Bethel

Toa Payoh Blk 79 Kakis

u got a contractor alreadi?

we hack 2 walls

it onli cost $350

its onli $350

your contractor mark up

we pay $350 for 2walls

Hi, I am talking about P.E (Professional Engineer fee). Or yours don't need a P.E endorsement?

Yes, the highest floor. Ceiling is higher than the rest with no piping on top. So far has been happy with the excellent view. Not hot as the water tank is at not directly above my unit and also there is another buildup b4 the water tank sits on it. Cannot hear water sound as well.

In one word - awesome !

hey, how much did you buy for your dining table?

Yes, the highest floor. Ceiling is higher than the rest with no piping on top. So far has been happy with the excellent view. Not hot as the water tank is at not directly above my unit and also there is another buildup b4 the water tank sits on it. Cannot hear water sound as well.

In one word - awesome !

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Hi, I am talking about P.E (Professional Engineer fee). Or yours don't need a P.E endorsement?

Think all hacking needs P.E... And u hack 1 wall or 2 walls i think all same cost. THe difference in pricing may come from the hacking cost rather than the P.E cost.

Think all hacking needs P.E... And u hack 1 wall or 2 walls i think all same cost. THe difference in pricing may come from the hacking cost rather than the P.E cost.

All hacking requires a permit but not all hacking requires a Professional Engineer to oversee the demolition work. It depends on the wall that you are hacking. Applying for permit is free but PE requires approx. $500. You can engage on your own or you can get your ID/Contractor to source for you. Demolition work that you see on your quotation is approx. $350 but this usually excludes PE cost. If you don't need to pay for the extra $500, either your walls don't require PE endorsement or your ID/Contractor is being nice. :dunno:

Hi all

To sidetrack a little, I am following up on the diamond water thingy. Finally managed to take time off to clean my filter and take some pictures. The govt says our water is save for drinking, but are out pipes clean ? Look for yourself.

Just take note I am now living in a 40yrs old flat, since our new flat is NEW, might not have this issue. I will follow up again after I have shifted in and see if I still get the brown **&^.

Eeeww. Pictures look baaaad. Am thinking of getting a filter too. But who, when, what and how? I am about to confirm my kitchen layout and carpentary with my ID. Anything special that I need to take note or instruct the ID?

Hi Mee Pok, water and electricity is already turned on, even if you did not activate it at the PUB counter.

So you can do the necessary defects check.

But they will dis-activate it after a few days.

And before you go up your unit, you may like to check out your mailbox.

You should find a tap-head which is meant for turning on the water valve.

This is a very good tip for those who has yet to receive keys. I spent half an hour trying to figure out how to switch on the tap. Called PUB -> referred me to HDB -> called HDB -> referred me to Town Council -> called Town Council -> referred me to PUB.........

In the end, I called Yel. She asked...Did you open your letterbox?.......

Thanks Yel! :thumbs up:

Eeeww. Pictures look baaaad. Am thinking of getting a filter too. But who, when, what and how? I am about to confirm my kitchen layout and carpentary with my ID. Anything special that I need to take note or instruct the ID?

Hi Mapleleaf

If u r interested in taking a look at the diamond water filter, I can sms u the contact number. I think can ask for trial. I dun think need special instruction for ID, but no harm checking with the vendor. Let me know.

This is a very good tip for those who has yet to receive keys. I spent half an hour trying to figure out how to switch on the tap. Called PUB -> referred me to HDB -> called HDB -> referred me to Town Council -> called Town Council -> referred me to PUB.........

In the end, I called Yel. She asked...Did you open your letterbox?.......

