Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Bethel

Toa Payoh Blk 79 Kakis

Hi future neighbours,

my unit is in blk B.

have got quotation from 4 id, still waiting for 2 more to come in.

just to share - 2 quotes ard 33k, bal ard 17k.

the big diff is due to overlaying of tiles in both toilets.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hello,

We have gotten 2 quotes for 4rm 90msq from ID.

If you're interested, email or msn me at atgmer@hotmail.com

Let's share to compare in case we kenna chop by ID :sport-smiley-004:

Hi Redcrystal,

17K ?? Do you mean 27K?

So far from most of the quotes I gathered,

- overlaying of toilet tiles & wall,glass shower screen cost around 2.5K

- if add vanity c/w cabinet and mirror is another 600~700.

for each toilet.

I am thinking to have the above for my MBR toilet.

For my common toilet, i think will only do overlay and shower screen, because the basin is too near to the wooden door.

Hi Redcrystal,

17K ?? Do you mean 27K?

So far from most of the quotes I gathered,

- overlaying of toilet tiles & wall,glass shower screen cost around 2.5K

- if add vanity c/w cabinet and mirror is another 600~700.

for each toilet.

I am thinking to have the above for my MBR toilet.

For my common toilet, i think will only do overlay and shower screen, because the basin is too near to the wooden door.

no, its really 17K - i didn't do overlaying of toilet tiles or shower screen.

only do vanity cabinet in both toilets and spray special effect on wall and floor.

was at id showroom and he show me the special effect end result in their toilet.

really like it alot.

will ask him more when i see him next time.

anyway, main reason why only 17K cos my flooring for 3bedroom + living room is only laminated flooring which is only ard 3k.

tension z,

i agreed wif u loo, 90sqm is really small loo & i olso feel dat around 25k sound reasonable. furthermore, the tiles he told me is those homogeneous & laminated ones..so i hear leow, feel dat their prices very steep loo~ btw, ur fren really got a good bargain. i dun mind hving a simple one loo...but tik the price now shd be different leow...haiz...anyway, ur fren is using contractor or ID for his/her reno hor?? mayb can recommend us?? :yamseng:

Hi M&M,

yalor, i feel very steep too but tik will still ask them to quote cos curious abt the reasons for the steepness...hehe....will share wif u all if i got their quotes but take sometime cos my baby keep falling sick...haiz... :good:

Hi bonkitty,

now we needs to use the nebuliser (forgotten the spelling..) to cure his sickness loo. he was diagnosed as hving bronchiolitis..haiz....tik needs abt a wk to recover leow... really very stress loo. stress to take care of him and then must take unpaid leave loo...haiz...anyway, agreed dat the clinic is good but ex loo~ haiz...but it seem dat their medication works on my baby so no choice but keep going back to consult the doctor. tik hor, if my baby gets older, i will take him to those more economic ones...now i actually waiting for all his vaccination jabs finished loo~ :sport-smiley-004: u got any good children doctor or family doctor to recommend?? :D

oh..yahor...i forget abt the carpentry work..hehe...my mind keeps tiking abt the flooring and keeps wondering y so steep...hehe...thks, u helped me to look out of my "box"... :bangwall:

hi redhat,

OO...a wardrobe for 5k?? really sound ex wor...i doubt they can fix a big wardrobe into a small space. i tik hor, mayb they tried to "squeeze" their design into dat little space (hope u understand wat i mean) or mayb they will charge u the same price but will end up doing something different and giving u excuses dat not enulf space for their design. but this is only my assumption lah..tik usually they will charge u accordingly to the actual space they measured loo~....err....wat is "IMO" hor?? pai seh..hehe...i dun understand cos ang moh not good and rather "suah ku"...:yamseng:

thks for sharing ur experience wif me, now i roughly noe how to tell the sincerity of the ID. :D but cham hor, if most ID anyhow quote then will be a wasted trip to ask them for quotes loo.. :good:

hi redcrystal,

thks for sharing, u mean if exclude the overlaying of tiles in both toilets, the quotes u get is around 17k?? hmm...16k for 2 toilets??? huh??? tik must be those very nice kinda toilets' design..m i rite??? oo...very much diff leh. btw, did they give u a draft/ layout of ur floorplan??? how was it?? satisfied??? :sport-smiley-004:

hi hobbes,

i hv noted down ur email address, will try to msn/ email u when possible. thks for sharing. definitely will share wif u too if i got mine.

Hi Bonkitty,

I was also at TPY on Sunday, I managed to sneak in to my unit at 79B.

In the MSCP, one of the fence leading to 79B is opened.

