Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
graceakaclouds

Our First Home :)

joseeng - yeah...i went to see lightings.com tat day...their lightings r pretty cheap, i must agree though variety dun seem to have much....could be cos i didn't check out their own shops...

btw, latest updates....managed to sign contract with Edmund yesterday....he's super efficient...told him that we actually scheduled our aircon trunking with Best Tech on tues....nw, he already asked his workers to pay the protective layering liao....so we won't miss the schedule....

way to go!!!!

Grace,

Do be present during the aircon installation & make sure all are done properly. Fyi, I don't read much good reviews from BT. Just be on the cautious side yah. ;)

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
KSJL n chipee - i also want undermount sink!!!!!!! tat day asked Edmund, he say can do it but ar, i must get the 1 sink bowl type....just get the larger 1 sink bowl type....confirm cannot get those 2 sink bowl type....else, cannot go in :( ok loh....for the concept i want, i tik i willing to sacrifice 2 sink bowl to 1 sink bowl :P

KSJL - haven't gone to Balestier Light Arcade but will check it out though ;) erm, i'm quite kuku abt the downlights n LED lights thingy....all i know i tik hb's keen on the L-box thingy....not sure wat kind of lights it is for those....

tell u ar, tat day went down to PJ, their shop just closed....-_- not sure wat other brands to check out though....went to Hoe Kee but not happy with their stuff....their sink choices like limited leh....though they r very into Blanco sinks....too ex liao....

wah seh, if i keep going to the unit, will Edmund feel stressed or not ar? hehehhe

Grace/Chipee: fyi - I saw that my below neighbour is also using 2 bowl sink (1 big n 1 small) and it looks nice. Hence, you gals better think twice before getting Edmund to install as you will be the one who will be using them in the future. I love my 2 bowl sink alot ...really good compared to my previous 1 bowl sink. Anyway, the choice is yours. :)

grace, for lightings, you can consider lightings.com which is along balestier road too...saw them put up banner guaranteeing the lowest price if not will return the difference...perhaps you can go and check it out yourself.

Though Lightings.com stuff is cheap but honestly speaking the quality is not as good as we think.

joseeng - yeah...i went to see lightings.com tat day...their lightings r pretty cheap, i must agree though variety dun seem to have much....could be cos i didn't check out their own shops...

btw, latest updates....managed to sign contract with Edmund yesterday....he's super efficient...told him that we actually scheduled our aircon trunking with Best Tech on tues....nw, he already asked his workers to pay the protective layering liao....so we won't miss the schedule....

way to go!!!!

Congrats! So did you obtain any freebies from him? hahahahhaah.....so overall how much did he quote you if you dont mind sharing? :rolleyes:

Managed to get another WMF stuff yesterday from OG since it is on 20% discount...hehehhehhe....

bluewater - thks for ur reminder....yes i'll be there to supervise the aircon trunking works....

KSJL - regarding 2 bowl sink, i totally understand wat u r saying....for my parents' place, we have used 1 big bowl sink n then, nw 2 bowl sink....indeed it's much better....but to sacrifice using a 2 bowl sink vs extra worktop space, i tik i would choose extra worktop space....sinkwise, it's still not tat crucial in tat sense though i know the functionality of it....

as for lightings, hw come u say tat lightings.com's stuff not tat gd quality? u have used theirs before or cos u heard tat alot of ppl keep having to change the lights when it come from lightings.com? or?

freebies? dunno wor....everything is written in blk n white in the quotation....guess if he wants to give it to us, he will give us....so we didn't ask for freebies...in fact, **** fast....we just checked the items n added more items....then shortly, sign the contract....farniest part is, Edmund actually asked hb to smoke with him to 'ignite' the new deal....hahhahaha....all in all, we both have gd rapport with Edmund so quite satisfied....

as for quotation amt n all, i tik not too convenient....did ask hb abt it...he's not comfy for me to give it so i guess better respect his decision bah...sorry ar

bluewater - thks for ur reminder....yes i'll be there to supervise the aircon trunking works....

KSJL - regarding 2 bowl sink, i totally understand wat u r saying....for my parents' place, we have used 1 big bowl sink n then, nw 2 bowl sink....indeed it's much better....but to sacrifice using a 2 bowl sink vs extra worktop space, i tik i would choose extra worktop space....sinkwise, it's still not tat crucial in tat sense though i know the functionality of it....

as for lightings, hw come u say tat lightings.com's stuff not tat gd quality? u have used theirs before or cos u heard tat alot of ppl keep having to change the lights when it come from lightings.com? or?

freebies? dunno wor....everything is written in blk n white in the quotation....guess if he wants to give it to us, he will give us....so we didn't ask for freebies...in fact, **** fast....we just checked the items n added more items....then shortly, sign the contract....farniest part is, Edmund actually asked hb to smoke with him to 'ignite' the new deal....hahhahaha....all in all, we both have gd rapport with Edmund so quite satisfied....

as for quotation amt n all, i tik not too convenient....did ask hb abt it...he's not comfy for me to give it so i guess better respect his decision bah...sorry ar

Yes, aircon trunking is the most headache one and you will have to be there to decide which way you want to run the piping and I hope you did get Edmund to box up the casing....

