Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Umaisarah

Natural Living

I like Michael Smith too, drooling at his walk in pantry lor... whoa...

but sometimes, his recipes just doesn't kick off that inspiration leh... and his son don't like the food he prepared half the time.. kekeke.. so i guess not kid friendly la.

anna olson's recipes are so wholesome, i love what she prepared on her shows, but then i find that she got problem describing her food leh...

another one i like is Laura Calder. she's quite cute la... and then the low cuts she wears sometimes can see free show.. wahah!

my favourite is still jaime...

hey, i guess all of us here subscribed to AFC?

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
speaking bout cooking shows, i personally loveeeee watching Iron Chef. Its interesting how they can whip up so many dishes using the same ingredients. For me when I cook, if its something new, i like to go online to search those recipe databases and use theirs, cos other users also comment on how they make small changes to the dish. Succeeded so far with a few I've tried, such as cream of mushroom, thai vermicelli with crab in claypot etc. :D

now i'm tempted to buy those burn torches to make creme brulee!

love the chefs on Iron Chef too! So inspiring!! But the host very wayang hor?

creme brulee!! My favourite!

but sometimes, his recipes just doesn't kick off that inspiration leh... and his son don't like the food he prepared half the time.. kekeke.. so i guess not kid friendly la.

anna olson's recipes are so wholesome, i love what she prepared on her shows, but then i find that she got problem describing her food leh...

another one i like is Laura Calder. she's quite cute la... and then the low cuts she wears sometimes can see free show.. wahah!

I'm not. I caught some of the shows thru online streaming, esp Gordon Ramsey :)

Am thinking whether shd I subscribe to AFC since I am not at home half the time.

love the chefs on Iron Chef too! So inspiring!! But the host very wayang hor?

yep! my parents subscribe to it, but i dun get the chance to watch cos the TV is always occupied. seems like i need to get up to speed on all these chefs you all are mentioning. i'm planning to make full use of my kitchen when the house is ready! i have this Morton's Steak Bible, so there's already a group looking forward to steak dinner!

yes yes, the host very wayang, esp the part where he just picks up a bell pepper (i think) and munches on it! Can eat raw one arh?

Edited by pinktini

Laura Calder - is the one who does French Cooking at Home? I dun like her, leh... maybe cuz I find the way she talks very funny...do you notice when she talks, she grits her teeth?

AFC got some nice shows, and some duds. I actually like Chopped, but keep seeing reruns. Dun think they have new shows.

I want to like Restaurant Makeovers but tt Russian or East European guy who does the hacking and renovation just puts me off cuz he's such a famewhore, yucks.

I watch Chef At Home just to look at his kitchen, and pantry, heh heh

Yep, my fave is still Jamie, his new show is done at his own home, and its just so inspirational to watch him cook produce from his own garden. and his recipes are so simple to follow, not sure if its tasty though, I always find it amusing to watch these Chefs go 'oooh, delicious' when they taste their own food, like what Jamie does :D

Back to the gardening topic, how do I ask the administrators to pin a topic on posting balcony garden pictures on RT? Or can I start the thread myself? Not that I hv any garden pics to share :D

doing online research on balcony gardening right now and found this good article which appeared in ST abt 2 years back.

Balcony Garden

Laura Calder - is the one who does French Cooking at Home? I dun like her, leh... maybe cuz I find the way she talks very funny...do you notice when she talks, she grits her teeth?

AFC got some nice shows, and some duds. I actually like Chopped, but keep seeing reruns. Dun think they have new shows.

I want to like Restaurant Makeovers but tt Russian or East European guy who does the hacking and renovation just puts me off cuz he's such a famewhore, yucks.

Yep, my fave is still Jamie, his new show is done at his own home, and its just so inspirational to watch him cook produce from his own garden. and his recipes are so simple to follow, not sure if its tasty though, I always find it amusing to watch these Chefs go 'oooh, delicious' when they taste their own food, like what Jamie does :D

I have not seen most except jamie and gordon....maybe shd go searching thru the net soon....but reno keeping me aways from my streaming...so tired everyday after work and most time is looking thru reno stuff n of course RENOTALK! wahaha...'

I wan to try out my panasonic microwave's grill. c if it can produce something good as compared to built in ones.

I have not seen most except jamie and gordon....maybe shd go searching thru the net soon....but reno keeping me aways from my streaming...so tired everyday after work and most time is looking thru reno stuff n of course RENOTALK! wahaha...'

I wan to try out my panasonic microwave's grill. c if it can produce something good as compared to built in ones.

The National microwave that's been in my family for 10 years? It's a multi-function so it can bake, grill, and roast too.

And the result is as good, if not better than those built-in ones.

In fact, my helper prefer to use the microwave rather than the built-in back at my old place.

