Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Bethel

Toa Payoh Blk 79 Kakis

Hi Yel,

I got the unit through balloting. Ask few ID liao. Everytime you go to ID, they will ask for your budget. for typical 4 room unit, it can range from 20K to 35K. So it's best to tell them 20K first. Afterwhich then add on as per your requirements like ... materials/design etc.

I also went to expo last week. Quite a number of ID firms down there and see some furnitures as well. The exhibition is over already. Not sure when the next one is coming at the expo....anyone know when the next home furnishing exhibition at expo will be held?

these are the ID firms I see at the expo: ***, rest and relax, ciseern, etc. Stil confused which one is good with most reasonable price....:)

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hi darkwings and meowie

Thanks for the info.

Maybe I can sneak in to have a look at the tiles before deciding whether to overlay them or not. hahaha.

Hi sushibabe

You physically see the toilet tiles or you see from meowie's pics? I see from the pics only wanna faint liao :D

Hi darkwings and meowie

Thanks for the info.

Maybe I can sneak in to have a look at the tiles before deciding whether to overlay them or not. hahaha.

Hi sushibabe

You physically see the toilet tiles or you see from meowie's pics? I see from the pics only wanna faint liao :D

dangz........ i dunno is my pic ugly or wat... when i see the real thing.. i thought it looks ok.. BTW, i believe u all know that the blue n red lines are sticker.. can remove de... the color isnt really fantastic.. but, make do still ok de... really... dun faint... :)zz

Hi all!

Welcome all new neighbours!

Seems that things are heating up here. I've been really busy lately thus only skim thru and never reply.

Darkwing,

The "contract" we signed is to promise not to hack toilet tiles for 3 yrs after key collection not 5, coz that is the contractor's waterproofing warranty period to HDB. But I cannot remember whether that includes kitchen or not. Must go check.

Meowie,

You're the best la...knew you will be the one with the scoop on the toilet tiles. Aiyah really cannot make it leh, I was hoping that at least will get white WC and sink like the commonwealth flats but no hope liao. Have to spend $$ to change liao. I'm seriously considering overlaying cos I think the epoxy spray paint cannot last, so it is either overlay or just grind teeth and live with it.

You sure kitchen tiles can hack?

Hi meowie

No la... your picture looks fine...

Not complaining about your picture... i dun really like the colours of the tiles... orange and blue zz:P

Hi carelinwen

I think you cannot change the WC also right? cos it will involve hacking around the toilet floor tiles also.

Guess we all have to live with the WC for 3 years... haha :D:)

Edited by gui99

Meowie,

You're the best la...knew you will be the one with the scoop on the toilet tiles. Aiyah really cannot make it leh, I was hoping that at least will get white WC and sink like the commonwealth flats but no hope liao. Have to spend $$ to change liao. I'm seriously considering overlaying cos I think the epoxy spray paint cannot last, so it is either overlay or just grind teeth and live with it.

You sure kitchen tiles can hack?

Yes.. confirm kitchen tiles can hack.. for both wall n floor tiles.... :~

Hi meowie

No la... your picture looks fine...

Not complaining about your picture... i dun really like the colours of the tiles... orange and blue :furious::jawdrop:

Hi carelinwen

I think you cannot change the WC also right? cos it will involve hacking around the toilet floor tiles also.

Guess we all have to live with the WC for 3 years... haha :bangwall::furious:

Hi gui99,

WC can change... some ID actually advice u to get some extra tiles from town council.. so that when they change the toilet bowl n basin, they can use the extra tiles to patch.. alternatively, they can use pebbles to cover up the "holes" ... OH.. althought toilet bowl and basin can change, bear in mind, the position cannot change... :furious:

Hey Carelinwen, Exactly! Same thoughts as you. I think I will be overlaying. My teeth cannot last 15-20 years (next reno). Havent seen the real thing yet. Maybe real thing dun have to faint.

I tried to get in yesterday but I failed....miserably. So, I hang around Blk C lift lobby only. :bangwall:

Hi, as requested by someone, I will tell u all the route i took to get into blk D... i think got more than 1 way.. but to those who is interested.. hehehe

1. From the busstop outside blk C, climb over the fence into blk C

2. Facing blk C, move toward the carpark and then turn right

3. U should see a small hole that u can walk into.. to go into the carpark

4. inside the carpark, walk straight up.. (thru the slope)

5. looking straight, u will see an "Exit" sign... get out from there...

6. climb 1 stairs down and turn right

7. u will be guided into the construction site of blk D

8. turn right again and walk towards the lift

9. do watever u like .... :furious::furious:

(I toook the stairs to 2nd floor and start opening doors.. hahahaa) :yamseng:

Hi carelinwen

Guess we all have to live with the WC for 3 years... haha :yamseng::furious:

Hi gui99,

WC and sink can change. For WC, they will remove the bolts and then can fix in another one. But you need to get back one with a right fit. Similarly for sink, if remove the sink will have holes in wall tiles, so if your new sink can cover back the same area, then no problem, if not have to replace those affected tiles (like what Meowie says).

