Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Bethel

Toa Payoh Blk 79 Kakis

Hey no worries. Like I say, just for discussion purpose.

Since no one has really move in yet, maybe free parking on Sun & PH till Jun 2008 then ? Compromise ?

anyway up to the town council to decide..

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

hi all..just met up with ID's wallpaper-cum-curtain agent.

he told us base on our window sizes (1 long 4-pane window (living) + 3 short 2-pane windows (rooms)), quote abt $600 to less than $1k...include rail, workmanship & can also choose European quality material for organza/curtain ..is it reasonable?

anyway up to the town council to decide..

Aiyoyo Central Horizon,

Good discussion, so 'Free' or 'Not Free', we put up the request aready you know. We cannot request to have 'Free' for 2 month and 'Not Free' for 3 months le, how?

FIY, town council is not taking care of the carpark, is the HDB Branch Office.

TPCRC2, may i confirm where the flea market will be held? in front of library? under our void deck or????????will it be too rush for 2 weeks before cny then clear things? btw, is it ok for schools to set up stalls too?

Dear Strawberry_pear,

If we confirm the flea market, it will be held under Blk 79 void deck, 16 Jan 08 is 3 week b4 CNY (wrong calculation earlier).

No, the flea market is only for residents to setup store, we do not engage others vendor to come in, as it is not a commercial event, but if the budget allowed, we can have some popcorn store setup. Residents can sell their secondhand book for the needy, and we will put up banner for publicity and help to bring crowd there.

ANNOUNCEMENT!

31 Dec 2007 - 2008 countdown party at Toa Payoh Central Amphiteheatre in front of library (yet to confirm)

5 Jan 08 to 21 Jan 08 - Trade Fair in front of library.

23 Feb 08 - Chingay @ the Heartlands 2008 (Finale for Chingay at Amphiteheatre)

Dear Strawberry_pear,

If we confirm the flea market, it will be held under Blk 79 void deck, 16 Jan 08 is 3 week b4 CNY (wrong calculation earlier).

No, the flea market is only for residents to setup store, we do not engage others vendor to come in, as it is not a commercial event, but if the budget allowed, we can have some popcorn store setup. Residents can sell their secondhand book for the needy, and we will put up banner for publicity and help to bring crowd there.

ANNOUNCEMENT!

31 Dec 2007 - 2008 countdown party at Toa Payoh Central Amphiteheatre in front of library (yet to confirm)

5 Jan 08 to 21 Jan 08 - Trade Fair in front of library.

23 Feb 08 - Chingay @ the Heartlands 2008 (Finale for Chingay at Amphiteheatre)

Dear All

I am Azura and I am going stay in Blk 79A 06-xx. I got this flat thru balloting. I have not received my loan application letter yet and I am really looking forward to receiving my keys! My ex-JC classmate staying in the same block recommended me to this forum to know my new neighbours and find IDs etc :dancingqueen:

I have been reading thru the threads and I cannot help but see the credits that this TPCRC2 member is trying to claim. :~

I am currently working with PA and dealing with GRLs. Many of my GRLs are salespersons, insurance agents, housing agents and financial advisors. They join wanting to know more people and expanding their customer pool at the same time. Many of them also want to get the recognition of the MP/ advisors and they are always trying to be at the right place at the right time. 8|

Most of the things that GRLs claim to do (for eg house warmings, letters to HDB. town councils etc) are actually done by PA staff. They simply order the staff to do all of these and claim credit for their own. So please TPCRC2, please do not tell everybody here that "YOU" wrote the letters to HDB. Honesty should be what you should be potraying if you would like to gain everybody's trust here. :notti:

If TPCRC2 really claims to be doing all these "for the good" of us new neighbours to the neighbourhood, please do not scrutinze this forum, let us settle down before you carry out all these business of yours. I think the proper avenue would be thru PA where the consituency office staff/ Senior Constituency Manager approaches us to promote community bonding before you GRLs suddenly pop in? Furthermore, I understand you are not staying in this block. How did you get to know about this forum in the very place? How can we trust you when you could probably have a hidden agenda behind all these? :)