I'm not. I caught some of the shows thru online streaming, esp Gordon Ramsey :)

Am thinking whether shd I subscribe to AFC since I am not at home half the time.

we subscribed anyway, cos it's like a premium channels for those Discovery channels, top up a bit only la..but no regrets. now the only two channels I watch are AFC and Discover Home & Health... Just watched "I didn't know I was pregnant" last night on DH&H. Mostly baby shows on this channel but as a mother, naturally drawn to such channels leh

yep! my parents subscribe to it, but i dun get the chance to watch cos the TV is always occupied. seems like i need to get up to speed on all these chefs you all are mentioning. i'm planning to make full use of my kitchen when the house is ready! i have this Morton's Steak Bible, so there's already a group looking forward to steak dinner!

yes yes, the host very wayang, esp the part where he just picks up a bell pepper (i think) and munches on it! Can eat raw one arh?

oh yeah, you should! watch jaime especially, cos his recipes are easy leh.. that time my hubby prepared roast chicken based on his memory from watching jaime and it was really delicious!!

aiyo, everytime i see that host bite that bell pepper and smile after that, i just cringe inside me lor... buay tahan... bell pepper can eat raw, but i only eat them julienned and in my salads. bite like apple, no yet leh.

When I first saw Laura on the show shots, i can't stand her too la.. but then i really find her cute.. cos she always seem so chirpy.

Oh yeah, I like Chopped too. Get to see guys catty side leh. And really pity those who didn't know what to do in the kitchen.

We tried a couple of Jaime's recipes and seriously, they are good! that kinda changed my whole perspective on food and now, I just LURRVVE wholesome foods prepared with fresh ingredients. can't wait to have my house done man, i miss cooking!!

i watched ****'s kitchen for the first time last night. before that, I only watched the Kitchen's Nightmare. I just feel he's the nastiest person alive. bleh...

hehe.. that's why you should sub to AFC! Can watch tv and then surf at the same time.. kekeke.

Oops, think we digressed way out of topic here. Sorry Umaisarah... we should create a cooking thread huh.

The National microwave that's been in my family for 10 years? It's a multi-function so it can bake, grill, and roast too.

And the result is as good, if not better than those built-in ones.

In fact, my helper prefer to use the microwave rather than the built-in back at my old place.

microwave can grill and roast? won't it be dry? i didn't try using microwave to cook before... just bought a conventional oven yesterday leh. and really thinking hard if i need a steamer. cos it cost 3 to 5 times more than my conventional oven leh... i want and want, but don't know what it does.... wahahah.

microwave can grill and roast? won't it be dry? i didn't try using microwave to cook before... just bought a conventional oven yesterday leh. and really thinking hard if i need a steamer. cos it cost 3 to 5 times more than my conventional oven leh... i want and want, but don't know what it does.... wahahah.

i bought the panasonic one which has microwave, grill, steam all in one, only one missing is convention. i dun hv a big place so an all in one suits me better than each specific function oven.

suppose to be ok, not dry. but not tried yet, am itching to try once i get my kitchen up and going.

oohh....u making me gian to take up that channel, hubby sure going to kill me. probably make my decision when i have my HO from contractor. now head all filled with reno stuff and also no place to do up the food. my MIL dun hv any oven, only oven is a oven toaster....

It's a multi-function so when it's grill, roast and bake, it doesn't use micro waves, but the conventional heating element.

If you like steamed food and going for healthy lifestyle, then worth it to get lah. But if you only do the occasional steaming, then mbe can get those cheap ones. But maybe the one you eyeing is multi-function also? Usually these expensive ovens come with free lessons and cookbook, shd take advantage of them.

Some random tots to share;

The slit window at the kitchen is good but yr hubby cannot ambush u anymore.

Is this a new condo? I see lots of bay windows, which 'new' developers like to use to 'eat' up space.

U got nice, unblock, permanet view over looking the pvt housing + occasional free show from that man bathing.

Hi Matrix! Sorry totally missed your post. Mine is a fairly new-ish condo. TOPed in Sep I think.

Yah, the bedrooms all have bay windows which is what we like also, even tho it takes up space :)

That's the trend nowadays, that or floor-to-ceiling windows. Even HDB has jumped on the bandwagon. All the DBSS flats sold by pte developers have same design, at least the ones we saw for The Peak and the one in Bishan has bay windows and balconies too.

It's a multi-function so when it's grill, roast and bake, it doesn't use micro waves, but the conventional heating element.

If you like steamed food and going for healthy lifestyle, then worth it to get lah. But if you only do the occasional steaming, then mbe can get those cheap ones. But maybe the one you eyeing is multi-function also? Usually these expensive ovens come with free lessons and cookbook, shd take advantage of them.

i don't do a lot of steaming la.. more grill, roast and bake... my MIL is the one using a lot of steaming, but i guess old folks still prepare the traditional steam over fire lor... i guess steam oven is a nice oven to have, probably won't use a lot.. even my simple microwave oven give by my nice GP also use once in a month nia... okay... then i'll stop drooling over the steam oven la..

Wah, so fast so many threads.... I find AFC very calming on the mind and very relaxing after a hard's day work. I only like certain of the cooking shows though. These are some i like:

1) Chuck's day off!

2) Nigella

3) Jamie (he is so cute in a boyish way)

4) Chef at home (yeah I wan his pantry and my hubby said DREAM ON .. :bleah: )

5) Resturant make over (igor has his charms lah.)

6) Anna Olsen (but her preparation very complicated)

Anyway usually we we go to the afc web site for the receipes. Sammie u dun have the afc channel can go to the web site to check out.

I can leave without microwave. I steam with my wok or steamer and grill with my toaster (incl sambal penkang sting ray type of food). My micro wave is for heating up which the steamer can also do a pretty good job at it. I am not into baking cakes cookies and such, as i like to improvise and measurements kills my enjoyment for cooking. :P