Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
nini

Kitchen Without Wall Tiles?

my id just suggested to plaster the kitchen wall and paint with outdoor paint (easier to maintain, washable), instead of doing wall tiles, he said can save up 1k++ and this is the new trend as more than 80% of his clients r doing the kitchen wall in this way.. still considering.. whats the pro & cons?

My kitchen wall is painting instead of tile. why? It's economics and look nice then tile. you can change color as u like.

Important is to use oil base sealer for easy maintenance and lasting..

Let me know if u want to have a look of my kitchen.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

My kitchen is also without wall tiles. The wall is with cement screed/plastering.

First consideration was to save cost.

Second consideration was that most of my kitchen walls will be covered by either cabinets or glass backsplash, leaving only one part of a wall exposed. It didn't make sense to tile a wall only to have it covered up by carpentry.

If I just tile the exposed area, it will not only be funny, but also a reno headache for the future if we decide to "update" the kitchen.

How much is this backsplash thing cost? My contractor charge me 22 per sq ft for normal (not tempered) glass. Many colors to choose from. Is it reasonable? thanks :)

Hi

Does that include cutting holes for power socket ? 'cos I assume most of the kitchen should at least have 1-2 of them around the backsplash area.

How much is this backsplash thing cost? My contractor charge me 22 per sq ft for normal (not tempered) glass. Many colors to choose from. Is it reasonable? thanks :)

ok la...cos I already charge others at $25psf but is tempered glass.

Hi

Does that include cutting holes for power socket ? 'cos I assume most of the kitchen should at least have 1-2 of them around the backsplash area.

Yes included.

Yes included.

thnx. Just count mine (3 power sockets) based on picture taken during OTP signing. Owner is quite nice to allow me to take pictures & video for my planning. 1st appointment is next monday, getting excited. lot of stuff to do.

I do apologies if I did ask Qns that already answer elsewhere. I tried to read all thread but I dont think I can finish all, so only read latest posting.

will be visiting JB next week to source for marble dining table & curtain. My JB friend bring me & wf. :P :P

hope to start my t-blog soon.

Edited by dbkungfu