If the MP/ advisor is really keen to know us, he could come visit us on a block visit when we've already settled in! Why should he send you guys as the forward parties to get to know us? :)

I am so sorry for all the grouse in my very first thread. Its just that I feel I need to let you new neighbours know the possible true colours of GRLs and not be taken in by all the things that this TPCRC2 claim to have done and could do for us, esp when most of the things are done by PA staff. :)

I would also like to add for the GRL who is reading this thread: I think you are doing this so that you can boast to your advisor that you have managed to get contact to all these new residents before anyone else can and claim credit for it. We will get to know the advisor in time to come. I do not feel comfortable being the puppet / tool for you to claim recognition. Let nature take its course and stop bogging us when most of us are still busy with matters of the house! Thank you. :deal:

Dear All

I am Azura and I am going stay in Blk 79A 06-xx. I got this flat thru balloting. I have not received my loan application letter yet and I am really looking forward to receiving my keys! My ex-JC classmate staying in the same block recommended me to this forum to know my new neighbours and find IDs etc :dancingqueen:

I have been reading thru the threads and I cannot help but see the credits that this TPCRC2 member is trying to claim. :)

I am currently working with PA and dealing with GRLs. Many of my GRLs are salespersons, insurance agents, housing agents and financial advisors. They join wanting to know more people and expanding their customer pool at the same time. Many of them also want to get the recognition of the MP/ advisors and they are always trying to be at the right place at the right time. 8|

Most of the things that GRLs claim to do (for eg house warmings, letters to HDB. town councils etc) are actually done by PA staff. They simply order the staff to do all of these and claim credit for their own. So please TPCRC2, please do not tell everybody here that "YOU" wrote the letters to HDB. Honesty should be what you should be potraying if you would like to gain everybody's trust here. :~

If TPCRC2 really claims to be doing all these "for the good" of us new neighbours to the neighbourhood, please do not scrutinze this forum, let us settle down before you carry out all these business of yours. I think the proper avenue would be thru PA where the consituency office staff/ Senior Constituency Manager approaches us to promote community bonding before you GRLs suddenly pop in? Furthermore, I understand you are not staying in this block. How did you get to know about this forum in the very place? How can we trust you when you could probably have a hidden agenda behind all these? :)

If the MP/ advisor is really keen to know us, he could come visit us on a block visit when we've already settled in! Why should he send you guys as the forward parties to get to know us? :)

I am so sorry for all the grouse in my very first thread. Its just that I feel I need to let you new neighbours know the possible true colours of GRLs and not be taken in by all the things that this TPCRC2 claim to have done and could do for us, esp when most of the things are done by PA staff. :deal:

I would also like to add for the GRL who is reading this thread: I think you are doing this so that you can boast to your advisor that you have managed to get contact to all these new residents before anyone else can and claim credit for it. We will get to know the advisor in time to come. I do not feel comfortable being the puppet / tool for you to claim recognition. Let nature take its course and stop bogging us when most of us are still busy with matters of the house! Thank you. 8|

Aiyoh, this is really a very strong message... :( Hmmm... What do u guys think har?

Btw, are we still going to ikea later? Pls PM/ SMS me can? (^_^) :notti:

Dear neighbours,

We have finally selected our ID :dancingqueen:

Will be going down to Balestier this Sun to select the floor tiles, kitchen accessories and toilet accessories. Going to burn a hole in the wallet.

And yes, he's bringing us to Indulge. Any tips or things to look out for? Do they accept credit card or can only pay by NETS?

Thanks

Aiyoh, this is really a very strong message... :~ Hmmm... What do u guys think har?

Btw, are we still going to ikea later? Pls PM/ SMS me can? (^_^) :dancingqueen:

First of all, welcome Azura as our new neighbour.

