Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
fftw

The Pinnacle @ Duxton - S2

You are asking a wrong question, I think Dennis is an ID instead of contractor.

Actually, Dennis is a contractor :) He has renovated so many homes that he has a few creative ideas up is sleeve :)

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Actually, Dennis is a contractor :) He has renovated so many homes that he has a few creative ideas up is sleeve :)

Haaa .... ooops

From your description, I always thought he's an ID. Or maybe, he's so good until I tot he's an ID :P:D

Haaa .... ooops

From your description, I always thought he's an ID. Or maybe, he's so good until I tot he's an ID :P:D

No worries :) Its a fine line between a contractor & an ID. A contractor will also be better as he will know what can be done & what can't be done whereas a ID is more concern abt the looks. Of course, if you can find a contractor who is interested in ID but do not have the papere qualifications, is the best. Dennis is someone like that :)

just note when you want to meet dennis, do not go to the balestier office, as i've been told to, as it's not zara interiors but vogue design place! at first i thought it was a wrong address till the id inside told me it was a "sister" company! these people also don't know the aircon guy edwin. i was disappointed that zara did not tell me about this beforehand, if my budget is low then tell me politely... emailed to meet them at their office but no reply to date..

anyway i managed to find edwin the aircon guy's contact, quoted me by sms, when i asked him to send me an official quotation, had to remind him for 3 days! when the quotation finally came, there was no mention of materials, pipings used etc as i had requested.... needless to say, my hard earned money won't be going to zara or edwin..

Its disappointing that you experience shoddy service. The thing is that I didn't experience what you did neither have the several friends I recommended Dennis too. All of them only had good things to tell me about Dennis.

But as I said in the beginning of this blog, you must choose whoever you feel comfortable with. One man's posion is another man's meat. Also, those who PM me will know that I always ask for your name before recommending Dennis as I usually contact him to let him know who will be contacting him for renovation quotations.

And to tell you the truth, I did not get a offical black & white quotation from Edwin as well. If you read my blog, there was no mentioned of it in the slightest. In fact, I even got a text message on the price & I spoke to Edwin about the materials. After I confirm with him on the purchase, he ask me if I wanted an official invoice, but I said no. In any case, I didn't give him a single cent of my hard earned money till 2 weeks after I moved into my place. The people I recommended Edwin to & there are quite a few, also only had good experiences.

Having said this, I hope you can find someone whom you are comfortable to part your hard earned cash. Good luck!

fftw - ask you.... our 5rm yard is not that big, after you place the washing machine and stack the dryer on top. can you still use the clothes hanger installed by HDB?

ie, when you want to drip dry those need to hand wash clothes, will the water drips on your washing machine/ dryer or even ikea boxes?

also, there are lots of recent complaints of the heavy down pour, us being the corner units, did your yard get flooded? or your washing machine/dryer/boxes get extremely wet/dirty? Was wondering if exposed to rain constantly will spoil the equipment/ rust faster....

lastly, can you open the aircon ledge gate for servicing after you stack up the dryer?

thanks!

Nothing against anyone, but I do not understand why there's a need to contact Dennis beforehand to let him know who will be contacting him for quotation?

To me, its a courtesy thing to do. It is about showing someone due respect. I hate it when people give my mobile number to others (even their friends) without asking for my permission. He may be a contractor but it doesn't mean that I should not treat him with due respect & seek his "agreement". Though he always says "yes", it doesn't mean I should take it for granted.

fftw - ask you.... our 5rm yard is not that big, after you place the washing machine and stack the dryer on top. can you still use the clothes hanger installed by HDB?

ie, when you want to drip dry those need to hand wash clothes, will the water drips on your washing machine/ dryer or even ikea boxes?

also, there are lots of recent complaints of the heavy down pour, us being the corner units, did your yard get flooded? or your washing machine/dryer/boxes get extremely wet/dirty? Was wondering if exposed to rain constantly will spoil the equipment/ rust faster....

lastly, can you open the aircon ledge gate for servicing after you stack up the dryer?

thanks!

I can still use the clothes hanger to hang clothes but I can't lower the hanger. However, at this moment, I only use the yard hanger to hang floor clothes, as its very dusty at Pinnacle@Duxton. My washing machine spin cycle is quite good so I never experienced the "water dripping" syndrome.

As for the heavy downpours, it does get into the yard area but it never reaches my washing machine or dryer. Only one finger hength of the floor is slighty damp from the wind blowing the rain in. So as for your question, the answer is no, since there is no constant exposure of my washing machine or dryer to the elements. As for as dirt is concern, it only gets dusty cost of the renovation going around.

And yes, I can open the aircon ledge gate to servicing the aircon with no problems. The dryer does not block the ledge gate at all. The yard is actually deceiving large. After putting in the laundry bins, dryer & washing machine, I still have room for my mop, broom, spade, pails, etc hidden next to my dryer/washing machine & even have room for me & my domestic helper to sort out laundry together!

Thanks fftw for your detailed reply. We also intend to get a dryer, how is the city gas dryer? is it good? or any problem encounter from this so far?

So from the look of it, we are thinking that we can't lower the clothes hanger and wanted to confirm if our imagination is correct. hiaz... you just confirm it for me... =(

my mum wants to hang those clothes that have to be hand wash and not machine wash on the hanger to drip dry.. so with the hanger can't be lowered, then maybe a problem, got to think of where to hang those hand wash clothes....

Thanks fftw for your detailed reply. We also intend to get a dryer, how is the city gas dryer? is it good? or any problem encounter from this so far?

So from the look of it, we are thinking that we can't lower the clothes hanger and wanted to confirm if our imagination is correct. hiaz... you just confirm it for me... =(

my mum wants to hang those clothes that have to be hand wash and not machine wash on the hanger to drip dry.. so with the hanger can't be lowered, then maybe a problem, got to think of where to hang those hand wash clothes....

We are using City Gas dryer now, no issues whatsoever. We used to use a F&P dryer but it cause our electrican bill to shot up quite high. With a City Gas dryer, its more cost efficient. As mentioned, we do not use the hanger at the yard to hang our clothes at this moment because of the construction dust, we have a standing hanger which we use to dry our clothes at the balcony. After its dried (esp for towels & bedsheets), I will put them in the dryer for about 10 mins to get that newly laundered smell :)

Last few pictures... Wall of "Fame" + Views of our Curtains (Day & Night)

Last View of the Living Room

IMG_0416.jpg

heya fftw, your place is really beautifully done up! :D

Can i ask where you got the coffee table from? And can share the price?

Remember this photo that I took of my neighbour's flat before hacking and I mentioned that mine is the opposite layout?

PD7-1.jpg

Here is how my place looks after the hacking

IMG_0197.jpg

Hi fftw

am asking on behalf of my colleague who has also got a unit at the Pinnacle..

she was told by her ID that to build a full height cabinet, she needs to put chemical on existing wall tiles, then plaster to build wall.. this costs about $900.. did you have to do the same? or just build on the wall tiles?

tks

hi gal,

am planning to purchase the citygas heater and dryer. Am also staying in pinnacle. Any problems with them? Seeing that the heater has to be installed in the yard, would the flame be extinguished easily, every time the wind blows? and am also eyeing on the 6door panansonic fridge... any advice? Thanks.

heya fftw, your place is really beautifully done up! :D

Can i ask where you got the coffee table from? And can share the price?

Thanks coldflamez :) My coffee table is from Minotti. Its not cheap but has been with us since ours days living in Nathan road, about 8 years ago. Can't really recall the price but think its around 2 grand.