Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
graceakaclouds

Our First Home :)

oic...then i tik it shd be fine lah....anyway i quite loh soh....ask Edmund numerous times....eh u sure put there no issue ar....sure ar....sure ar....he must be wondering, hw come i jin auntie? :P:P

btw, OT abit....saw tis pic of a master bedroom pic....gosh, if my mbr is like tat, i won't ever step into banyan tree liao.....hiak hiak

btw fellow edmunders, how old are u ar? have any kid liao?

i am in my mid 30s liao and got a 10mth old son...

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

hehehe...joseeng, u abit random....suddenly ask i see liao also blurz...hehehe

For me, i'm in late 20s liao n no kids...just got married last sept :)

btw fellow edmunders, how old are u ar? have any kid liao?

i am in my mid 30s liao and got a 10mth old son...

supposed to start doing the electrical and water pipes this week...nothing much to post on these bah, unless you wanna see electrical wires dangling here and there.... :D

Did Edmund charge u for the electrical points? Water pipes? What did you do?

for tv, am not so ambitious, a 40-42 will do.

if you have budget constraint and dunno wat to do with your bomb shelter, paint first then think abt it later lor

Edmund told us to get a 42" TV but we wanted to have a bigger TV at 46-47" TV for living room. Looking at the feature wall now, I think best to get 42" as the ratio will not be out. If get too big it looks strange unless I have a big big living room like Blue. :P

graceakaclouds: I'm going for a pretty simple bombshelter feature design with an altar. I hope it'll gel well with the overall design :)

My initial idea was doing panel curtains in front of the bombshelter + wall hung cabinets. Cost saving & versatile to DIY.

Tat was w/o the altar since it's standing elsewhere. But with a change of plan, I dun've much option than choosing over feature wall.

Ya grace, hope you dun mind us hijacking your blog st times :sport-smiley-004:

bluewater: sure bro, will take note of yr advice. So far, so good & I hope it'll be the way till completion.

Mass gaming orgy :jawdrop: omg! Is this a new term for hardcore gamers? hahah!

Em .. good idea I'm gonna add one more DON'Ts to my new nest "Gambling Orgy Prohibited" :furious:8|8|

Chipee, I didnt know that you are so against gambling and I still tot can chio chio u play casual mahjong leh...hehehhehe..but looks like you are out..... :P

hahahhaa....to add on to the 'orgy', i tik when our house is done, we r going to have constant wii orgy!!! n then can kick the PS3 and xbox orgy-ers away (like my hb)...hhahahaha

oh btw, anyone also doing their sink below their kitchen window too?? *cross my fingers*

Hey Grace, I have Wii at home too and waiting to fix up everything when I buy my TV for my living room....HB already fix up the HTS and sound system really good! No complaints on this liao....hehehheh

Sink below kitchen windows? Beside windows u mean?

Hi Grace, I'm not sure abt this cos I dun've window in the kitchen.

But I saw some units had got the sink below their window :rolleyes:

No window in the kitchen? Hey take some pics and show me your kitchen layout...v curious to know.... :rolleyes:

hehe dreaming mar...dreams noe no boundaries mah :P hehehe

sourcing for ideas for bedroom then saw tis...mouth literally gaped in awe...haiz bk to reality lah

Gals, pls come back to reality lah! If we have a place like this in Singapore, we dont have to worry designing but just pay $$$$$$$ n leave it to the designer and we just shake leg n go for manicure, mahjong, salon. Everything done then move in liao...hahhahahah...I believe just do it within our means and dont broke our piggy bank that much which resulted to slogging to death later....get what I mean? ;)

Of course, everyone of us likes to have our dream home but sometimes our piggy bank doesnt permit us ...maybe we will work harder now and try to save some $ n do it maybe 2-3 years down the road and we have another new theme to our home. hehhehehe.....

Just my 2cts comment. :D

Grace: If you need wall decal for your bomb shelter, PM me and I give you my friend contact which is quite reasonable. His quote includes material + application. I am still considering whether to have some wall decal on my glass swing door or just get Jason to do paste some frosted film.

hehehe...joseeng, u abit random....suddenly ask i see liao also blurz...hehehe

For me, i'm in late 20s liao n no kids...just got married last sept :)

cos you say you are like auntie mah, so i wonder how old you are lor... :P

congrats to your recent wedding...gong xi gong xi... :D

Edmund told us to get a 42" TV but we wanted to have a bigger TV at 46-47" TV for living room. Looking at the feature wall now, I think best to get 42" as the ratio will not be out. If get too big it looks strange unless I have a big big living room like Blue. :P

based on the distance between the sofa and tv, i think 42 should be sufficient.

Edited by joseeng

KSJL - yup, i meant sink right under the windows...i'm intending to put mine there....previously on MHT or phpp forum (i can't remember liao), got ppl say put under window got prob with piping or sth mah...just abit worried....

wah, shiok hor....u alrd put ur wii system liao ar....hahhahaa....wkend can play until siao liao....

eh, KSJL, u leh....u got kids? ur age? :P

hahahha....aiyah just dreaming abit mah....so bad....just burst my bubble like tat....come back to reality liao lah....hahhahaa....haiz, manicure, pedicure, play mj...i doubt i'll have tat kind of life lah....my life is macham to work de....if i dun work, i tik i stay at hm, will ki siao leh....then my hb will also ki siao cos of me....wahhahahaha....mai lah....i tik i jin workaholic man :P

joseeng - thks thks....though like only a few months back just got married, feels v much like married for **** long liao....hahhaha

chipee - eh, u meant no gambling orgy but din say, no gambling game rite? whahahahaa....tat means u can still play lah....

now ar, cracking head on the kind of theme, colours etc....more or less got ideas in the head but need to see it for real to visualise.....

seriously i tik ar, when my house is finally done up, i will confirm tik i'm floating in the air....just like when they say we got appt to book P&D, i also kena stoned for sometime....jialat rite?

to be honest ar, for me, tv n living room is not most impt de.....most impt to me, is a functional kitchen....i mean, not tat i can cook superbly well....i tik baking is more of my interest bah...so therefore, my focus all on kitchen.... :notti:

to be honest ar, for me, tv n living room is not most impt de.....most impt to me, is a functional kitchen....i mean, not tat i can cook superbly well....i tik baking is more of my interest bah...so therefore, my focus all on kitchen.... :notti:

ya, a functional kitchen is my wife's dream also. tat will also mean burning a hole in my pocket...but wat to do, wife's wish is my command....lol :P

hahahaha....eh, u tok like my hb also leh....tat day he was complaining on n on abt me focussing all 'energy' on kitchen....making it as functional as it can be just for myself....wahahhahaa....

but ar, must tik abt it....if it's functional, u men will have gd food mah....the way to the man's heart is thru his stomach mah :P

ya, a functional kitchen is my wife's dream also. tat will also mean burning a hole in my pocket...but wat to do, wife's wish is my command....lol :P

Did you ask Edmund to do yr kitchen cabinet? The normal L-shaped type of cabinet? Granite or solid top?

yup, definitely getting him to do my kitchen cabinet ;)

for the side nearer to the backyard, we put the L-shaped cabinet....n also, tall unit + built-in cabinet for my oven and microwave.....seriously i tik my L-shaped is **** mini liao loh....after the tall unit n built in cabinet....

as for the other side near the windows, i'm going to place my stove there and then, sink under the windows....beneath the stove and sink, there will be cabinets too

Did you ask Edmund to do yr kitchen cabinet? The normal L-shaped type of cabinet? Granite or solid top?