Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
kiven78

-=kiven & Gwen's Forthcoming Sweet Abode=-

After much info mining from RenoTalk forum from kind RTers,we decided its high time we contribute our very own T-blog journey to share our ups n downs, with kind and helpful people here and also welcome any comments for improvements.

We got our keys after 8 long weeks of waiting after 1st appointment on 16 December 2009.

Tong kong started on 21 december 09 -11am as per fengshui master sunny's advice- no horses allowed so i was excused from the ceremony.

Our original floorplan :

Originalfloorplan.jpg

Our new layout floorplan :

FP_new005.jpg

Pics taken before renovation commence :

LivingRm_01.jpg

Living Room - long and narrow,lucky we are not LR people =)

Kitchen_02.jpg

Our kitchen - will be leaving intact due to well maintained pristine condition by previous owner.

Store_01.jpg

Store Room - will make way for a extended living room cum open concept kitchen.

Edited by kiven78

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Day 1 <21 Dec 09>Reno phrase 1- Demolition work

We were amazed by brother Henry's worker speed,just imagine they started off at around 11am for below demolition works delivered.Though fast but not without some hiccups,luckily mistake wasnt serious enough to cost henry his head :bangwall: .

Viewfromfrontdoor.jpg

View from front door towards kitchen area which is now hack into open concept -minimal cook environment

BD2doorrelocate.jpg

View of bedroom 2 door relocation hacking.

ToiletLinkforBD2_2.jpg

View of hack through to rest room in Bedroom 2.

We were amazed at their speed,though henry remarked earlier that demolition alone might take 2-3 days at least.

D2_12.jpg

MBR room primed for parquet overlay.

Edited by kiven78

nice layout to play with :D welcome to RT!

mind sharing what's the mistake Henry made wrt demolition?

haha you make yourself sound so ... pathetic.. forced to start a T-blog. :P

Wah demolished for glass walls!! then it'll make the place look even more spacious!

Congrates on ur new home! :D Hee, hope tat after that little hiccup, there'll be no more hiccups. :)

thanks for your kind blessings angel,i ll keep my fingers crossed for future recurrence though i really have to salute henry's professionalism thus far due to high complexity of our renovation for a 'contractor price' we paid for.. :)

nice layout to play with :D welcome to RT!

mind sharing what's the mistake Henry made wrt demolition?

hey ossi thanks for warm welcome :)

(With all due respect to brother Henry,no offense here just plain sharing)

well its just a small glitch whereby it might be partly due to erratic markings / over zealous attitude displayed by his underlings which is good.A good portion of our broken marble was accidentally hacked off (as seen below the cement exposed area),but since our actual plan is to do a overlay of parquet over the entire master bedroom + BR 3 (hacked through/combined) it aint gonna hurt us real bad though.We decided to overlook the matter as he has been extremely responsive and helpful all this while.

D2_12.jpg

thanks for your kind blessings angel,i ll keep my fingers crossed for future recurrence though i really have to salute henry's professionalism thus far due to high complexity of our renovation for a 'contractor price' we paid for.. :)

Hi kiven,

welcome & congrates to your starting reno...will be a major reno huh ?

Cheers!

:yamseng:

Yo yo .... Finally yr turn to start reno :)

All the best :)

yo bro hows things man,i was really glad n blessed to have boss aka master architect Henry to take over from former contractor kelvins with a nonchalant attitude especially our project is of high complexity and not any tom dick harry ID could handle without major cockups along the way according to henry himself.Thanks for your kind support! :)

Edited by kiven78

Hi kiven,

welcome & congrates to your starting reno...will be a major reno huh ?

Cheers!

:yamseng:

thanks for support! btw devil i reckon u may be somehow related to 'angel' in one way or another yea? :yamseng:

hi kiven,

congrates to ur new place~~

u move in fast wif the reno....can't wait to see the new makeover.

thanks for comment dude,though we may be quite pushy with Henry pertain to our completion schedule(which discerning owners wont?) but i will hand credits of 60% to Henry,35% to his workers and 5% to lady luck for godspeed. :)

thanks for support! btw devil i reckon u may be somehow related to 'angel' in one way or another yea? :yamseng:

Huh ... :unsure: ...???.... :o .....me & angel related ?......what makes you seems so ?

Hey Angel...what says you?...... :notti: ......heheheeeee

yo bro hows things man,i was really glad n blessed to have boss aka master architect Henry to take over from former contractor kelvins with a nonchalant attitude especially our project is of high complexity and not any tom dick harry ID could handle without major cockups along the way according to henry himself.Thanks for your kind support! :)

no problem .... but can i have a request from u ???

Can .... can ... can u use flickr to upload yr photo ???? Cos I can't view yr photo in my company :(:(:( sad sia ...... Y most henner hate flickr .... Y ... lol ha