Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
twinklelittlestar

Anti Slam Hinges

Hi,

any good people here can share their experience with the different type of anti-slam hinges for cabinets?

I personally have tested hettich anti slam hinge and i like it.

Heard of blum and people says it is expensive.

are there other hinge system our local carpenter use?

cheers

twinklelittlestar

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Hi,

any good people here can share their experience with the different type of anti-slam hinges for cabinets?

cheers

twinklelittlestar

ikea has anti-slam hinges too. heard from some that it is actually done by blum for ikea but of course it will not be as good as blum. it will be cheaper though, as compared to blum. I am also considering this for my new flat.

hafele is another one you can try. When you say expensive what does that means?, all these are a few $$ parts, not worth to spend too much time to worry over unless you have >1000 of hinges. :D

Hi,

cheers

twinklelittlestar

Hi samgalz and wuga98, thanks for sharing the info.

Btw, any review regarding the carpentry works of Seng Kwong Furniture (2,4 defu lane 5). I quite like their glass kitchen cabinets and they use hettich anti-slam hinges. Any maintenance issue with glass cabinets?

ikea has anti-slam hinges too. heard from some that it is actually done by blum for ikea but of course it will not be as good as blum. it will be cheaper though, as compared to blum. I am also considering this for my new flat.

no, it's actually blum :P you can see the blum brand on the hinges. it's just marketed as ikea. price-wise, it's the same.

but most IDs try to make you pay more if you request for blum even though it's cheap.

Go to BLUM showroom at Ubi. 2010 Price list is there. Like most forumers said, the hinges are only few dollars each. The expensive one are the servos, followed by pull-up and then runners.

no, it's actually blum :P you can see the blum brand on the hinges. it's just marketed as ikea. price-wise, it's the same.

but most IDs try to make you pay more if you request for blum even though it's cheap.

I spoke to the ikea assistant, he said the hinge is blum but it's the 2nd class one. Don't know it's true or not :P

www.grass.at Designed and Made in Austria

www.blum.com Designed and Made in Australia

www.hafele.com Designed in German but Made in China

www.grass.at Designed and Made in Austria

www.blum.com Designed and Made in Australia

www.hafele.com Designed in German but Made in China

How much is a set of Blum hinges? $10? How do we know which model to buy?

How much is a set of Blum hinges? $10? How do we know which model to buy?

the drawers one will be ex, around 60+ for a set depending on the weight it can support up to...

the drawers one will be ex, around 60+ for a set depending on the weight it can support up to...

I am refering to those hinge type for door. How do we know which type to purchase?

Safest way is to ask your carpenter the exact item or size. Or you hop to Blum distributor.

I am refering to those hinge type for door. How do we know which type to purchase?

Safest way is to ask your carpenter the exact item or size. Or you hop to Blum distributor.

I am wondering whether those ID will tell us or not.

You need to tell your ID/carpenter anyway. You need to tell them that you would provide the blum hinges so they won't quote your extra for it.

But I think, since the blum hinges are only around $2/3, they should be able to absorb it or you only pay nominal amount to your ID/carpenter.

FYI, I ask for anti-slam/soft-closing mechanism for my cabinets. The difference was around $100 ~~

I am wondering whether those ID will tell us or not.

You need to tell your ID/carpenter anyway. You need to tell them that you would provide the blum hinges so they won't quote your extra for it.

But I think, since the blum hinges are only around $2/3, they should be able to absorb it or you only pay nominal amount to your ID/carpenter.

FYI, I ask for anti-slam/soft-closing mechanism for my cabinets. The difference was around $100 ~~

from what I know, original Blum hinge are like $6-8 per pcs. Maybe someone familiar can confirm? I doubt it will be $2-3 per pcs unless it is the ikea OEM?