Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
TimWong

Air-con Group Buy

Hi Aron,

I've a new 4 bedroom yet to be renov, still looking around at diff brand

Am thinking whether to get a 3 sys (inverter for room) + 1 sys (inverter for living rm) or a 4 sys is good enough?

Pls do advise me and PM me if there's any promotion.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Hi all, I am back from my leave. Please feel free to make enquiry if any.

Thank you.

hi Aron,can u give me more price range even for non-inverter for system 3 that includes installation,brackets,piping,gst.please email me @ kamil@tokyo.com.Thanks.

Dear all bros/sis

I have been looking around to get a new air-con & finally manage to secure a group buys' price. To my understanding, their price is much lower than the market price. However, they will only offer to us unless I am able to gather at least 10 person to buy.

Anybody who are keen, please pm me your name, e-mail address, contact no., address & your favourite air-con brand/model & they will prepare a special quotation to you.

Hope I am able to gather enough kakis for the good price.

I think this is the 3rd time that I am writing to discuss my grouses with the LG Aircon and your authorised vendor. So far I did not receive any response to my emails

I have an LG Multy Split aircon with compressor model A3UQ186FA1 and 3 fan coils. I purchased this during the Homemakers exhibition at Singapore Expo in March 2010. The vendor was Albest Aircon.

In late Jun 2010, the unit was installed in my new home by Albest and the installer was one guy named Ah-Sing driving the Albest Van No.001. That was less than 8 months ago.

Since then, the air-con had malfunctioned 4 times.

The first time the reason was that there was some problem with the thyristor unit in the fan coil. The technician sent by LG to check on the problem, told me that he has seen many units with the same problem. He said that the wire used in the thyristor was too thin therefore it is a design error. As he stated, LG was advised of this but there has not been a change in the design. The technician proceeded to change all the wires in my 3 fan coils. There had been another break down on a friday night in Sept 2010. That time I called the LG service call center on Saturday morning and was told to wait for another call to confirm the date that the technician can visit. In the afternoon on Saturday I was advised by a lady from the service call centre that a technician will visit my place at 10 am on the following monday. On Monday I took half day leave thinking that the technicain will come as promised. When no one came in the morning, I called the LG service call centre again to find out about the problem. I was told that no appointment with a technician was arranged to visit my place on Monday. I was furious when I heard that and told the service centre staff that I dont appreciate being made a fool of. A few minutes later I receive a call from the same lady saying that a technicain will be available to visit my place at 2 pm.

The most recent malfunction was in early Jan 2011. The technician attending the service explained that there is no power connection between the compressor and one of the fan coil. Thus he was unable to carry out any repair as it would have been an installation error and not a problem that he should attend to as his company did not install the system in my house. He said that he will submit a report to LG and leave LG to contact the installer. Two days after that, the same installer from Albest, Ah Sing, attended at my place. He managed to solve the problem with the power connectivity of the faulty fan coil but then another fan coil could not be turned on. He found that the power connectivity for the fan coil cannot be established once the unit is closed, it was OK when the fan coil unit is left opened. He could not figure out what was the problem, he made a phone call to some one after that. After removing most of the casing for the wires, he found a problem with a part of the existing wires installed. That part was cut off and joined with a new short length of wire. After the casing was opened, I noticed that most of the wires installed are old. This could be the reason why they are faulty. There is also a problem with us having to move our cupboards and bed when the technician need to look at the fan coil, compressor or trunking.

The technician, Ah Sing, mentioned that there is some problem with the connectivity of that fan coil and it would have to be reported to LG. For the time being the fan coil with the wires joined in between can work. he explained that he will report this issue to his management and hopefully a joint visit by Albest and LG can be conducted to see to the problem. A few days later one Mr Jack from Albest called me to explain that he was the one that Ah-Sing called during the problem faced at my place a few days earlier. He advised that Ah Sing will be contacting me if he is free to see if there is a possibility that all the wiring for my unit can be changed with new wires to remove the joined parts. That was in Jan 2011. I did not receive any more calls till today. On Saturday, another fan coil malfunctioned. I made a call to LG yesterday but was told that all service technicians are not available on Sunday. The LG personnel I spoke to introduced himself as Sam. he said that he will arrange a service appointment for me on Monday. I was hoping that this would have been done 1st thing on Monday but I have yet to receive any call up to now.

With the various experience I have with LG Service Call centre staff as well as your authorised vendor so far, I am terribly disheartened with the LG brand name. I used to own LG fridge which broke down once and have since changed to a Hitachi fridge now. I am still using an LG washing machine which is very noisy. I have loss all trust on the name LG now and I will not recommend anyone to buy any LG product if I am approached.

I hope these problems can be ironed out on your part. Up to now, my aircon unit is still under the 1 year warranty therefore I am not charged for all the service attendance. Thinking of the future, I am not sure how many times in a year will the unit break down and what will be the cost to me once the 1 year guarantee expires.

All Renotalk members, if you are buying an air con system for your home, take note of my experience. Avoid LG or any brand to be installed by Albest Aircon. After sending several emails to LG service centre, I have yet to receive any response.

hi Aron,can quote me prices for inverter and non-inverter for system 2 that includes installation,brackets,piping,gst.please email me williamtan1977@yahoo.com.sg. ( Prefer brand will be MHI and MIT ) Thanks.

Hi Aron, can you PM me your contact number at jan_leck@hotmail.com please?

Am looking at getting a System 3 non-inverter. Brands would be Sanyo, Panasonic and Mitsubishi..

Would be good if you could include the quotations for the models based on the brands above in your email reply to me please.. I will call you thereafter to discuss further..

Thanks!!

Hi,

Looking to install the following aircon

MXY-4A28VA-01 28,000BTU OUTDOOR UNIT (QTY-1)

MSY-GE-10VA 9000BTU (QTY-4)

Use half-inch installation *4 with 1 stainless steel bracket

May i know how much does it costs?

The sizes of my rm are as follows:-

3.6m*4.9m

3m*4.9m

5.3m*3m

3.25m*4.5m

Will 9000btu be sufficient to cool room of those sizes?

The BTU of the compressor is 28000BTU, so does that mean that i cannot on all the 4 aircons all at the same time?

Please advise

Thank You in advance!

Hi Aron,

Looking to install the following aircon

Mitsubishi Starmex Inverter System 4

Please advise should i go for 3+1 or just normal ....

as i need 3 in the room 1 in the living room ... Seldom on 4 at one time .... so which u advise ???

Pls email me at tianru0@hotmail.com

Thank You in advance!

Hi Aron,

I am looking for Mitsubishi Inverter System 3 for my 3 Bedrooms.

I am not sure what models are out there.

Need your expertise to advise me.

Also, what kind of insulation for pipe and the piping diameter during installation?

Can email me at zacksg73@gmail.com

thanks