Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
fftw

The Pinnacle @ Duxton - S2

Thank you misswookie :)

Yes, my hinges are from Blum. They are not cheap but well worth the money :) They cost about $150 per pair.

Wavy patterns on glossy laminates cannot be helped. However, you can consider using a ticker laminate to reduced the glossy effect like what I have done but regardless, it will still happen. Since my cabinets are all white, the wavy effect is not that obvious unless you look at it directly or shine a light directly on the cabinets.

Hope I manage to answer your queries.

Thanks fftw!

Just looked through your reno blog - so the laminates are 1.8mm ones from Lamitak? Are they the Newedge ones? I downloaded the ecatalogue which said the Newedge is 1.5mm, and did not see any 1.8mm laminates. I'm a little confused...

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
OpenNet - Major Headache

To tell you the truth, I hate Openet. My home has ABSOLUTELY NO EXPOSED piping or cabling or anything of that sort. The issue with Opennet is that they only made their presence felt after I completed my reno & the problem was that I do not have any false ceiling :bangwall: !! SO how? Well, no choice... A picture tells a thousand words...

Thru the door

IMG_0389.jpg

along the beam

IMG_0390.jpg

into the shoe cabinet

IMG_0391.jpg

Think ours is the shortest & easiest job they did so far...

I was thinking u didn't run it to where your tv is? My hunch is the box will function like the scv box, meaning it need to be near your tv.

Thanks fftw!

Just looked through your reno blog - so the laminates are 1.8mm ones from Lamitak? Are they the Newedge ones? I downloaded the ecatalogue which said the Newedge is 1.5mm, and did not see any 1.8mm laminates. I'm a little confused...

What are the Newedge laminates? I just choose from the catalogue so am not certain of the name. You need to check with your contractor on the sized of the laminates. Its not common but its available. However, my recommendation is that if you have $$$, its best to use Formica, which is 2 or 3 times more pricy because of the quality. Since I am on a budget, I went for the run-of-the-mill type of laminates.

I was thinking u didn't run it to where your tv is? My hunch is the box will function like the scv box, meaning it need to be near your tv.

Nope, I didn't run to where my television was as it covered by carpentry. I spoke to the Opennet folks & its not a requirement that you run it to your television. As long as you run it to an area that has a power plug is sufficient. I plan to install a power plug in the shoe cabinet at a later date when OpenNet is up, which is likely not so soon in the future.

Nope, I didn't run to where my television was as it covered by carpentry. I spoke to the Opennet folks & its not a requirement that you run it to your television. As long as you run it to an area that has a power plug is sufficient. I plan to install a power plug in the shoe cabinet at a later date when OpenNet is up, which is likely not so soon in the future.

Really, this is good news :)

Then I can just place it near my front door?

door.jpg

door.jpg

The best way is to check with the OpenNet techinician on the location. If you read the booklet that comes in your mail box, it does state that its best to have ut near your television, if not at least to a location that has a power plug.

door.jpg

Hmm, yes, it is not a requirement to run to the tv. The purpose of the power point is to power up any accessories (eg. future scv box). Hmm, as far as what I know, if you want access at another area (eg. tv area) in the house, u should have install a RJ45 patch panel next to the box and with internal wiring (eg. Cat 6 cable) lay to the area ( eg. tv area). This is as per guidelines provided by Opennet.

Anyway, only time can tell how it will really work but my advice is it should be near the tv console or somewhere in the house where u will need the new technology (eg. internet) in the future because as per the guidelines provided by Opennet, it doesn't look optimistic if u really want to install near the door. If not, they won't state in the guidelines on laying Cat 6 cables to ensure connectivity.

Let's keep our fingers cross ba.

What are the Newedge laminates? I just choose from the catalogue so am not certain of the name. You need to check with your contractor on the sized of the laminates. Its not common but its available. However, my recommendation is that if you have $$$, its best to use Formica, which is 2 or 3 times more pricy because of the quality. Since I am on a budget, I went for the run-of-the-mill type of laminates.

