Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Bethel

Toa Payoh Blk 79 Kakis

hi guys i am staying at Blk 79D

today i was a careless as i left my slippers outside for my unit for a while and shut the door

after a while i want to go throw rubbish my slippers were gone!

better think twice guys if u wanna put ur stuff outside!:yamseng:!

looks like there are a lot of xiao tou in our blk...

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Hi Folks, can advise how your aircon trunking is run?

I am installing a system 4, and the aircon contractor say quite diffcult because of the beams (here and there)

And the gap between the beam and doorframe is too small for the trunking.

Hi Redhat,

I'm your up...up........stairs neighbour, have not gotten my keys yet. Which ID did you get? Thot they can advise you on aircon trunking. BTW, I'm interested to visit your unit to kaypoh and see for myself the layout leh...will you be ard on Thurs?

Heard many stories about how some aircon contractors just want to lay the trunking the most easiest way for them (or shortest thus cheaper for them way). So must insist that they must find a way acceptable to you.

today i was a careless as i left my slippers outside for my unit for a while and shut the door

Wow tweakmax, your slippers made of copper/silver/gold?

This is ridiculous! Slippers also want to take.

Do drop by on thurs as I will be there. U can see for urself on the reno.

i'm not sure we can make it on thurs, will you be there this weekends??? :P

slippers also wanna steal ar??? terrible leh...tsk tsk~~

haha~ see us y nv call us!:P:) think also quite late liao rite? cuz we juz went up to do some marking for our ID.wah.. ms_white think u are my home most frequent vistor still want to give me house warning ah... 8| u shld noe we really have no time to go up our new house... :(

i need to arrange with ebing. wat time we will be going dwn this thurs lor... think she book me to go temple go bai tai shui... so really need to cfm again... tght 23th we are meeting? :unsure:

if i am not wrong after this week, we will be waiting for acid wash and carpentry. :yamseng:

haha~ alister i also havent visit ur home b4 lor...i also want to go up kepo kepo... :wub:

hmmm.. thurs evening should be ok ba...

done... false ceiling, painting

now pending... install downlights n some bathroom acc, clean the house, laminate floor then wait for capentry... :P

hahaha! yeah..chrispy, ur hse is the least visited!! time for us to warm up ur house by having a mini house "warNing":notti: loL!! let us know when u're going up hor... btw, shay_d and s_pear's hubby saw u and ebing in tpy on sunday.

u know my unit ma... u can drop by with ur hb ma... busy with job hunting aft exam... so also dun have much time to drop by during weekday... plus need to do xmas shopping during wkends... sigh... :P

juz to share a experience too... i heard frm my painter once he alone inside painting cuz usually he will lock inside himself so no ppl can cum in disturb his work. then got once got 1 chinese guy cum to my unit to try and open the gate. he tght it was us or some1 send frm my id but after confirm with my id shld not be "kaki lang" i think he was scare... cuz he nv confront the idiot... anyway he also nv manage to open it.

think we really going to have a serious prob if we still dun do something. shld we first tell our RC abt our concern? :thumbs up:

think we really going to have a serious prob if we still dun do something...

I think there's only two things we all can do:

(1) Lock your gates no matter got anyone in the house or not; don't leave anything outside (unless you want the thief to help carry it away, like unwanted cardboards and empty paint cans...)

(2) Put up notices at all life lobbies (and inside the lift) to inform residents-to-be (and those thieves as well) of such cases, and to lock their doors at all times, in all four languages. And have it endorsed by the Police (have them print a very very big Police logo on the notice, for the thief-to-be to see).

(A bashed-up face of a apprehended 'thief' (with eyes blurred out) on an unofficial notice might also do the trick! Who wants to volunteer?)

Not sure if it is HDB or police's job to do the posters. Perhaps it is time to email our MP.

Also, the lower floor units (below the roof garden) are probably more susceptible to such thefts as the emergency staircases, with doors close, provides more cover for thieves as they can hide behind the doors without being easily seen.

Renotalk is bak 2 business again :)

Aiyo, sounds bad lei. Thieves :deal::P

Think frm now on WE HAVE TO BE REALLY VERY EXTRA KIASU, TAKE MORE PRECAUTIONS, BE SAFE THAN SORIE.