Hmm.... Whether TPCRC2 is claiming credit (as per what Azura said), I think that it is within their own internal affairs. What Azura shared is insightful to all of us on how those PA/GRC operate, but let's take it with a pinch of salt. Definitely each organisation has people who plays politics trying to please their boss or do the right thing at the right time. Nothing unusual to have people like that around us. I'm sure we also want to do the right thing in front of our boss to receive good appraisal for our year-end bonus or promotion.

Ultimately, whoever who rise up to serve the general welfare of our neighbour is one who would like to continue working with. Time will prove whether TPCRC2 is just talking big but no result. Or maybe he "simply order the staff to do all these" and later claim credit. That, I think we should not be too concern about. What we want is the end-result whether they can deliver their promise or not.

Since we are already united among ourselves, if we want to organise things, we can arrange ourselves. Otherwise, we can always go through the proper channel to liase with town council or branch office.

In the meantime, if we have concerns about :

- Parking issues on Sun/PH

- Flea market

- Reading class

If TPCRC2 wants to follow-up on this, I think we let him continue. Other new ideas or suggestions, we can continue to input via this forum. But let's carry on exercising our discretion if we want to entrust anyone to do it for us.

Anyway this is just my 2 cents worth of opinion.... + GST 7% = 2.14 cents opinion :notti:

Dear All

I am Azura and I am going stay in Blk 79A 06-xx. I got this flat thru balloting. I have not received my loan application letter yet and I am really looking forward to receiving my keys! My ex-JC classmate staying in the same block recommended me to this forum to know my new neighbours and find IDs etc ;)

I have been reading thru the threads and I cannot help but see the credits that this TPCRC2 member is trying to claim. :jawdrop:

Most of the things that GRLs claim to do (for eg house warmings, letters to HDB. town councils etc) are actually done by PA staff. They simply order the staff to do all of these and claim credit for their own. So please TPCRC2, please do not tell everybody here that "YOU" wrote the letters to HDB. Honesty should be what you should be potraying if you would like to gain everybody's trust here. ;)

If TPCRC2 really claims to be doing all these "for the good" of us new neighbours to the neighbourhood, please do not scrutinze this forum, let us settle down before you carry out all these business of yours. I think the proper avenue would be thru PA where the consituency office staff/ Senior Constituency Manager approaches us to promote community bonding before you GRLs suddenly pop in? Furthermore, I understand you are not staying in this block. How did you get to know about this forum in the very place? How can we trust you when you could probably have a hidden agenda behind all these? :dunno:

If the MP/ advisor is really keen to know us, he could come visit us on a block visit when we've already settled in! Why should he send you guys as the forward parties to get to know us? :bleah:

I am so sorry for all the grouse in my very first thread. Its just that I feel I need to let you new neighbours know the possible true colours of GRLs and not be taken in by all the things that this TPCRC2 claim to have done and could do for us, esp when most of the things are done by PA staff. :help:

I would also like to add for the GRL who is reading this thread: I think you are doing this so that you can boast to your advisor that you have managed to get contact to all these new residents before anyone else can and claim credit for it. We will get to know the advisor in time to come. I do not feel comfortable being the puppet / tool for you to claim recognition. Let nature take its course and stop bogging us when most of us are still busy with matters of the house! Thank you. :deal:

Wow, u had said wat i wanted 2 say, my credits u claim liao. ;) haha

i share e same view esp 'Let nature take its course and stop bogging us when most of us are still busy with matters of the house! Thank you. :deal:'

:D

Hi, if anyone know good and cheap reno contractor, please give me a note at "simeonfeng@yahoo.com". I'd like to start the reno once we collect the key. The problem is both me and wife are staying in Shanghai, so nobody can go down to discuss with contractors face to face.

