Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
MohGuan

Post War Sit 3-rm Flat At Moh Guan Terrace

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Beautiful nice home. Cheers!

I am impressed with your 3D pictures.

My 3D pictures definitely cannot be compared with those that churned out by IDs. Anyway, thanks! :)

Hello MohGuan!

i'm new to the TiongBahru neighbourhood too!

mine's is at Lim Liak st. top flr also.

nice drawings! didn't know google has such a grt software!!cheers! :paint:

wonder's how's your contractor search coming along!

i've been ID searching the past 2 weeks... after reading so much abt IDs on this forum, a bit scared...

Hello MohGuan!

i'm new to the TiongBahru neighbourhood too!

mine's is at Lim Liak st. top flr also.

nice drawings! didn't know google has such a grt software!!cheers! :paint:

wonder's how's your contractor search coming along!

i've been ID searching the past 2 weeks... after reading so much abt IDs on this forum, a bit scared...

yours must be those nice art deco building with open staircase right? I was hoping to get those, but then there were no one selling when I was looking for a house in Aug.

how big is ur place? 3-room?

I don't believe in getting ID to design my house. Went to one and total sum quoted by the ID firm was about $50K. Now I'm spending about $25K, which is like half the price. So you may just want to deisng the house yourself if you are on a tight budget. Otherwise you may just engage an ID to design the house for you as it will free up a lot of headache for u.

hi MohGuan,

i oso love those pre-war houses @tiong bahru but the cov is realli killing. Plus no lift so we scrapped the idea of getting one there.

However, someone i know thru few of my mutual frens stay there but she had bought a 3-rm landed hdb near balestier so currently her 3yrs old (she stayed there onli 3 yrs) tiong bahru flat has been rented out instead.

To be honest, i have not been to her place but her place was featured in one of the past isse Home & Decor mag. Basically, she had all the money to do up the place and oso her job. She worked in SPH as associate creative director for one of the high fashion mag.

But i do like some of her ideas on her old place.

Now her new place is a old skool look....more retro style.

Juz a share, maybe u might like the idea (btw, she stay on e top floor too and as a onli unit on the top, she do a wrought garden gate on the stairway leading to her unit and put a nice chandelier on the stairway...private and nice personal touch)

http://www.homeanddecor.com.sg/homes/creat...aces?page=0%2C0

p/s: she oso a kartell's fan

Edited by Pomme

hi MohGuan,

i oso love those pre-war houses @tiong bahru but the cov is realli killing. Plus no lift so we scrapped the idea of getting one there.

However, someone i know thru few of my mutual frens stay there but she had bought a 3-rm landed hdb near balestier so currently her 3yrs old (she stayed there onli 3 yrs) tiong bahru flat has been rented out instead.

To be honest, i have not been to her place but her place was featured in one of the past isse Home & Decor mag. Basically, she had all the money to do up the place and oso her job. She worked in SPH as associate creative director for one of the high fashion mag.

But i do like some of her ideas on her old place.

Now her new place is a old skool look....more retro style.

Juz a share, maybe u might like the idea (btw, she stay on e top floor too and as a onli unit on the top, she do a wrought garden gate on the stairway leading to her unit and put a nice chandelier on the stairway...private and nice personal touch)

http://www.homeanddecor.com.sg/homes/creat...aces?page=0%2C0

p/s: she oso a kartell's fan

Hi Pomme

tHanks for sharing. Your frd's house is really nice. :)

Did some minor hacking today.

The time, date and area to begin the hacking were advised by my fengshui master. Did some minor hacking as my contractor has yet to apply for hacking permit.

383539297.jpg

Small portion of the ceiling board at the living room was removed. This is how it looks like:

383539298.jpg

Now I know I can increase the height of my ceiling. Current height is only 2.5m which I find it too low. I'm now contemplating whether I should have a ceiling board that is of a height 3.2 to 3.5 or have a ceiling board that follow the 'slope' of the existing ceiling.

My contractor has advised me to keep the ceiling height to not more than 3.2 as I will have problem cooling the whole place with even a 24K BTU. :(

The following are the 3-D designs that I have in mind for my house.

Sorry for the poor artiste's impression as I did all these myself using Google Sketchup.

LIVING ROOM

- I personally dont like things that are common. So I decided to create a wall that has the raw look of the light-weight blocks and a red feature wall with white lines running across. Does anyone know how to light up the white lines? I'm thinking of putting in fluorescent lights but have no idea if that can be done.

383120945.jpg

383120942.jpg

What about rope LED lights?

What about rope LED lights?

I dont quite like the effect of LED lights as u will see a lot dot dot dot. if u know what I mean. But anyway I will explore with my contractor to see what is best.

Thanks for sharing. :)

Just want to seek some comments here.

Not too sure if this is going to be a nice design, but I believe it is something that is bold and unusal.

The feature wall will come with strips of white lines, which will be recessed and come with cove-lighting. But my worry is it may not turn out to be as nice as what is shown in the dwg below.

Option A

383596521.jpg

Option B (designed by my archi frd)

383599158.jpg

Edited by MohGuan

yours must be those nice art deco building with open staircase right? I was hoping to get those, but then there were no one selling when I was looking for a house in Aug.

how big is ur place? 3-room?

I don't believe in getting ID to design my house. Went to one and total sum quoted by the ID firm was about $50K. Now I'm spending about $25K, which is like half the price. So you may just want to deisng the house yourself if you are on a tight budget. Otherwise you may just engage an ID to design the house for you as it will free up a lot of headache for u.

yup it's nice to have the open staircase, but everytime i think of the climb (it's on the 4th flr), i a bit scared...

next time when i move in, must plan my grocery purchases... if not i may need your help! haha...

my place is 88sqm. quite substantial for a 3rm i feel. b4 i bought this place, was looking at other areas. some 3rm flats can be really small, abt 65sqm only! but of cos the price is cheaper also lar...

i had previously wanted to just find a contractor n not an ID. but becos i will be very busy during the reno period, so no choice. hopefully can find a reliable one. but 50k n 25k really very big difference le... mayb i shd really consider delaying my reno till later... u think it's a gd idea to leave my hse empty for 3mths then start reno when i can finally take my leave?

hmmmm.... :unsure:

yup it's nice to have the open staircase, but everytime i think of the climb (it's on the 4th flr), i a bit scared...

next time when i move in, must plan my grocery purchases... if not i may need your help! haha...

my place is 88sqm. quite substantial for a 3rm i feel. b4 i bought this place, was looking at other areas. some 3rm flats can be really small, abt 65sqm only! but of cos the price is cheaper also lar...

i had previously wanted to just find a contractor n not an ID. but becos i will be very busy during the reno period, so no choice. hopefully can find a reliable one. but 50k n 25k really very big difference le... mayb i shd really consider delaying my reno till later... u think it's a gd idea to leave my hse empty for 3mths then start reno when i can finally take my leave?

hmmmm.... :unsure:

I guess you have paid quite a big sum for ur flat.

If you can afford, I suggest you may want to leave it to the ID. It is really tiring to plan, design and coordinate the reno works. purchasing of furniture & fitting alone can already be a big headache. Till now I only purchased a washing machine and fridge; the rest of the items have yet to purchase. Sigh.... no money is like that one. :(

Have been rather busy the last few days, as I need to finalise the scope of works before the reno works go into full swing.

Still contemplating if I should be using epoxy paint for the entire flooring, or should I just use the epoxy paint at the hall & verandar. My contractor has shown me some samples of epoxy paint in high gloss finish, but then they are not durable and scratch resistant. I can easily scratch the surface of the sample board with a key. Durable epoxy flooring so be very hardwearing and abrasion resistant. Anyone out there has ever used epoxy paint for the flooring?

This is the type of flooring that I hope to achieve for my house.

http://www.flowcrete.com.my/images/product...ads/file146.pdf

I think I will just go for these tiles for my toilet.

one wall where the mirror and the rain shower are will be cladded with black/white/grey mosaics and the rest of the walls will be in black glossy tiles.

383819480.jpg

Hope I make the right choice.

Edited by MohGuan

Went to IT show today and bought a 42-inch Philips LCD TV at $999. Original price was close to $2K. Read from some forums that Philips TVs are not so good, but then I couldn't find a design that is as sleek as Philips.

I hope it is good buy.

384107431.jpg