Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Bethel

Toa Payoh Blk 79 Kakis

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Hi Meowie,

Saw this from the HDB website:

Technical Conditions Governing Installation of Air-Conditioners

1. No hacking of holes or openings through existing reinforced concrete structures within the unit is allowed for the installation of air-con/condensing unit.

2. No embedment of air-con pipe in reinforced concrete slab, column and reinforced concrete beams.

3. For Precast facade with tiles, a single opening of 50mm x 50mm per panel for the running of refrigerant pipe is allowed. However the flat owner/tenant must ensure that his BCA trained air-con installer check the wall tiles surrounding the location of the opening for the bolts and refrigerant pipes are not delaminated. Delaminated tiles, if any, are to be removed.

I suppose as long as no hacking or embedding pipe in the reinforced concrete structures should be alright? But for Zephy's case, they hacked through the living room wall, isn't it the same? Cos looking at my floor plan, both walls are not reinforced concrete structures/beams leh... :jawdrop:

meepok

I guess I have been short-changed. Drilling through the toilet makes no difference to drilling through the living room right?

Hi Zephy,

Then your layout should similar to mine... but why the ran the trunking out to the living room? Many of us just ran it through from the toilet leh.... if really illegal then jialat liao... anyone knows if it's really illegal???

Mine got those thick trunking in the bedrooms loh... alongside the aircon unit and along the ceiling beams, and trunking inside both toilets as well... but considered 'hidden' in the rooms, can't see the trunkings from outside though.

I remembered Tension's MBR trunking was hidden totally from view within a boxed up beam/L-box.

meepok

Hi Meepok,

Would you be able to send me some pictures of yours to my email because my air-con keep arguing cannot be done the way I want.

Thank you :jawdrop:

Hmm toppie, if changing the side of the doors will solve the problem, u can arrange with ur ID/contractor to change the way the door is open. :notti:

I think if change, got to remove the whole frame. But I have done my flooring already so in order not to damage my flooring, got to live with it. :jawdrop:

Hi Zephy,

It's illegal to hack through the toilet to the aircon ledge??? But I've seen many instances of such construction leh... mine they hacked through from the top of the toilet out, through the concealed partition box with all the sewage pipes and that silver grill covering thingy.

Hi Toppie,

I think the screw and hose already spoilt or worn off liao, or maybe the washer in the hose is spoilt. Best to get HDB to replace or buy a new hose to replace. Or maybe just use the hoses supplied if you're getting those instant heater.

I think maybe can paint over those big screws at the bottom of the toilet bowl?? Later I go check and see if they've started to rust or not...

As for the 'brilliantly' designed toilet door in the MBR, my suggestion is to remove it and install those bi-fold type of door. Since you have a shower screen on one side, it's safer to get it replaced. One may forget and swing open the door with force and hit the shower screen at the side!! Or worse, hit someone's leg who's sitting on the WC!!

meepok

Hi Zephy,

Then your layout should similar to mine... but why the ran the trunking out to the living room? Many of us just ran it through from the toilet leh.... if really illegal then jialat liao... anyone knows if it's really illegal???

Mine got those thick trunking in the bedrooms loh... alongside the aircon unit and along the ceiling beams, and trunking inside both toilets as well... but considered 'hidden' in the rooms, can't see the trunkings from outside though.

I remembered Tension's MBR trunking was hidden totally from view within a boxed up beam/L-box.

meepok

Have just gotten the Building Service Centre ppl to look into my shower head. Seems that there is a piece of rubber stopper missing and hence causing the leaking. They have since rectified it. So forumers, please check your shower heads soon.

Edited by toppie

Hi Meepok,

Would you be able to send me some pictures of yours to my email because my air-con keep arguing cannot be done the way I want.

Thank you :jawdrop:

Hi Zephy,

Just PM you. What did your aircon guy say? Technically cannot be done or illegal to do it? :notti:

meepok

I guess I have been short-changed. Drilling through the toilet makes no difference to drilling through the living room right?

Hi Zephy,

I guess most of the pple here are drilling thru the toilet next to the aircon ledge. The trunking would be sort of "concealed" inside the common toilet & MBR toilet. After that, you would see the trunking from the MBR all the way to the BR2. If i rembr correctly, BR3 has no trunking because BR2 & BR3 aircon are fixed back to back. So the trunking would be seen from the MBR all the way to BR2. So the trunking is inevitable. But i guess if you had already done the latter (ie trunking thru the living room), it can't be changed liao, rite? To make it look better, maybe you can think about doing a box-up to hide the trunking. Did your ID/ contractor propose anything like this? Of course, there would be additional costs incurred. I don't think drilling thru the toilet is illegal because almost all of the pple are doing that. One look at the window ledges & you would see that.

Hi Zephy,

Just PM you. What did your aircon guy say? Technically cannot be done or illegal to do it? :P

meepok

My aircon guy not happy, said if I want, he will do so but consequences I have to bear.

Now I don't know if I engage another guy, will the result still be the same.

My aircon guy not happy, said if I want, he will do so but consequences I have to bear.

Now I don't know if I engage another guy, will the result still be the same.

Zephy

You can ask him to follow you to a neighbour house to see how it's done if he don't know how to do it. There is no consequences, almost all household are doing it.

My aircons guy from gaincity. They are certified aircon installer. Others have use Allbest or Alltech etc and all of them are certified aircon installer.

Haiz..... told ID will need to move in only after Qing Ming and they literally COMPLETE AFTER QING MING! Took 6 months to reno ?! Anyway, will be moving in slowly this weekend as there's still touch up to be done.

Very simple reno, so a bit pai seh to open house le... but feel free to drop by as I'm around most weekend.

And to Tension Z if you're reading this tread, you are not the only one whose reno took 1/2 a year.

okie thanks... BTW, how is ur unit now? :rofl:

move in le?? never open house ar?

Hi darkwing,

my report on the induction cooker as promised:

after using for abt 2wks, todate no complaints infact quite like it even my chef also no complaints.

u will mentioning that induction cooking ware is expensive, it depends on wat's u wan.

eg got a stainless steel kettle for abt $6-7 and it's working fine.

actually cooking ware juz need to be s/s or metal and it will do just fine.

saw in f@irprice xtra there's a non-stick cooking pan for $26 but chef wan a deeper one which was got from T@ng for $70+. so this is the only exp one.

hope i clear yr doubt, let me know if there's any question?

:rofl:

Haiz..... told ID will need to move in only after Qing Ming and they literally COMPLETE AFTER QING MING! Took 6 months to reno ?! Anyway, will be moving in slowly this weekend as there's still touch up to be done.

Very simple reno, so a bit pai seh to open house le... but feel free to drop by as I'm around most weekend.

And to Tension Z if you're reading this tread, you are not the only one whose reno took 1/2 a year.

hi rackel,

may i know what took you 1/2 a year? would like to know more. ie when did you sign the renovation and what are the things you do?

Mine is also simple reno, no toilet overlay, bedroom 2 also nothing.

my delay was caused by 3D drawing (take near to a month), HDB permit(10 days), PE approval(??days), Chinese new year(2 weeks), raining for a few days (Carpentry cannot load), defects checking, touch up, touch up and still touching up.

what are some of your defects, care to share?

photos - fireworks from singapore flyer from my flat tonite.. enjoy

edc3027cz1.th.jpg

edc3030cp8.th.jpg

edc3031kc4.th.jpg

NICE :yamseng: I would have taken as well if I'm at home but alas(!) I am at work.