Thanks Yel! :sport-smiley-004:

Hi Mapleleaf,

Not sure if the tap key given by HDB can be used to turn on the water supply. I tried mine but to no avail cos the tap head given and the main pipe socket does not match! One is smaller than the other! Guess I'll have to go back tomorrow with a spanner instead.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Btw, fellow neighbors, for those of u who r not getting ID but getting contractor instead, can check out e unit diagonally opp. alister's unit. (any1's here ? sorie alister, never promo yor unit, !! )

i jus saw e workmanship of e floor tiling etc. i'm very satisfied :dancingqueen: but yet 2 see e carpentry (gona b up by dis wkend, mi gona check it out again). In fact, base on my personal standard, i find its better than e branded ID's. Pricing wise, its abt $16k (average, not 2 xpensive or 2 cheap) for dat unit's type of renov. Also, i'v checked e co's background, it had been in e market for >15yrs, hdb licensed contractor. :jawdrop:

So guys & gals, can go check it out if u r interested. And if end of e day, u wana sign with them, remember 2 say i intro 1. Then can get better bargain 4 u & 4 mi. !! Think 7-10 units is being renov by them now.

:sport-smiley-004:

Hi jaCKY777,

Can PM me the contractor's contact and details? I'm thinking of doing up entire flat with tiles instead of laminate mixture. Is it the unit opposite the one with the sloping kerb entrance? Or is that Alister's unit??

Hi Mapleleaf,

Not sure if the tap key given by HDB can be used to turn on the water supply. I tried mine but to no avail cos the tap head given and the main pipe socket does not match! One is smaller than the other! Guess I'll have to go back tomorrow with a spanner instead.

Hi jaCKY777,

Hi mee pok. You have to bring...what do you call that thingee that you use to remove the metal bit? (I am really bad with gadget names...erm help?). After removing that, then you can fit the tap head. I happened to have a tool-box with me then.

you wont be lonely. I am from 79E :)

Hi hi and welcome to Toa Payoh Blk 79 Kakis. Wow! I posted that comment in 2005! Old liao.

Hi Alister

Thanks!:)

I think all new hdb will be the same (for those living on the very top floor).

How is your reno progress?

Any pic to show me?

Merry Christmas to you and your family!

Rgds.

HAPPY

In one word - awesome !

Hi hi and welcome to Toa Payoh Blk 79 Kakis. Wow! I posted that comment in 2005! Old liao.

:D Haha..I think there are still some of us reading all the 92 pages long of messages..1 of them is my wife.. :P

u got a contractor alreadi?

we hack 2 walls

it onli cost $350

its onli $350

your contractor mark up

we pay $350 for 2walls

base on understanding for HDB's revised ruling (especially for our blocks), hacking of walls require PE. your quoted $350 is probably only for hacking. our hacking is FOC but PE is a separate $$ factor.

tension_z if ur contractor quote u above $500, i think he probably added the hacking cost into it. check if he's charging u another fee for hacking. if not, try to neg. to $500 only with hacking @ FOC. :deal: hacking is actually very easy for them. in abt an hour, an entire wall is down.

:P Haha..I think there are still some of us reading all the 92 pages long of messages..1 of them is my wife.. :)

it's commendable!:D at least it answers many questions that you might have. 8| but she'll probably read a lot of repeated questions and answers too...hahahaha!!

All hacking requires a permit but not all hacking requires a Professional Engineer to oversee the demolition work. It depends on the wall that you are hacking. (yes, agree. but i think for our block whatever wall you are hacking, if I'm not wrong HDB wants us to engage a PE... if, anyone here is doing hacking and dun have to engagePE..... pls....pls pls pls....LET ME KNOW)Applying for permit is free but PE requires approx. $500. You can engage on your own or you can get your ID/Contractor to source for you. Demolition work that you see on your quotation is approx. $350 but this usually excludes PE cost. If you don't need to pay for the extra $500, either your walls don't require PE endorsement or your ID/Contractor is being nice. :D

it's commendable!:D at least it answers many questions that you might have. :D but she'll probably read a lot of repeated questions and answers too...hahahaha!!

