Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
samgalz

Our Dream Home~

no, i'm not referring to the 1 man henckel made in shanghai $88 set.

i'm referring to the original 2 man henckel knives set which indicated "germany" on the blade.

there are in fact some knives set which are better bargain than buying separately.

hope it helps.

added: if i never remember wrongly, there is this super high quality henckels (w/o "germany" on blade but imprinted with 2 man logo) knive set @ $298 which comes with bamboo block and chopping board.

hi berry_surprise. I also went recce at Tangs/Robinson/Isetan before going over to OG and the cheapest range of the 2 man Henckels that I saw was like in the $300 range and it consist of some knives that I dun need and do not have the chopper which I need. yes, it might be a better bargain at times to get knives set but for me I feel that I prefer to get what I need & make away with the ones I dun need. Maybe some other forumners might need the set u mentioned.

thanks anyway.

Edited by samgalz

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
BTW, the cashier told me spending $50 can only buy 1 pc, not all.. But she say nvm, let me buy all... Samgalz, did u encounter this?
no leh. i bought 3pcs leh.

Haha... I was told "not good mth" just like 7th mth. :P

Well ... Always put some log on these things. Even fsm, good dates, etc. have "logic".

If don't follow logic, every month is a "bad month".

I also wanted the get the 1 man brand, since the price abt the same, but after comparing, they don come with a cleaver, so if i buy the set, i still need to get a cleaver. So i bought the 2 man brand instead. Now i need to get a wooden block for them.. any recommendations?

BTW, the cashier told me spending $50 can only buy 1 pc, not all.. But she say nvm, let me buy all... Samgalz, did u encounter this?

nope, i bought all four of my items without any comments from the cashier. also the promo details did not say anything like this at all. I'm also looking for either a wooden block or a knives tray which I saw in another forumner's blog. the tray seems like from blum. also nguandi's recommendation of razorsharp.com.sg has also a similar knives tray. I jus need to find out if it can hold our large cleaver....and of course the price. :P

wooden block u can get from OG mah. or look at ikea. they may have what we need.

Edited by samgalz

Samjie, thank you very much on the knife info. Went down OG yesterday and bought almost the whole set!!! :dancingqueen:

Really worth it and cheap! Unbelieveable.....

Samjie, thank you very much on the knife info. Went down OG yesterday and bought almost the whole set!!! :dancingqueen:

Really worth it and cheap! Unbelieveable.....

wahaha.... u din buy which one? chinese chef knife rite?

ya, i was like shocked as well. good things must share... :notti:

glad someone else benefited from the info. so I can forsee Reuben didi u hv to give me one big treat liao, cos I helped u save on knives, bathroom accessories and lightings? :lol:

Edited by samgalz

I also wanted the get the 1 man brand, since the price abt the same, but after comparing, they don come with a cleaver, so if i buy the set, i still need to get a cleaver. So i bought the 2 man brand instead. Now i need to get a wooden block for them.. any recommendations?

at first i also thought is every $50 spent then can get one special price knife, but cashier say can get as many as i like wor. i bought 4pc then was discussing at cashier counter with wife to buy more or not, then cashier say she split our bill (we bought 2 sets of bedsheets at $79 each) then we keep one of them when we decide to get more knives. says promo till sep and we can come back for the knives with just the receipt she separated ;)

wahaha.... u din buy which one? chinese chef knife rite?

ya, i was like shocked as well. good things must share... :notti:

glad someone else benefited from the info. so I can forsee Reuben didi u hv to give me one big treat liao, cos I helped u save on knives, bathroom accessories and lightings? :lol:

Then u owe lilth and me for lightings too? :notti:

I am more interested in where to get good non stick wok and pans... I wonder how good is green pan.

I am more interested in where to get good non stick wok and pans... I wonder how good is green pan.

lol..i got to know about A Lighting from here wan lah..so don't owe me..

wahaha...joking lah. all my info also got from RT. jus teasing Reuben cos he was thanking me sooooo much!

matashi, u need so many knives??!! :unsure:

hmm....dun hv good view on non-stick pans & woks. i got hard anodised ones. those if u know how to use well, can be pretty non-stick too. now i avoid teflon cos they peel and dunno what we eat in our food.

green pan....is it the latest korean one with the "da chang jin" featured in it? I saw the advert in OG and hubby was like impressed. but real ex lor. one small simple pan already like $100 - 200??!! :bow:

I have green-pan. And maybe due to maintenance or usage, the food still sticks ... :(

Maybe I should post the pic of my 1 yr old green pan

I have green-pan. And maybe due to maintenance or usage, the food still sticks ... :(

Maybe I should post the pic of my 1 yr old green pan

My aunt say need to heat to certain temp then will be non stick, before that temperature sure stick one. Sigh.. I am still looking for a nice wok, soup pot and sauce pan. I am waiting for donation of WMF too.. :P

My aunt say need to heat to certain temp then will be non stick, before that temperature sure stick one. Sigh.. I am still looking for a nice wok, soup pot and sauce pan. I am waiting for donation of WMF too.. :P

Exactly. With correct temperature, the alumunium pan would be non-stick.

Have you tried to check the kitchen supplies store at chinatown? They sell with great price. Remember to ask for 20% discounts also

WMF OG got offer...6 pcs pot set (including a frying pan) $150 and 7pcs set $189....then u can buy the 2 man henckel knives too liao :P

another solution go hint hint ur family members. hahaha