I guess the bowl sink is up to individual...I bet due to the small kitchen area we have now so most would prefer to have more area on table top space...though i have my 2 bowl sink we are fine with the space near to the sink... :)

Yes, lightings.com quality no good n Bluewater will be best to explain....

yeah, did mention to Edmund abt the boxing up....tat's y he did mention tat he will be there to oversee too....

serious ar....Bluewater, any advice for lightings.com?

Yes, aircon trunking is the most headache one and you will have to be there to decide which way you want to run the piping and I hope you did get Edmund to box up the casing....

I guess the bowl sink is up to individual...I bet due to the small kitchen area we have now so most would prefer to have more area on table top space...though i have my 2 bowl sink we are fine with the space near to the sink... :)

Yes, lightings.com quality no good n Bluewater will be best to explain....

yeah, did mention to Edmund abt the boxing up....tat's y he did mention tat he will be there to oversee too....

Grace: You will have to be there too on your aircon piping running as you cant just rely Edmund as he may need your decision too.....good luck!

yup, i'll be there :) i also hope everything will be shun shun....

Grace: You will have to be there too on your aircon piping running as you cant just rely Edmund as he may need your decision too.....good luck!

Grace,

Price & after-sales service wise, I think lightings.com.sg offers one of the best in the market.

As for their fixtures, I have encountered some (currently still installed @ my place) which does compromise on the quality. If you really on budget, you can go for lightings.com.sg, else Light Arcade will be a good choice to go to, though limited choices I feel.

Chan Huat does stock in nice lightings but more expensive.

End of the day, it depends on your budget & expectation. Walk around & decide will be the best way to go... :)

thks bluewater for ur impartial advice :):) will do more homework :P

nw starting to get really excited liao man....can't imagine hw the house will look like after reno....

in the end, after discussion with Edmund n hb on sat, we decided to do the glass backsplash above the L-shaped worktop....looks more uniform n easier to clean

Grace,

Price & after-sales service wise, I think lightings.com.sg offers one of the best in the market.

As for their fixtures, I have encountered some (currently still installed @ my place) which does compromise on the quality. If you really on budget, you can go for lightings.com.sg, else Light Arcade will be a good choice to go to, though limited choices I feel.

Chan Huat does stock in nice lightings but more expensive.

End of the day, it depends on your budget & expectation. Walk around & decide will be the best way to go... :)

thks bluewater for ur impartial advice :):) will do more homework :P

nw starting to get really excited liao man....can't imagine hw the house will look like after reno....

in the end, after discussion with Edmund n hb on sat, we decided to do the glass backsplash above the L-shaped worktop....looks more uniform n easier to clean

Wow...alot of glass ah? So what did you do to your bomb shelter then?

dunno if alot of glass leh since the kitchen cabinets so little liao :(

bomb shelter ar...nw just paint it same colour as wall first....later then tik bah....haiz....tik abt it only headache man....so many opinions until i also :bangwall:

Wow...alot of glass ah? So what did you do to your bomb shelter then?

dunno if alot of glass leh since the kitchen cabinets so little liao :(

bomb shelter ar...nw just paint it same colour as wall first....later then tik bah....haiz....tik abt it only headache man....so many opinions until i also :bangwall:

Do you have alot of stuff to put? My top hung cabinet still empty empty leh....hahahhahahha....

Maybe try to get decal and paste onto it and who knows end result would be nice... :)

i suppose u r toking abt top cabinets for kitchen rite? today mon abit blur blur....if so, well, as of nw i tik it will be empty when i move in lah....but v v fast, it will be filled up de....alrd before packing, i alrd see alot of our stuff in my parents' place liao....sibei sian man to pack :(

yeah i did tik of tat....but was holding on to it till after total reno done n furniture all in liao, then try to see if anything nice can b done for the wall there....cos too clustered then plus wallpaper on the wall will be disastrous man!!!

btw, where's chipee n joseeng today? joseeng, r u the one who's getting ur carpentry works done up tis wk? or was it chipee?

Do you have alot of stuff to put? My top hung cabinet still empty empty leh....hahahhahahha....

Maybe try to get decal and paste onto it and who knows end result would be nice... :)