Hey Carelinwen, Exactly! Same thoughts as you. I think I will be overlaying. My teeth cannot last 15-20 years (next reno). Havent seen the real thing yet. Maybe real thing dun have to faint.

I tried to get in yesterday but I failed....miserably. So, I hang around Blk C lift lobby only. :furious:

Hi mapleleaf,

Don't need to see actual colour I already buay siong liao...I want plain light coloured toilet walls, white bowls and sinks. Any other colour seems to be not clean and cannot imagine starring at the moldy cloudy pattern of the toilet tiles regardless of the colour leh.

Dunno who came up with bright idea of coloured WC... must go shoot that person! End up no demand and only cheapo HDB mass order them for the new flats. Why can't they just built toilets like what you get at major shopping centres.

hi all,

I just want to share my info from wat i have gathered from few different ID firms. Must really be careful when talking to them. Cheap quotation doesnt mean best deal. Must really check every single materials used on the renovation e.g.

1. Burmese parquet more ex than Indo parquet. Different size of Parquet also different price. For 3 bedrooms, size of 2" x 8" parquet, one of ID firm told me it's about 1000 sg dollar different in price if we were to use burmese parquet instead of Indo parquet. Bigger size of parquet also more ex.

2. For kitchen top, India granite more expensive than China Granite and solid top surface. Maybe additional 600 to 900 dollar for India Granite. Different ID firms quote different price for this.

3. For those interested in walk in wardrobe, some ID firms offer Pole system. Generally pole system more expensive than normal wardrobe. However different ID firms offer different type of pole systems. I'm quite confused which one is the best actually. :) When designing the wardrobe, they normally charge by ft run. e.g. if your wardrobe is 10 ft and they charge 250 dollar per ft run. That means your wardrobe cost you 2500 dollar. Wardrobe without door should be cheaper. :)

4. Blum system for drawer in kitchen and wardrobe. For those dunno, blum system is anti slam system. Those come with blum system is more expensive....its not much more expensive actually, depending on how many drawers involved of course...

5. Must be careful on hiddent cost like enganging PE for hacking wall, town council for carrying materials to our unit during reno.

6. Overlaying tiles in toilet cost about 2000 to 2500 for both toilets.

Not sure if those info from ID firms can be trusted. As usual, can't trust sales ppl 100%. Let me know if you guys know more info for renovation. Useful information especially on materials involved in the renovation will be very useful when comparing different quotations. Guys go and find out the best materials for renovation and let me know if quotation i put above is too expensive......hehe.

Thanks all for your clarifications on the WC... heehee..

Hahaha we all sound like invaders to TPY Blk 79.... trying all means to sneak into the site...

wahahaha :)

Why can't they just built toilets like what you get at major shopping centres.

PRECISELY!:) why they have to use such ugly tiles... I dun even mind plain white tiles...

Why they have to use those with such ugly patterns :jawdrop:

Don't need to see actual colour I already buay siong liao...I want plain light coloured toilet walls, white bowls and sinks. Any other colour seems to be not clean and cannot imagine starring at the moldy cloudy pattern of the toilet tiles regardless of the colour leh.

Dunno who came up with bright idea of coloured WC... must go shoot that person! End up no demand and only cheapo HDB mass order them for the new flats. Why can't they just built toilets like what you get at major shopping centres.

lol carelinwen,

shopping centres toilet are EXPENSIVE!:) all from TOTO de leh... dun see them white white simple simple... branded stuff ar... :)

yo yo..u all making me very excited. i hv not rec'd any letter from HDB yet leh....haiz...seem like very fast yet like very long...really can't wait to c my house....

meowie,

wow..u really lihai leh...really must thks u for taking the pictures for us to hv a quick view...^^

mario,

thks for ur info. my hb n i hv not searched for any quotations yet...we are tinking of getting quotes after we viewed our unit. meanwhile, we bz looking after our baby..haiz....will definitely share my quotes or any info if i hv.

yo yo..u all making me very excited. i hv not rec'd any letter from HDB yet leh....haiz...seem like very fast yet like very long...really can't wait to c my house....

meowie,

wow..u really lihai leh...really must thks u for taking the pictures for us to hv a quick view...^^

mario,

thks for ur info. my hb n i hv not searched for any quotations yet...we are tinking of getting quotes after we viewed our unit. meanwhile, we bz looking after our baby..haiz....will definitely share my quotes or any info if i hv.

hey doremi!:dunno: long time no see... ur baby photo leh?? no share de ar.... :( !!

send me a copy leh... let me see see... must be cute cute de...

wow thanks for all the info mario..

my FW and I also have look for ID yet...

guess we will be one of the last to get our keys bah...

:sport-smiley-004: