Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
MohGuan

Post War Sit 3-rm Flat At Moh Guan Terrace

I've been reading a lot on other people's reno experience thru' this forum. Guess it is time for me to share with others my design & reno plans for my new house.

Appended below are the original and new layout of my house.

ORIGINAL LAYOUT

383118570.jpg

NEW LAYOUT

383119241.jpg

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hey MohGuan,

Welcome to Renotalk! I just love those post-war SIT flats and pre-war apartments in tiong bahru. I used to stay in tiong bahru when I was young. I'm just a bit curious. Is yours on the ground floor? :)

Cheers!

sunset way

The following are the 3-D designs that I have in mind for my house.

Sorry for the poor artiste's impression as I did all these myself using Google Sketchup.

LIVING ROOM

- I personally dont like things that are common. So I decided to create a wall that has the raw look of the light-weight blocks and a red feature wall with white lines running across. Does anyone know how to light up the white lines? I'm thinking of putting in fluorescent lights but have no idea if that can be done.

- About 8 to 10 suspended bulbs in the middle of the living room

- Ceiling will be painted dark grey or black.

383120945.jpg

383120942.jpg

A wall that showcases my favorite pictures taken by me.

383120958.jpg

TOILET

-With white mosiac throughout. Anyone know where I can get such mosaic?

383120950.jpg

MBR

- Simple design with raw wall as the backdrop and some suspended lamps at the side.

383120955.jpg

Edited by MohGuan

COSY CORNER & LAUNDRY AREA

- Laundry area will also be my store-room. There will be a sliding door to seal off this area.

- Still looking around for a nice chair for my cosy corner.

383121716.jpg

COSY CORNER & LAUNDRY AREA

- Laundry area will also be my store-room. There will be a sliding door to seal off this area.

- Still looking around for a nice chair for my cosy corner.

383121716.jpg

nice designs :) guess u're hiring a contractor instead since u alr have ur own designs?

maybe you can consider bubble chair / egg chair / ball chair for the cosy corner.

looks very... fun :D

have you considered the cabling for the bulbs or will you have false ceiling to cover up the cables?

Hey MohGuan,

Welcome to Renotalk! I just love those post-war SIT flats and pre-war apartments in tiong bahru. I used to stay in tiong bahru when I was young. I'm just a bit curious. Is yours on the ground floor? :)

Cheers!

sunset way

Nope. Mine is on the top floor. Was thinking of increasing the height of the ceiling but then I'm concerned over the maintenance and also the money spent on a bigger capacity of aircon to cool the living area.

nice designs :) guess u're hiring a contractor instead since u alr have ur own designs?

maybe you can consider bubble chair / egg chair / ball chair for the cosy corner.

Yes, I'll just be getting a contractor.I like bubble chair and egg chair but ex leh. Will see how first. If have money left, then maybe will get a nice chair for the cosy corner.

Congrates on ur new home! I'm sure ur place will look great with all those lovely ideas you have. :D

Thanks.

looks very... fun :D

have you considered the cabling for the bulbs or will you have false ceiling to cover up the cables?

Most probably the cabling will go above the false ceiling. I dont want cabling to be looping around as it will look a bit messy.

u gotta check if there are any big pipes along the wall,if there is,then u cant knock down the wall!

Last time i nearly bot the upper boon keng 3 room flat whereby they have seperate WC and Shower room and

I know that i cant knock it down due to the pipe!

So i didnt buy that Unit,and the toilet ceiling is quite low too...

I bought this unit cos the pipes are running from behind the wall instead of thru' the wall in the middle. So should not be an issue to hack. :D