Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Dextro82

Our Lovely Haven

Really busy with work recently, but words has it that my roller shutter is completed! cant wait to go down and take a look at the new roller shutter and the tiling job this weekend =D

Btw..we are having problems choosing paint color for the house...how to accurately see what the color will turn out after being painted for the house...and wat colour combi is good...zzzz any help?

Edited by Dextro82

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Btw..we are having problems choosing paint color for the house...how to accurately see what the color will turn out after being painted for the house...and wat colour combi is good...zzzz any help?

this is a good question. anyone can help too?

Just to quote you our example. for my current reno, we chose apple white and when it's painted, it looks greenish. hence, have to re-paint the few walls.

avoid apple white if your theme is not environment green. :)

Edited by kelvinkezz

thats nice =D but think i will be getting rectangular dinning table, so 3 lights in a row should be nice =D

Angel...did you buy your lights from pan tech in JE? or is it buy electrical stuff from Kong tai trading? lolx read so many blog..till mixed up liao. =D

Hehe, we went to pan tech to take a look, but didn't buy my lights there. Bought them in jalan besar.

But yes, I bought my washing machine and fans at Kong Tai. It's cheap. :D

welcome!! ur house looks spacious!! cant wait to see ur reno transformation.. heee.. :D

and wow! u got ur house at a steal!! below valuation + near mrt! tot i spotted the brown coloured building (cpf bldg??) from ur balcony window? and that bldg's near mrt rite? :)

Been quite busy..with both work and the house...some updates.

Tiles selection...(was done quite some time ago)

To keep things simple, we chose the same floor tiles for all 3 toilets and kitchen, and chose a slightly different wall tile for the kitchen. thereafter, the only other place that requires tiles are the balcony and recess which uses the same tiles. not too fanciful. =D

Toilet wall tiles

IMG_2252.jpg

Kitchen wall tiles

IMG_2253.jpg

Kitchen and Toilet floor tiles

IMG_2256.jpg

Toilet tiles comparison

IMG_2257.jpg

Balcony tiles comparison

IMG_2259.jpg

Wall tiles on the top and floor tiles on the bottom, floors tiles are the same for the access area.

Roller Shutter

For those who are interested in the roller shutter, spec is about 4.8m by 2.2m, powder coated white, comes with standard switch and 2 remote control.

The rest of the details, u can see from the pictures included.

Cost: $3800, Point of Contact: Mr Toh, Beng Shutter Doors International Pte Ltd. (Can do a google/yahoo search on this, should have all the details u need)

Picture

IMG_2474.jpg

Better picture to show the shutter

IMG_2629.jpg

Edited by Dextro82

Finally the HDB access area renovation is approved and the metal gate is instantly up. =D

Metal gate from the outside

th_IMG_2470.jpg

Metal gate from the inside

th_IMG_2469.jpg

Hole at the Access Area (Possible Shoe Rack Area)

th_aaaa3.jpg

th_aaaa4.jpg

Currently, the wall next to the access area has been hacked away and thinking of how to design that area.

Open to all ideas, thinkin of building a shoe rack there...

Edited by Dextro82

Tiling works continued...

Wall Tiles for Kitchen done

kkk16.jpg

kkk15.jpg

Preparation for Kitchen Floor Tiling

kkk17.jpg

Beam constructed for the Kitchen glass panels

kkk14.jpg

By tml, the balcony and kitchen should be done up and tiling will all be completed.

Should be expecting the painters to come tml and lights to be up soon.

Water works and upstairs flooring / carpentary will have to wait till CNY over. zzz

this is a good question. anyone can help too?

Just to quote you our example. for my current reno, we chose apple white and when it's painted, it looks greenish. hence, have to re-paint the few walls.

avoid apple white if your theme is not environment green. :)

Hi,

I have got a book on all types of colour combi for renovation - each colour theme has a base colour, secondary colour plus decorative colour. Quite useful I tot!

Am not at home today. Will check title of book and update u guys again!

Got it! - * The Colour Scheme Bible by Anna Starmer *

smile,

Edited by mysweetlittlethings

Hi,

I have got a book on all types of colour combi for renovation - each colour theme has a base colour, secondary colour plus decorative colour. Quite useful I tot!

smile,

Does it teach us how to play with tones of a colour? like 2-3 tones of 1 colour in a room? =D

do share the more applicable info with us when u are more free. thanks!

Just got back from the new house, whats completed is the tiling for kitchen and access area. Balcony tiling is almost done too.

Kitchen Tiling all done up

kkk19.jpg

Tiling at balcony...love the change.

balcony1.jpg

balcony2.jpg

Think its the new tiles and the white wall that makes the balcony look so much nicer.

Major problem...from the wonderful HDB builders from old times...

rrr15.jpg

Notice that the wiring casing is not straight...thats due to the ceiling not being level in the first place. This problem can be found throughout the whole house. Beams in the house are never straight...causing problems when u install glass panels, when your tiles have excessive gaps due to the wall not being straight and when u try to run electrical wiring around the house....just UGLY man.

Hi,

smile,

where did you get the book? how much is it? i want to get a copy as well if it isnt too exepnsive...

Are you going to leave the walls and ceiling crooked, or did your contractor suggest ways of rectifying it?

Minor crooked walls etc can be solved by plastering...too jia lat...abit bo bian..live with it, like my MBR ceiling as u can see from the picture.