Dear All

I am Azura and I am going stay in Blk 79A 06-xx. I got this flat thru balloting. I have not received my loan application letter yet and I am really looking forward to receiving my keys! My ex-JC classmate staying in the same block recommended me to this forum to know my new neighbours and find IDs etc ;)

I have been reading thru the threads and I cannot help but see the credits that this TPCRC2 member is trying to claim. :jawdrop:

I am currently working with PA and dealing with GRLs. Many of my GRLs are salespersons, insurance agents, housing agents and financial advisors. They join wanting to know more people and expanding their customer pool at the same time. Many of them also want to get the recognition of the MP/ advisors and they are always trying to be at the right place at the right time. :deal:

Most of the things that GRLs claim to do (for eg house warmings, letters to HDB. town councils etc) are actually done by PA staff. They simply order the staff to do all of these and claim credit for their own. So please TPCRC2, please do not tell everybody here that "YOU" wrote the letters to HDB. Honesty should be what you should be potraying if you would like to gain everybody's trust here. ;)

If TPCRC2 really claims to be doing all these "for the good" of us new neighbours to the neighbourhood, please do not scrutinze this forum, let us settle down before you carry out all these business of yours. I think the proper avenue would be thru PA where the consituency office staff/ Senior Constituency Manager approaches us to promote community bonding before you GRLs suddenly pop in? Furthermore, I understand you are not staying in this block. How did you get to know about this forum in the very place? How can we trust you when you could probably have a hidden agenda behind all these? :dunno:

If the MP/ advisor is really keen to know us, he could come visit us on a block visit when we've already settled in! Why should he send you guys as the forward parties to get to know us? :bleah:

I am so sorry for all the grouse in my very first thread. Its just that I feel I need to let you new neighbours know the possible true colours of GRLs and not be taken in by all the things that this TPCRC2 claim to have done and could do for us, esp when most of the things are done by PA staff. :help:

Hi Azura,

Welcome to Toa Payoh Central Division Community.

We are very sad to read all this comment, you are not very friendly, did we claim any credit over this forum, you have use one banboo stick to turn all the boats over, you must have a very bad exprience with others consituency before. May we suggest you call the Toa Payoh Central CC SCM Mdm Sandy @ 62546843 to find out more detail about Toa Payoh Central Community. Please do not judge the book by it cover.

We hope the rest of the neighbours do not mind we post a few question here:

1. How much $ do the GRLs draw from PA?

GRLs recieve no $ from PA, yet contribute time and money.

2. How much bonus $ PA or the adviser pay to GRLs if we got all the credit claim.

GRLs receive nothing, yet receive residents banding the door on us.

Azura, being a PA staff having educated at the JC of NUS, drawing Monthly Salary and Bonus from PA, please try your very best to help the GRLs to achieve the PA objective and goal instead of passing all this remark maybe just because you have bad exprence.

NOT all GRLs are perfect and not all Residents are friendy too. We try as much as possible, the choice is yours and the residents will know.

We do not wish to say anymore, this forum should be a friendly forum for Blk 79 Kakis.

...Saturday & Sunday will still be full of non-residents....

I bet, other than the carpark being filled with cars of non-residents, so will both gardens be filled with non-residents and probably smoking as well! ;)

BTW, any Blk B-ers gotten their documents yet?

I bet, other than the carpark being filled with cars of non-residents, so will both gardens be filled with non-residents and probably smoking as well! :dunno:

yep. coz unlike condos with security guards, the skygardens are public places.

morn to all my beloved new neigbhours... i'll be collecting my keys soon next week!!! :dancingqueen:

so happi happi....!!! Need to buy "wang lai" to roll in my new house liao... wuhahah....! :sport-smiley-004:

But i've not decided which ID to sign with yet... it's still a headache... :dunno:

waah. congrats! when did you hand in your loan application letter again? <start to count down liao>

hi mapleleaf, i'm frm block e unit 65..we got our keys last sat :dunno: but not going to start our reno till june08 as my hubby will be outstationed :(

waaahhh...another one!!! Congrats! The good thing about starting late is...you can check out the already-done ones and learn from our mistakes. hahaha