Hi Hobbes,

Will drop you an email later the week, while I need to type out those quotes I have (mine are all in hardcopy).

IDs refuse to give soft copy.

Hi Redcrystal,

Can pm me your IDs?

I do like to find more IDs.

Hi Doremi,

My frenz told me when we signed the contract, later can add on to the agreed price, but cannot reduce (almost impossible)

So if they quote you a 10ft wardrobe and later at the site, they found can only do 6ft.

They will then suggest to do other carpentry work to make up the extras, which actually are unnecessary.

(btw, IMO i think it mean in my opinion)

Hope that your kid do recover well soon.

Hi redhat,

thks for ur regards, hopefully my baby will recover soon. he seem to be much better today. :help:

OO..can't reduce the price ar?...oo...then tik we must ask them give us a quote based on the smallest ft possible le. really cham hor if can't reduce the price...sometimes tik if do other carpentry work may not seem to b necessary or may somehow feel dat the pricing is very hard to justify...haiz...tik getting a good and cheap/affordable ID is not easy... :)

hmm...now i noe dat IMO is in my opinion..hehehe...^^

Dear Neighbours,

Been some time since I've posted something..been really bz with work. Anyway, I've gotten my loan letter! Yippie...gonna send the things required soon and pray we get the keys soon..hehe. Have been on the lookout for IDs and met up with about 3..really spent my whole Saturdays meeting them and viewing their completed projects :P So far I've gotten about 5 quotations from A & D, Plush Living, Earnest Interior, Image Cre*tive, Baroque Design. The quotations all hover ard 30K…trying to cut down the costs to about 26K (inclusive of aircon system 3, non-inverter)

Here were my requirements to the IDs:

1. Hack wall between Master bedrm and adjacent room

2. Build a Walk in wardrobe in master bedroom

3. Build platform with storage in adjacent room

4. Overlay tiles for MBR bathroom and kitchen

5. Laminate flooring for the 3 bedrooms

6. Feature wall and TV console

7. Shoe cabinet and feature wall to cover up bomb shelter

8. Tall cabinet in kitchen for my oven

My advice to all who are looking for IDs is to meet up with them first to discuss your requirements. Give the same set of requirements to the IDs and then compare apple for apple. Also ask to see their completed or work-in-progress projects..look at the workmanship for the carpentry, laying of tiles and floor laminates. When you read more and know more, you tend to ask the right questions and therefore chances are, the ID will know not to mess ard with you..hahaha!! There’s a reno fair coming up soon at Expo…big scale one. Not sure who will be there though but think sign up there can get free gifts :dancingqueen: Read more Home and Décor magazines to get inspiration & ideas (actually, our draft sketch was very similar to the IDs proposals…haha…but we are too lazy to get a contractor cos got to monitor a lot of things ourselves so getting ID instead).

Since many of us getting our keys soon and looking ard for IDs, shall we compile the list of IDs that we have visited to compare quotes to make sure that we are not being quoted differently? I’ll start the ball rolling first :yamseng:

ID Firms

1. A & D (ID: Alvin)

2. Plush Living (ID: Avee)

3. Image Creat*vE (ID: Jeffrey)

4. Baroque (ID: Mike)

5. Earnest Interior (ID: Zann)

hi redcrystal,

thks for sharing, u mean if exclude the overlaying of tiles in both toilets, the quotes u get is around 17k?? hmm...16k for 2 toilets??? huh??? tik must be those very nice kinda toilets' design..m i rite??? oo...very much diff leh. btw, did they give u a draft/ layout of ur floorplan??? how was it?? satisfied??? :P

Hi doremi,

paiseh :dancingqueen: , should be 2 toilets + redo kitchen tiles.

actually they include alot of small items you tend to forget to ask during initial query.

my fs master give me the basic layout like position of bed, wardrobe, study table, etc so just tell id.

id only provide a better drawing on the layout.

Hi redhat,

aredi pm u.

Dear Neighbours,

Been some time since I've posted something..been really bz with work. Anyway, I've gotten my loan letter! Yippie...gonna send the things required soon and pray we get the keys soon..hehe. Have been on the lookout for IDs and met up with about 3..really spent my whole Saturdays meeting them and viewing their completed projects :bangwall: So far I've gotten about 5 quotations from A & D, Plush Living, Earnest Interior, Image Cre*tive, Baroque Design. The quotations all hover ard 30K…trying to cut down the costs to about 26K (inclusive of aircon system 3, non-inverter)

My advice to all who are looking for IDs is to meet up with them first to discuss your requirements. Give the same set of requirements to the IDs and then compare apple for apple. Also ask to see their completed or work-in-progress projects..look at the workmanship for the carpentry, laying of tiles and floor laminates. When you read more and know more, you tend to ask the right questions and therefore chances are, the ID will know not to mess ard with you..hahaha!! There’s a reno fair coming up soon at Expo…big scale one. Not sure who will be there though but think sign up there can get free gifts :bangwall: Read more Home and Décor magazines to get inspiration & ideas (actually, our draft sketch was very similar to the IDs proposals…haha…but we are too lazy to get a contractor cos got to monitor a lot of things ourselves so getting ID instead).

