Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
MohGuan

Post War Sit 3-rm Flat At Moh Guan Terrace

Met with the boss this afternoon to go thru' the defects. On the spot he quickly made a few phone calls and activated a few groups of his sub-contractor to work on the plastering, the painting and the false ceiling. Very efficient. So I left the place knowing that things will be in good hands.

But then another nightmare began when I went back this evening. The #$#@@ plumber put my sink at one corner. I already told the site coordinator many times that the sink has to be in the middle of the ledge. I believe the site coordinator did hihglight this to his sub-con- the plumber, but that the plumber did not follow instruction as the discharge pipe that he did is not in the middle of the ledge.

Good thing is that I was there this evening to spot the mistake and lifted up the sink and realised that the plumber has sealed the base of the sink with cement. Just imagine if I go down tomo morning, the cement would have dried up and we will have problem moving the sink.

Not only that, the plumber really has cocked eye or what lar. the shower head is not aligned again.

So again, called up the boss and site coordinator and gave them a piece of my mind.

It is almost two months and my reno still have yet to be completed. Sigh...

387327587.jpg

387327584.jpg

387327593.jpg

387327592.jpg

387327583.jpg

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
387327587.jpg

387327584.jpg

387327593.jpg

387327592.jpg

387327583.jpg

Nice sink!

I think most of these workers too busy to remember details. When they forget, they simply think where he think is suitable and possible.

Nice. Look like the OXO one. Hee.

No money to buy OXO. Bought all my fittings from one of the shops at Sims Ave. Dunno what brand. Hope my fittings willl last a few years.

They have finally fixed up the sink.

387419803.jpg

The brick wall is done. So nice. :)

387419802.jpg

387419801.jpg

How much is the cover charge? Got football night? Or got Ladies Night? Or mambo?

How much is the cover charge? Got football night? Or got Ladies Night? Or mambo?

The theme of the nite depends on my mood. hahaha....

386777799.jpg

Check with you ah, did u buy the RGB controller for the strips and what is the length of strips bought? I am thinking of putting led strips along my MBR window on the beam side(got a beam there to cover the curtain tracks) as there is like 5+meters of L shape windows. I wonder will it work?

I like your white washed wall, look so cool!

Check with you ah, did u buy the RGB controller for the strips and what is the length of strips bought? I am thinking of putting led strips along my MBR window on the beam side(got a beam there to cover the curtain tracks) as there is like 5+meters of L shape windows. I wonder will it work?

I like your white washed wall, look so cool!

The strips comes with the controller. I bought a 5m strips for a 4m cove lighting.

I think should work, but then make sure there is space between the curtain and the LED light. the last thing u want is to keep fixing the LED light each time when you open and close your curtains.

No money to buy OXO. Bought all my fittings from one of the shops at Sims Ave. Dunno what brand. Hope my fittings willl last a few years.

Okie. I saw one that cost more than $10k from OXO! I can only buy their containers lor. Lol.

Engaged FloorOption for the laminated flooring for the two bedrooms. Only one guy was there to carry out the work and he finished within a few hours. Quite efficient. Happy with the result.

387491842.jpg

387491843.jpg

Another group of workers, who will be working on the epoxy flooring at the living room and yard, have delivered all the chemical to my place. They will be pouring a layer of moisture absorbing membrane today for it to dry for the next two days before pouring the epoxy on top. Understand from them that the moisture level of my newly screeded flooring is high and if I were to go ahead with epoxy, there will be blistering/bubbling on the flooring after a while. As such they suggested to lay another layer of membrane to prevent the moisture for spoiling the epoxy flooring.

I hope my epoxy flooring will turn out to be as nice as the pic below.

387491844.jpg

387492264.jpg

Nice flooring !

I wonder how many sub-contractors actually measure the moisture content of the floor. It is always part of BCA's good standard practice. Maybe it is the same as asking, how many workers actually use a pipe/metal detector before they start drilling things into the wall.

Another group of workers, who will be working on the epoxy flooring at the living room and yard, have delivered all the chemical to my place. They will be pouring a layer of moisture absorbing membrane today for it to dry for the next two days before pouring the epoxy on top. Understand from them that the moisture level of my newly screeded flooring is high and if I were to go ahead with epoxy, there will be blistering/bubbling on the flooring after a while. As such they suggested to lay another layer of membrane to prevent the moisture for spoiling the epoxy flooring.

Engaged FloorOption for the laminated flooring for the two bedrooms. Only one guy was there to carry out the work and he finished within a few hours. Quite efficient. Happy with the result.

387491842.jpg

387491843.jpg

I hope my epoxy flooring will turn out to be as nice as the pic below.

387491844.jpg

387492264.jpg

Moh Guan, can pm and let me know how much u are paying for ur epoxy painting for the flooring? Thanks.

Finally my Toto wall-hung WC is up. But the flushing system still not installed yet. :(

387600002.jpg

A close-up pic of the tap which I guess it goes well with the standing sink.

387599996.jpg

My shower head looks cool right? :P

387600001.jpg

Never buy things on impulse. See the mirror is too small for my bathroom. Need to customise one. Anyone know where I can customise mirror with backlighting?

387599992.jpg

Edited by MohGuan

Moh Guan, can pm and let me know how much u are paying for ur epoxy painting for the flooring? Thanks.

Will provide you with costing the next few days. Will have to go dig out the quotations.