Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
MohGuan

Post War Sit 3-rm Flat At Moh Guan Terrace

The epoxy flooring workers have completed the water proofing membrane. Tomo they are going to lay the epoxy. So excited. Hope I can post some pics on Wed or Thurs.

387599997.jpg

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

:) what colour is the flooring? nice transformation!

now that the wc and basin is done up so nicely...have to check frequently that workers dun throw rubbish/sand inside...later will choke.

:) what colour is the flooring? nice transformation!

now that the wc and basin is done up so nicely...have to check frequently that workers dun throw rubbish/sand inside...later will choke.

the epoxy flooring will be pure white colour. Will take some pics if I happen to drop by tomo.

Very upset over the epoxy flooring. Lots of holes on the flooring, which they need to re-do.

The flooring guy told me it could due to the room temperature being too hot and that is why the epoxy is not able to level itself properly. I told him that his sales person should have told me that before installing the epoxy and that I'm not happy with all the wrong info that he gave me.

Initially the sales person told me that I could apply a UV sealer to protect the whiteness of the flooring and that the UV sealer is so thin that you will not see much of a difference. But then after I confirmed to proceed with the white epoxy, he then told me that his boss advised me not to apply the UV sealer as that finishes will not be smooth and glossy as you will see brush lines. And when I asked if I could change the white epoxy to another colour, he said he was not able to do so as he has to indent again which will take another 3 weeks. He even told me not too worry as the white will not turn yellowish that fast as it is indoor. You know what? The site manager I met today told me that it will be very soon that I will see patches of yellow on the flooring as it is white. I was so pissed and told him that again his sales colleague has given me the wrong info.

Luckily the site manager was friendly and said he would help me to settle it and will provide me with a sample board with UV sealer before he proceed to re-do the entire epoxy flooring. He said he would not charge me for the UV sealer.

Becos of this delay, I don't think there is any way I can move in by first week of June and spend my birthday in my new hse. :curse:

387731547.jpg

387731540.jpg

387731537.jpg

Unfortunately I just read your blog, would have advised you against epoxy flooring. Used to have this flooring in my shop - very high maintenance.. Even sneakers leave marks if you brushed too hard. Having done that, just make sure all your furnitures have protection at the base and even then DONT drag , it will leave an indentation. You cant avoid the 'bubbles', our contractor did a few times and only managed to minimise but could not give 100% smooth finish - its our humidity I believe.

Having said all that, it is a beautiful floor, never failed to impress customers walking into the shop - more often than not they notice the floor first before the displays :) Enjoy .. Love the transformation of your place.. cheers

Very upset over the epoxy flooring. Lots of holes on the flooring, which they need to re-do.

The flooring guy told me it could due to the room temperature being too hot and that is why the epoxy is not able to level itself properly. I told him that his sales person should have told me that before installing the epoxy and that I'm not happy with all the wrong info that he gave me.

Initially the sales person told me that I could apply a UV sealer to protect the whiteness of the flooring and that the UV sealer is so thin that you will not see much of a difference. But then after I confirmed to proceed with the white epoxy, he then told me that his boss advised me not to apply the UV sealer as that finishes will not be smooth and glossy as you will see brush lines. And when I asked if I could change the white epoxy to another colour, he said he was not able to do so as he has to indent again which will take another 3 weeks. He even told me not too worry as the white will not turn yellowish that fast as it is indoor. You know what? The site manager I met today told me that it will be very soon that I will see patches of yellow on the flooring as it is white. I was so pissed and told him that again his sales colleague has given me the wrong info.

Luckily the site manager was friendly and said he would help me to settle it and will provide me with a sample board with UV sealer before he proceed to re-do the entire epoxy flooring. He said he would not charge me for the UV sealer.

Becos of this delay, I don't think there is any way I can move in by first week of June and spend my birthday in my new hse. :curse:

387731547.jpg

387731540.jpg

387731537.jpg

Unfortunately I just read your blog, would have advised you against epoxy flooring. Used to have this flooring in my shop - very high maintenance.. Even sneakers leave marks if you brushed too hard. Having done that, just make sure all your furnitures have protection at the base and even then DONT drag , it will leave an indentation. You cant avoid the 'bubbles', our contractor did a few times and only managed to minimise but could not give 100% smooth finish - its our humidity I believe.

Having said all that, it is a beautiful floor, never failed to impress customers walking into the shop - more often than not they notice the floor first before the displays :) Enjoy .. Love the transformation of your place.. cheers

When I was at my ID's place, I tried to scratch his black glitter epoxy flooring with metal objects and other stuffs but the flooring looks fine though. Maybe it is the color.

Took this video today.

:) nice! i like the feel...i wonder if the original condition is tiled, will the grout lines show? :)

white is very nice...it would be a pity if the colour does not last...

Thanks.

I'm aware of this, and checked on a few companies for a more scratch resistant epoxy flooring. The one that I chose is slightly more resistant to scratch, but then I still have to be careful not to drag anything on the floor. Epoxy produced by some companies are of lousy grade, I can even scratch it with my fingers.

When I was at my ID's place, I tried to scratch his black glitter epoxy flooring with metal objects and other stuffs but the flooring looks fine though. Maybe it is the color.

Some epoxy is quite scratch resistant, but that doesn't mean there will be no scratches.

:) nice! i like the feel...i wonder if the original condition is tiled, will the grout lines show? :)

white is very nice...it would be a pity if the colour does not last...

I've thought of using high gloss white tiles, but I don't like to have the grout lines. That's why I go for epoxy to achieve the seamless look for the flooring.

Edited by MohGuan

My painter re-paint the whole wall in the living room as wrong colour was used. For fengshui reason, I asked for a bright red color. Was worried that it would be very chee na, but surprisingly it turned out very nice. Red goes well with white and black colours.

387818630.jpg

387818629.jpg

My door vendor came this morning to install all the doors. Didn't really like the door handle for the bedroom but can't be bothered to go look for a nicer one. Specially bought a pair of stainless steel handles for the main door. Will take a few more pics of my main door after I install my digital lockset.

387818628.jpg

387819023.jpg