back the day after to hack that away in a jiffy :D

As long as you can disguise it such that nobody (not even you) can tell it's a mistake, then it's all good :D May have to chip off some marble though, it still looks rather rough.

You haven't uploaded your space planning yet so I can't really tell how you intend to do your MBR... Do you intend to have the parquet over that "accidentally hacked portion"? If so, just cement screen it and overlay parquet, it'll be fine.

Edited by ossify

haha you make yourself sound so ... pathetic.. forced to start a T-blog. :P

Wah demolished for glass walls!! then it'll make the place look even more spacious!

well usually starting a T-blog can be a breeze for anyone under normal circumstances but i was in for a big time tight schedule period where we have to study all aspects of renovations eg color scheme,concept/theme,furnishings,and the list goes on..not forgetting im now on courses for my class 3 license and CES course :help:

no problem .... but can i have a request from u ???

Can .... can ... can u use flickr to upload yr photo ???? Cos I can't view yr photo in my company :(:(:( sad sia ...... Y most henner hate flickr .... Y ... lol ha

erm i love to oblige bro but as u can see that im currently suffering a new age symptom called 'time deficit illness',i need to upload all my pics from scratch in Flickr with 'time being the main factor.Tell u what i ll pass u my photobucket link for your kind perusal > http://s982.photobucket.com/albums/ae307/kiven78/

Hope it helps bro :)

Push push push ... I also Push him like mad that time ... ha ... Cos baby coming out soon .... we need time to prepare his stuff right after reno .... Heng .... all done within 1 month :)

lol yea i can see the 'Push factor for ya cute baby in my mind vividly,reminds me of my son kenneth 7 years back...fond memories,have since grown up to be our 'little terror' 8|

its good to exert certain pressure on contractors at precise moments,just like in fishing or kiting gota pull n release at correct intervals for success...

as long as you feel the price is worth it :D my reno is quite complex, price seems very simple :D

I find that hacking mistakes are quite common so hackers generally err on the side of caution, ie. hack less than they should. In my case, the hacker hacked everything, except a part that he thought should not be hacked. He came back the day after to hack that away in a jiffy :D

As long as you can disguise it such that nobody (not even you) can tell it's a mistake, then it's all good :D May have to chip off some marble though, it still looks rather rough.

You haven't uploaded your space planning yet so I can't really tell how you intend to do your MBR... Do you intend to have the parquet over that "accidentally hacked portion"? If so, just cement screen it and overlay parquet, it'll be fine.

my personal opinions:

hacking errors are tad common sights but are generally preventable and considered unacceptable by religiously strict individuals especially for my case,for your case they are the ones on losing end as they have to hack off the pre-determined area by hook or by crook, for my case its a no no scenario: like if one day touchwood due to unforeseen circumstances like severe termites infestation we have to ripped off top parquet to reveal the nightmare beneath (we could jolly well do a total hackoff for the entire floor area but after much deliberations etc termites infestation... we opt for overlay in the end.)

Our space planning is pretty much like homo - cream for entire living room area and parquet overlay for all 3 bedroom area,kitchen n toilet tiles intact due to almost flawless condition.Hope you can roughly visualize our flooring plan.

Edited by kiven78

Updates - More pics on our Reno progress :

Apologies for long awaited reno progress as things have not been of desired state lately,anyway below are more pics of our reno progress :

living.jpg

Debris clearance cum material standby - Living room

kitchen.jpg

View of our nearly intact kitchen which is kept in pristine condition by previous owner.

masterloo.jpg

View of of hacked off master bedroom toilet door frame.

BorliHomo.jpg

Closer view of our creamy homogeneous tiles.

Reno_D32.jpg

Wooden door frames on standby.

Edited by kiven78

Updates - Reno Phrase 4: Electrical Wiring>

More updated renovation progress pics for you =),we ve been keeping our fingers crossed for our completion to be on time as we have high confident in Henry's reliability.Not forgetting he is currently on numerous projects on hand and have been turning prospects away as a result.No point pushing him to the limit now as it might generate negative/undesirable results,we just have to try our best to work hand in hand with henry to expedite the process.

Phrase4_Electrwiring6.jpg

Phrase4_Electrwiring1.jpg

Phrase4_Electrwiring3.jpg

Electrical wirings up in various parts of our place.

Phrase4_Electrwiring7.jpg

Our $300 new switching box,the previous one couldnt take the sheer powerload of our new lighting arrangements.

Edited by kiven78

More updated renovation progress pics for you =),we ve been keeping our fingers crossed for our completion to be on time as we have high confident in Henry's reliability.Not forgetting he is currently on numerous projects on hand and have been turning prospects away as a result.No point pushing him to the limit now as it might generate negative/undesirable results,we just have to try our best to work hand in hand with henry to expedite the process.

Phrase4_Electrwiring6.jpg

Phrase4_Electrwiring2.jpg

Phrase4_Electrwiring3.jpg

Electrical wirings up in various parts of our place.

Phrase4_Electrwiring7.jpg

Our $300 new switching box,the previous one couldnt take the sheer powerload of our new lighting arrangements.

retagged so i can view them :D

Updates - Lightings chosen thus far :

We have settle for some of our lightings @ Lightings.com.sg due to their fair pricing and excellent service rendered by their sales girl - Angeline.Her knowledge was so-so but her effort to check with her seniors makeup for it,we spent around 1 hour + there and decided upon their Led downlights,x2 toilet lamps and a ice-cube wall lamp for our son.We could have asked our contractor to fix our lightings but due to their limited range of drill bit for light fittings,we decided to opt for Lightings.com.sg as they have promised to install for us at competitive prices.We ll be scouring further for our kitchen lightings elsewhere as nothing impress my wife as yet.

IceCubesingle.jpg

Ice-cube lamp for our son's room.

toiletlight.jpg

Common n masterBD toilet lamps - nothing fanciful,just wanna keep them simple..

3wLed.jpg

Downlight Type 1 - 3W LED daylight was chosen because of their energy saving feature and lifespan vs ordinary halogen lamps.

1wLed.jpg

Downlight Type 2 - 1W LED warm light was chosen for the very same reasons above.

Edited by kiven78

we have the same toilet lights :)

i reckoned we are just a tip of an ice-berg for people using same lamp around their apartments,cheers momo =)

Edited by kiven78