Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
thephantom

Bachelor Pad At Kovan

Kitchen

kitchen2-1.jpg

Hi thephantom,

Nice kitchen you have.

I'm getting my key probably 3mths later, haven't even go for 1st appt yet.

My kitchen layout is almost the same as yours.. it's really small plus the common toilet is just at the right side of the kitchen entrance. But, can see that you did a great job here. Now, it looks spacious. :good:

Btw, realised there isn't any service yard, how you settle your laundry?

Cheers,

infinitie

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

hi melvin,

For the bedroom with the purple feature wall, i have currently have two wall lights (40W) which i will be upgrading to at least 75W. Recently bought a 100W stand light to supplement the light.

I have yet to install lights at the study room. Plan to install a ceiling light next to the fan (same level/lower than the fan blades) and have lights just above the study table. Hopefully the lux level is sufficiently comfortable.

hi infinitie,

thanks for the compliments. the scaling down of the storeroom really helped in making the kitchen bigger. also the relocation of the sink made it possible to have a galley kitchen. the washing machine is actually next to the fridge and i plan to install the Ezzi Living clothes hanger in the near future. in the meantime, laundry is being done at my future in laws place a stone throw away. :)

hi el nino, the sound will still come out from the correct channels as long as the wires are not swapped. However, if the speakers are off different models, the sound coming out might be affected.

hey thanks phantom.

anyways, i committed to a purchase of the procinema 600 with 1000 center using Denon AVR-1910.

have not decided whether to use default sub or upgrade to the velo CHT8Q.

cost me 2.1k and if up to velo sub an extra $500. value for money?

was served by dennis last weekend.

hey thanks phantom.

anyways, i committed to a purchase of the procinema 600 with 1000 center using Denon AVR-1910.

have not decided whether to use default sub or upgrade to the velo CHT8Q.

cost me 2.1k and if up to velo sub an extra $500. value for money?

was served by dennis last weekend.

no problems el nino.

i would suggest that you upgrade your sub. i find that the definitive technology sub not up to standard compared to their surround and centre speakers. trust me, a good sub and centre speakers will make your home entertainment experience to die for. not sure of the specs difference between velo CHT8Q and spl-800i but i love my spl-800i! i was served by jeffrey during my visit to KEC.

no problems el nino.

i would suggest that you upgrade your sub. i find that the definitive technology sub not up to standard compared to their surround and centre speakers. trust me, a good sub and centre speakers will make your home entertainment experience to die for. not sure of the specs difference between velo CHT8Q and spl-800i but i love my spl-800i! i was served by jeffrey during my visit to KEC.

Hi Phantom,

Slight digress, I am thinking to setup simple and good entertainment system in my future house. Preferable, 2 speakers + sub + centre speaker. Should I buy amplifier ? Any recommendation ?

Hopefully can get a value-for-money setup.

Hi Phantom,

Slight digress, I am thinking to setup simple and good entertainment system in my future house. Preferable, 2 speakers + sub + centre speaker. Should I buy amplifier ? Any recommendation ?

Hopefully can get a value-for-money setup.

hi ngunadi,

what will you be using your entertainment system for? mostly music or movies? for movies, it is recommended to have surround speakers (5.1 channel) to complete your setup and you will need an amplifier to drive the speakers.

first of all, you have to decide on a budget. from there, you can determine whether you would like a home theater in a box system or separate components system. for separate components systems, a good place to check would be the hifi shops at Adelphi who can advice an appropriate system based on budget and size of your room. hope this helps!

hi ngunadi,

what will you be using your entertainment system for? mostly music or movies? for movies, it is recommended to have surround speakers (5.1 channel) to complete your setup and you will need an amplifier to drive the speakers.

first of all, you have to decide on a budget. from there, you can determine whether you would like a home theater in a box system or separate components system. for separate components systems, a good place to check would be the hifi shops at Adelphi who can advice an appropriate system based on budget and size of your room. hope this helps!

Most probably for music, movies and games. I am not so keen to have surround speakers because it's a bit troublesome to put the rear speakers.

Would it better to use a separate system or a box system?

I am thinking to get amplifier and 2 speakers first then slowly add the sub-woofer and center speaker.

no problems el nino.

muahahaha...then if i upz the sub maybe shd consider soundproofing the living room...wonder will all the bollywood dances, hollywood gunfires and explosions and the crowd chanting YNWA and cheering on Torres at anfield during the weekends create termors and unbearable living to my neighbours? :notti:

i do like the fact that CHT8Q is able to auto adjust itself to the programme its playing..as mentioned by dennis. whats the additional cost for your spl-800i?

think i wanna consider a soundbar for my study / gaming room..hopefully can find one less than $300 next week or in June..