Since many of us getting our keys soon and looking ard for IDs, shall we compile the list of IDs that we have visited to compare quotes to make sure that we are not being quoted differently? I’ll start the ball rolling first !!

ID Firms

Your place is 75sqm or 90sqm?

You decided on hacking wall between Master bedrm & adjacent rm?

Mine is 90sqm and while doing space planning...realise that i can't fit a proper wardrobe into the master bedrm. And we also don't wanna hack wall otherwise will end up with only 2 bedrms.

The master bedrm really very small!! !!

Anyway the quotes i got are ranging from $16K to $26K. That is for not overlaying toilet tiles and not hacking walls. I doing only the basic things.

Pictures of the kitchen:

Kitchen1.jpg

Kitchen4.jpg

Don't think I will be overlaying kitchen tiles.

What are those metal bars up on the wall for?

Dear Neighbours,

Been some time since I've posted something..been really bz with work. Anyway, I've gotten my loan letter! Yippie...gonna send the things required soon and pray we get the keys soon..hehe. Have been on the lookout for IDs and met up with about 3..really spent my whole Saturdays meeting them and viewing their completed projects :bangwall: So far I've gotten about 5 quotations from A & D, Plush Living, Earnest Interior, Image Cre*tive, Baroque Design. The quotations all hover ard 30K…trying to cut down the costs to about 26K (inclusive of aircon system 3, non-inverter)

My advice to all who are looking for IDs is to meet up with them first to discuss your requirements. Give the same set of requirements to the IDs and then compare apple for apple. Also ask to see their completed or work-in-progress projects..look at the workmanship for the carpentry, laying of tiles and floor laminates. When you read more and know more, you tend to ask the right questions and therefore chances are, the ID will know not to mess ard with you..hahaha!! There’s a reno fair coming up soon at Expo…big scale one. Not sure who will be there though but think sign up there can get free gifts :bangwall: Read more Home and Décor magazines to get inspiration & ideas (actually, our draft sketch was very similar to the IDs proposals…haha…but we are too lazy to get a contractor cos got to monitor a lot of things ourselves so getting ID instead).

Since many of us getting our keys soon and looking ard for IDs, shall we compile the list of IDs that we have visited to compare quotes to make sure that we are not being quoted differently? I’ll start the ball rolling first !!

ID Firms

Dear neighhours,

We have got our house keys today !!

Just to share some of the procedures:

1) To purchase fire insurance for the house on the same day where you get the house keys. The premium is about $10 per mth

2) Sign alot of documents with the officer.

3) Pay 3 months of conservancy charges before they give you the keys. 24 keys in total.

PS : They provide a really nice pouch for us to keep the keys !!

4) Sign up for SP services. Apparently, there is water and electricity supplies at all our flats. You just need to activate the main switch.

Some infor about the house:

1) Cant remove the tiles at the toilet for the next 3 years

2) There is a major defects form for us to check the house. Warranty for 1 year.

3) For those who are not married yet, we have up to 2009 to submit the marriage certificate.

!!

Hi Bethel,

My flat is 90sqm. Finally decided to hack the wall between the MBR and the adjacent room after much consideration...wanted to preserve the adjacent room actually but then I cant have my WIW...and I really need one cos I got alot of clothes! :bangwall: Haha...we were planning to keep the room for a kid in future but then again, we'll not have a kid so soon and even so there's another spare room to use.

Hi Bethel,

My flat is 90sqm. Finally decided to hack the wall between the MBR and the adjacent room after much consideration...wanted to preserve the adjacent room actually but then I cant have my WIW...and I really need one cos I got alot of clothes! :bangwall: Haha...we were planning to keep the room for a kid in future but then again, we'll not have a kid so soon and even so there's another spare room to use.

Hi Ikoice,

We are considering hacking the wall between the MBR and the adjacent room too as the MBR is really too small :bangwall: Then we will use this room for the WIW and as a study room

Have you obtained any quotation for the hacking of wall? We are afraid that it might be expenseive.