Hi fftw

Thanks for the info! Newedge is a product I saw in the Lamitak e-catalogue, thought you might have used it. I should go to Lamitak to take a look and also talk to them. I did ask my contractor about using thicker laminates but neither he nor his carpenter knows about them. When he sourced around he only found 2mm laminates from Formica. Since I have a lot of carpentry/cabinetry, easily >35ft not including walk-in wardrobe, I think Formica would be toooo much unfortunately.

Hmm, yes, it is not a requirement to run to the tv. The purpose of the power point is to power up any accessories (eg. future scv box). Hmm, as far as what I know, if you want access at another area (eg. tv area) in the house, u should have install a RJ45 patch panel next to the box and with internal wiring (eg. Cat 6 cable) lay to the area ( eg. tv area). This is as per guidelines provided by Opennet.

Anyway, only time can tell how it will really work but my advice is it should be near the tv console or somewhere in the house where u will need the new technology (eg. internet) in the future because as per the guidelines provided by Opennet, it doesn't look optimistic if u really want to install near the door. If not, they won't state in the guidelines on laying Cat 6 cables to ensure connectivity.

This Opennet thing is really vexing! :bangwall: The stupid thing is I already laid Cat 6 cables for a home LAN, but realised the Opennet issue too late - after the wiring has been done and false ceilings already put up. Also the previous owners did not opt for free installation so have to spend $ to get Opennet guys to come install. Too much money, too much trouble, so will be foregoing this entirely. I refuse to have ugly trunking running around after so much effort has been made hiding stuff.

Hmmm, ok, these are all to 'chim' to me :P

What will be will be....

My Awesome (as far as I am concern ;) ) Concealed Kitchen

In order to achieve a neat & clean look, all my electrical appliances are hidden behind the cabinets. Only my fridge, hood & hob is exposed. Many of you may be asking why I do not wish to get a concealed fridge. Well, the answer is simple... We are unable to find a 6 door fridge that is concealed. And we are delighted with this fridge made in Japan :)

Closed

IMG_0402.jpg

Open Sesame

IMG_0403-1.jpg

Wow, your concealed theme in the kitchen n living room really looks awesome.

Very simple, tidy, yet very usefull.

:bow:

Edited by Clementi_PR

Hi fftw

Thanks for the info! Newedge is a product I saw in the Lamitak e-catalogue, thought you might have used it. I should go to Lamitak to take a look and also talk to them. I did ask my contractor about using thicker laminates but neither he nor his carpenter knows about them. When he sourced around he only found 2mm laminates from Formica. Since I have a lot of carpentry/cabinetry, easily >35ft not including walk-in wardrobe, I think Formica would be toooo much unfortunately.

Maybe the best is to check with your contractor/carpenter what other brands has a thicker laminate. Formica is really pricey. I wanted to use Formica too till I heard the price :rolleyes:

If you are going for glossy, the point to take note that as long as there is no direct light shining on the laminate, the wavvy look will not be obvious at all unless you go very close to the laminate to check it out. Do consider going for light colours. The darker the glossy laminate, the more obvious the finger prints, the more upkeeping you have to do. Also, don't go for "pure" white. Choose the off-white range so it gives a softer look rather than a harsh overall effect.

Edited by fftw

This Opennet thing is really vexing! :bangwall: The stupid thing is I already laid Cat 6 cables for a home LAN, but realised the Opennet issue too late - after the wiring has been done and false ceilings already put up. Also the previous owners did not opt for free installation so have to spend $ to get Opennet guys to come install. Too much money, too much trouble, so will be foregoing this entirely. I refuse to have ugly trunking running around after so much effort has been made hiding stuff.

I know how you feel!!! I feel the same way too. Initially didn't want to even install OpenNet cos of the trunking but in the end, when we think about it in the long run, better to install rather than regret or like in your situation, make life tough for the next owner should we sell the place.

Hmmm, ok, these are all to 'chim' to me :P

What will be will be....

Same here. That is why I let my hubby decided!