Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
twinklelittlestar

Anti Slam Hinges

Just drop by BLUM showroom in Ubi Ave 4 for the price list. As they run out of hard copy, they email me the price list. BLUM hinge price is below (Exclude BLUMOTION clip)

MODUL/Spring

Article No. Description Colour Price

95M1550 Modul/Spring Nickel plated S$ 1.07

91A6550 Modul/Spring - 107° Nickel plated S$ 3.23

193L6100

Without height

adjustment (for Modul)

- 170°

Chipboard

screw S$ 0.35

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hi, the following are top quality cabinet hinges that are available here which have the soft-closing or anti-slam mechanism:

Salice - Italy, Hettich - Germany, Blum - Austria, Mepla (Glass)- Germany.

The prices are relative to the function, eg. opening angle, weight of the door, and the cranking.

These 4 brands set the standards that other brands follow.

Hi

For blum/hettich look & feel, u can also drop by Classic Furniture showroom at Tg Katong Mall (I think level 3). They got the hinges, runner, tray, pull-up etc. Pricing wise definitely more expensive than u source it yourself.

I am using Mepla hinges for my kitchen cabinets, and also wardrobe. Brought them from Hafele who was the distributor then, that was 12 years ago.

Also the Mepla Dynamic slides. Until now, still functioning well :D Good brand :good:

u can try www.excelhw.com.sg

Guys

For blum hinges, how many do we need per door? My contractor suggest 1 blum hinge + 1 normal hinge to save cost..Any comments?

Guys

For blum hinges, how many do we need per door? My contractor suggest 1 blum hinge + 1 normal hinge to save cost..Any comments?

Hi htng

you sure you want to do that? I don't really know, but i suspect that might reduce it's anti slam function by half?

Looking at the price list now:

107deg clip top hiinge $1.63

blumotion $2.43

mounting plate $0.80

so 1 set of hinge + acc ~ $5

x 2 for a cabinet ~ $10

if you have 20 cabinets in the house = $200

if you use half blum, save $100 but sacrifice function

i find that's not worth it, but of course just my opinion

For my cabinet doors (wardrobe and kitchen) - I just change 1 (small) or 2 (full length) of the hinges to a cheapo damper hinge that the carpenter has.... if you wanna a brand... there's MOBILE stamped on it.... cost only $1.5 each. The hinges that come with my cabinet are from HAFELE

For my cabinet doors (wardrobe and kitchen) - I just change 1 (small) or 2 (full length) of the hinges to a cheapo damper hinge that the carpenter has.... if you wanna a brand... there's MOBILE stamped on it.... cost only $1.5 each. The hinges that come with my cabinet are from HAFELE

I have installed all the Blum hinges and it seems like u need a large force before the door will swing close. Anyone have this experience?

I have installed all the Blum hinges and it seems like u need a large force before the door will swing close. Anyone have this experience?

I love to slam cabinet doors, but don like the sound of it. Tats y I choose to Blum them. :D

Now you know why I only change 1 of the 2 hinges (small door).... or 2 of 4 (big door).... else, need to push hard to start the closing process... and takes FOREVER!!

... and my family and I don't slam things.... it's a culture thing. If I do, then maybe need to change ALL the hinges :)

Now you know why I only change 1 of the 2 hinges (small door).... or 2 of 4 (big door).... else, need to push hard to start the closing process... and takes FOREVER!!

... and my family and I don't slam things.... it's a culture thing. If I do, then maybe need to change ALL the hinges :)

now I understand bcos I close it very lightly. Lucky my carpenter install one antislam only. Haha!

If you are looking for alternatives for anti slam/soft closing hinges, you can try looking @ www.innerwerkz.com

Thanks @macer...... very good site.... I have found what I was looking for..... cabinet light :) pity there's no pricing listed in the website... let me try emailing them and test how fast (if any) is their response