Hi ms_white,

How the reno for your new home coming thru? Did not see any update from your blog, so I suppose should be finishing soon right? your ID seems very professional.. :) maybe would like you to intro your ID to me.. :P

8|

p/s to all the 79 kakis, wishes everyone a Merrily Christmas!:P:deal::)

base on understanding for HDB's revised ruling (especially for our blocks), hacking of walls require PE. your quoted $350 is probably only for hacking. our hacking is FOC but PE is a separate $$ factor.

tension_z if ur contractor quote u above $500, i think he probably added the hacking cost into it. check if he's charging u another fee for hacking. if not, try to neg. to $500 only with hacking @ FOC. :D hacking is actually very easy for them. in abt an hour, an entire wall is down.

it's commendable!:sport-smiley-018: at least it answers many questions that you might have. :P but she'll probably read a lot of repeated questions and answers too...hahahaha!!

mswhite,

tell u one freaking thing, my hacking cost ALONE is $680 (hacking a L wall, u know the wall between the MBR and bedroom 1. Not the whole wall even.)

The $680 DOES NOT include the PE fee.

The PE fee is another $650 to $700.

so total cost for hacking is $680+ $700 if I get PE from the ID.

I brought the ID to attention that other PE in Blk 79 are quoting $500,

why mine so 'special' price at $700?

He is a nice ID la, he said he will check it out for me.

Then the next day, he called me up and said the PE can go at $650,

but to me it is still freaking expensive,

cos' all PE do is just do a chop on the floor plan.

If ID charge me more expensive for other things,

I take it as paying for a premium for his expertise.

I appreciate my ID promptness in answering my queries,

but so far his items are always more expensive than others,

he told me it is quality service that I am receiving, so when my house is done,

if his quality is good, I will recommend him here.

anyway, back to the PE thing,

so I asked him, your company only have 1 PE ah?

cos' ID told me the PE charge higher price due to peak period and PE has many jobs on hand.

(got such thing mah? can anyhow charge de mah?

ID assure me that this is what the PE charge,

he is not the one who decide on the pricing.)

anyway, am still not convinced since other PE can charge $500 one week before this,

aren't they not busy? u get what I meant. quite sad.

so I told my ID, i try to look for PE on my own, Id is cool about it.

so I asked the forum, checked the Website, checked with HDB.

doing the legwork myself. my colleagues even laughed at me,

they asked, u meant u got to even source out for PE yourself? what is your Id for?

I just keep quiet. Give my ID the benefit of the doubt. Must have trust la.

so....

I actually managed to find a PE at a cost of (below $500)

and the PE even process my document without any delay,

knowing that I need it urgently for HDB to process.

Not trying to spoilt market,

but just to let you know that PE charges as low as $XXX-$450.

and it is the same paper that you will get even if you pay more.

those who charge above that, it is still a question mark.

if your ID tell you, only their company PE can endorse for you, not true.

those PE that they engaged are all from peb.org

all the PE has a serial number.

This part, my ID has proven so.

of course, if your ID PE charge you $500, can just take it,

just take the price difference as the research and legwork you need not do.

and btw, shay_d, my ID also tell me that my hacking actually doesn't need a PE

but HDB insist a PE.

maybe HDB ks? I duno. also let me know if anyone hack but doesnt need PE in blk 79.

lastly, thanks M&M for your advice. =)

Merry X'mas to all.

I read till blur liao.so many comments.but very good,can learn alot of things from one another. Now looking around for ID. Mine low floor, how about you? !!

Hi Neighbors,

Wanted to ask if anyone has moved in yet? I tried getting our Starhub internet and cable tv to transfer to the new place but they say our block hasn't been activated for cable yet. Anyone else getting this problem?

Quite ridiculous for the block not to be activated when people have been moving in since October. To their credit Starhub apologized profusely and suspended our account from the day that I made the call for the transfer (which was one whole week before I actually moved, so I got a week of free cable tv at my old place....)

Anyway, it's bl**dy inconvenient not to have cable TV, and especially, the internet! I've flown back to Vancouver after the 3-week battle with a super-fast renovation (bless my ID) and house-moving and it sucks not having the internet to do webchats with my family. !! I can get Wireless@SG from my unit, but the connection is unstable. Goes on and off, so that sucks too. Sigh, I wish Starhub will just hurry up and activate the block already.

On a lighter note, here's wishing all neighbors here a Merry Christmas!! I wish I can join in with all the gatherings, but alas, I'm on the wrong side of the Pacific ocean right now. Good luck to everyone who's continuing their renovations or waiting for their keys!