Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
samgalz

Our Dream Home~

I have been reading and benefiting alot of information and ideas from Renotalk though I have not got the keys to my unit. As a typical kiasu singaporean, I am already looking out for reno information. :P

Our unit is a 4rm reasale in Sengkang and our first appt will be 19 April (long story as to why we have to wait so long for the appt)...so estimate completion will be somewhere around end May. We will be getting a FSM to audit the house and after which we will start the reno process. No floor plan at this moment (so sorry) but we shall be purchasing it pretty soon and will upload it once available. As of today, what hubby and I have decided that the works we will be doing to the house will be as follows:

1) Dismantle exisiting kitchen cabinets and constructing new cabinets with soft-closing hinges and blum or blum alike systems.

2) Kitchen door (optional, depending on the damage to the budget)

3) replacing MBR and common toilet doors and do shower screen

4) constructing MBR toilet vanity area and small vanity area for common toilet

5) build-in wardrobe /cabinet for MBR, child bedroom and study room.

6) replace main gate and change lock for main door

7) wallpaper study room (still considering as hubby need the room to teach music so need to do a little soundproofing)

8) constructing cabinets at the bay windows at the MBR and child bedroom

9) roller blinds for 3 rooms and living room

Right now, I am looking out for furniture and electrical products that we are interested and keeping a note so that when we get down to do the purchase, at least we know what we want. :rolleyes:

Wishlist for now

1) Indesit front loader IWB 6085 EU 6kg - $729 @ Mayer

2) Panasonic 3-in-1 microwave oven NNGS597MYPQ~SILVER - $499 @ Gain City

3) Panasonic Refrigerator NR-BT262 - $499 @ Gain City or NRBU302SSSG~SILVER - $599 @ Gain City OR

4) Sharp Refrigerator SJD26SSL~SILVER - $449 @ Gain City or SJD30SSL~SILVER - $489 @ gain city

5) Samsung or Panasonic 32" or max 42" LCD TV

6) Roomba irobot (i LOVE but hubby and family is persuading me to drop the idea) :~

Edited by samgalz

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
welcome! :)

You can buy the floorplan online and get the softcopy within 1 or 2 working days. Look forward to seeing your floorplan.

Hi coldflamez

thanks, we know about the purchasing online for the floor plan but broadband is a little cranky. Even now I'm having problem loading RT. We decided to wait a couple of days when the broadband settled before doing the purchase online. Anyway, we are not in a hurry as keys are not here yet so we cannot do much except drool at other people's t-blog. :P

BTW, I will try to upload pics of flat in current condition as seen in my valuation report. Just need to find time to scan the pics using office's scanner during lunch break :P

Edited by samgalz

anyone has any good ideas how I can soundproof my study room? It has windows at the corridor so we are worried we will disturb neighbours when my hubby is teaching music. So far we are considering to wallpaper the room and putting shaggy rugs.

my floor plan.... a simple 4 rm corridor...

floorplan.jpg

will be finalizing with hubby what are the works we will be doing and start getting quotes from the contractors/IDs...can't wait to start the reno process!!! :wub:

Edited by samgalz

anyone has any good ideas how I can soundproof my study room? It has windows at the corridor so we are worried we will disturb neighbours when my hubby is teaching music. So far we are considering to wallpaper the room and putting shaggy rugs.

the proper way is to put a partition filled with acoustic foam. but this will effectively cover up your window.

wallpapering wouldn't help much, shaggy rugs may dampen the sound slightly if you cover the walls with them :D

the proper way is to put a partition filled with acoustic foam. but this will effectively cover up your window.

wallpapering wouldn't help much, shaggy rugs may dampen the sound slightly if you cover the walls with them :D

ya, quite a few already telling me wallpapering will not help... :( Wah...if put shaggy rugs all over the walls my pocket sure one BIG hole! haha... Anyway, it does not have to be total sound proof. Reason why we thinking of sound proofing is that my hubby teaches music at home and the room he uses faces the corridor and it's jus right outside our neighbour-to-be's door. We dun want them to come knocking our door saying us noisy. But with so much consideration, I may tell hubby to forget it. Let them live with some music and who knows, they may ask my hubby to teach their children!! = more $$ :P

We will work with shaggy rug + aircon + close window + curtain method until otherwise....(*cross fingers*)

very long kitchen u have..maybe u can consider doing a wet/dry kitchen!

rondy: it looks long lah, but actual fact pretty narrow space so I thinking to do a L-shape cabinet unit. W/M will be behind the sink... will upload a revised floor plan, probably tonite, with some of my ideas inside but ugly drawings :P

what kinda music he teaching?violin?piano?singing?er hu?! :P

Wah, u clever leh, almost got it. He teaching sheng, chinese woodwind instrument. So it's not really very noisy....

rondy: it looks long lah, but actual fact pretty narrow space so I thinking to do a L-shape cabinet unit. W/M will be behind the sink... will upload a revised floor plan, probably tonite, with some of my ideas inside but ugly drawings :P

your kitchen is 2.2m wide, mine is 2.1 :D

your kitchen is 2.2m wide, mine is 2.1 :D

Ya, so it's not too wide too do alot... and I definitely cannot do open concept... wanted to do a breakfast counter but idea kill by hubby. no choice, he coming out with the $$ so bigger say. but definitely the design of the cabinet must be decided by ME! cos I'm the one using it. :D

Ya, so it's not too wide too do alot... and I definitely cannot do open concept... wanted to do a breakfast counter but idea kill by hubby. no choice, he coming out with the $$ so bigger say. but definitely the design of the cabinet must be decided by ME! cos I'm the one using it. :D

If you want to maximise kitchen space, you should consider galley kitchen :)

ya, quite a few already telling me wallpapering will not help... :( Wah...if put shaggy rugs all over the walls my pocket sure one BIG hole! haha... Anyway, it does not have to be total sound proof. Reason why we thinking of sound proofing is that my hubby teaches music at home and the room he uses faces the corridor and it's jus right outside our neighbour-to-be's door. We dun want them to come knocking our door saying us noisy. But with so much consideration, I may tell hubby to forget it. Let them live with some music and who knows, they may ask my hubby to teach their children!! = more $$ :P

We will work with shaggy rug + aircon + close window + curtain method until otherwise....(*cross fingers*)

Your window must get those double layered type :) can reduce sound transmission.

Your window must get those double layered type :) can reduce sound transmission.

ossify: I've read about those but it's only that one room leh.... let's see my "boss" want or not... :D

rondy: haha...ya lor. thick curtains is one consideration lah. I may do roman blind with thick material for that room...still considering.

proposed kitchen plan that IT idiot me did using Ikea planner...not the exact design I'm looking at but somewhat similar. :dunno:

proposedkitchen.jpg

Will try to upload some pics from the valuation report, some pics of designs which I like and pic of my proposed idea for reno. pretty busy in office these few days so bear with me :help: