Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  

Hi all, just wanna check what is acceptable range for the cabinet laminate finishing especially at the seams?

Ermmm what are their opening hours like? Called them at th Eunos branch, but no one ans......

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Hi Jimbeam

Just to check, u mentioned previously something about no abs trimming for the joint parts of your cabinet and that its was not satisfactory rite...so wat was their solution for you? wat other probs have u met... when handover? don't think you are the only one having some issues, im sure everyone at some point in time have.. some more than others..just tat perhaps not everyone come in to share...

hi, the abs is mentioned by another forumner, not me :( anyway i have attached a pic from my kitchen cabinet that shows the wood grain gap between the trimmings. im sure some of you will say "its no big deal", but its just tat i did not expect it. the good thing is they redo some parts of my WIW, and i have accepted that part. i guess thats the solution.

03-11-07_1438.jpg

so far have not handover yet, as they are some other minor stuffs to touch up.

seems like not much fate with earnest, but I really wanna see what they have to offer, can someone pm me benedict's contact?

watercooler, ur plc is really cool, so condo looking n showflat looking, hw much u spent?

Hi Guys,

Just to share my renovation experience with Earnest Interiors, Their prices might not be the cheapest in Singapore, but trust me, it is reasonable and value for money, especially with their top quality carpentry workmanship.

My designer is Zann; I didn't read much about her in the forum so kind of worry before the renovation started. But do remember that the renovation project should not be the sole responsible of the designer; no one can read your mind. You have to participate in the project and regularly check on the work done to make sure this is really what you want. Overall, I am happy with their service, Zann and her team are very responsible and helpful. They provide professional graphic drawing, sound advices and best of all; meet their deadline as promised.

I have never regret engaging Earnest-interiors for my renovation. Once again, thanks to Zann and her wonderful team for their excellent job.

I enclosed some of the pictures I took for your reference.

1813393110_0e0c707d87.jpg

1813393112_83001c6228.jpg

1813393114_eae4ff582a.jpg

Wow looks good!

Is yours a resale or new unit? How many room is that? How much did u spend for the renovation?

Hi Jimbeam

Can't see clearly from your photo... think its kinda of blurred... so they minimise the "grain" part of the laminate?Yours is light color lami or dark color...light ones more obvious rite? Its your home so you should have the say in whether its acceptable or not.. other people may say its no big deal but it doesnt mean its ok. Standard, its different for everyone. Everyone priority is different, they may acceot this but other areas they look into more closely...So when handover? Btw, who's your id? Hope your retifications get done to your satisfaction.. !!

Hi,

anyone can PM me Benedict or Jonathan's number? Thanks!

Managed to get benedict's number from their shop......spoke to him for awhile, he seems busy but sounds nice. He asked if I m ok to start reno in march cos feb he nt in sg for a long period. told him we are ok, we r nt in a hurry. Need to do budgetting for our hse etc, so need time to plan anyway

Hi Jimbeam

Can't see clearly from your photo... think its kinda of blurred... so they minimise the "grain" part of the laminate?Yours is light color lami or dark color...light ones more obvious rite? Its your home so you should have the say in whether its acceptable or not.. other people may say its no big deal but it doesnt mean its ok. Standard, its different for everyone. Everyone priority is different, they may acceot this but other areas they look into more closely...So when handover? Btw, who's your id? Hope your retifications get done to your satisfaction.. :unsure:

hi wu ming,

nope..in the end they did not do anything to minimise the grain. the pic is from my kitchen cabinet by the way. the color is greyish so against the wood base is quite clearly seen.

sometimes we do not have any choice, cos they say 'its like tat' and we have to accept it. for eg, after comparing with my current home, i complained about some of the works done, and i heard the supplier in charge is angry that i made tat remark, and even say if i can find someone else doing it better, they will willingly remove the work if I am not satisfied.

my rectifications is 99% done, only wait till this sat then considered complete handover. but i say this for EI, their tiling works is very good.