Think we olso try not 2 mention 2 much in e forum (such as wat is yor unit no., wen u will not b at yor unit, wat u had bought etc). Who noes thieves can use e forum s a platform for such info :(

As time goes by, more & more neighbors join renotalk. It had olso been quite sometime since e las meet-up. Y dun we organiz a mini gatherin/tour 4 us neighbors 2b?

We gather, self-intro, get 2 noe future neighbors, xchange ph. nos., tour 'show flats' (tour-guide is e owner of e respective flat) frm blk C dn 2 blk E.

Jus my suggestions.

:jawdrop:

Edited by jaCKY777

hihi all neighbours,

have not log in for a long time and finally get to read till the last page. seems like most of you have already confirm all the things and some have even completed the renovation. btw, i am from blk a :)

Hi Redhat,

I'm your up...up........stairs neighbour, have not gotten my keys yet. Which ID did you get? Thot they can advise you on aircon trunking. BTW, I'm interested to visit your unit to kaypoh and see for myself the layout leh...will you be ard on Thurs?

Heard many stories about how some aircon contractors just want to lay the trunking the most easiest way for them (or shortest thus cheaper for them way). So must insist that they must find a way acceptable to you.

Hi Carelinwen , did not chase HDB for your keys release? :)

I hope I can be around on thurs as I need to take some measurement... just feel free to pop in.

I have not confirm this aircon installer yet.

I just brought him up to my unit for a site survey.

When everything is more firm, will definately have him sit down together with my ID for further discussion.

haha~ see us y nv call us!:):good: think also quite late liao rite? cuz we juz went up to do some marking for our ID.wah.. ms_white think u are my home most frequent vistor still want to give me house warning ah... :D u shld noe we really have no time to go up our new house... :P

i need to arrange with ebing. wat time we will be going dwn this thurs lor... think she book me to go temple go bai tai shui... so really need to cfm again... tght 23th we are meeting? :D

if i am not wrong after this week, we will be waiting for acid wash and carpentry. :unsure:

haha~ alister i also havent visit ur home b4 lor...i also want to go up kepo kepo... :good:

wei...i only went up ur place twice niah...where got "frequent"...aiyoh!! :D

i'll be down tomorrow evening and thursday...anyone wanna come over are welcome too.

ya, meeting this 23rd...you and ebing are coming right?

wei...i only went up ur place twice niah...where got "frequent"...aiyoh!! :unsure:

i'll be down tomorrow evening and thursday...anyone wanna come over are welcome too.

ya, meeting this 23rd...you and ebing are coming right?

Hi Ms White

Wat time u will be there on thurs ? I will be going to mine @ 11am staying till 1pm. All are welcome as well. Juz identify urself.

Edited by alister

Hi Ms White

Wat time u will be there on thurs ? I will be going to mine @ abt 11am to 1pm. All are welcome as well. Juz identify urself.

oh i any time also can. u're there from 11am-1pm or will reach between 11am-1pm?.

Hi to all fellow 79ers!

Just got my keys this week for my 79E unit. Will be doing the usual "door opening" ceremony soon. As I'm very new & green to this reno thingy, just like to find out some info from fellow neighbors here before I start with all the major reno.

Any important defects I should be looking out for besides the "hollow tiles" mentioned by fellow 79ers?

What's this cement screeding thing all about? Will HDB be involved with this?

Am thinking of simple reno with budget of 20K max for 4 room 90 sqm, practical?

Have yet to source for ID/Contractors, any good ones to recommend?

Sorry for all the queries, very green to this!

Thanks again!

Hi to all fellow 79ers!

Just got my keys this week for my 79E unit. Will be doing the usual "door opening" ceremony soon. As I'm very new & green to this reno thingy, just like to find out some info from fellow neighbors here before I start with all the major reno.

Any important defects I should be looking out for besides the "hollow tiles" mentioned by fellow 79ers?

What's this cement screeding thing all about? Will HDB be involved with this?

Am thinking of simple reno with budget of 20K max for 4 room 90 sqm, practical?

Have yet to source for ID/Contractors, any good ones to recommend?

Sorry for all the queries, very green to this!

Thanks again!

hi meepok! u love to eat meepok eh? hee! welcome and congrats!

defects can go from hollow tiles (use coin/key to knock), cracked tiles, loose/too tight window hinges, house shelter handle can't turn up to 90deg when door's closed, leaking taps, unable to flush toilet bowl, switch plate is loose, switch not working, nail sticking out from the ceiling...the list goes on. BUT which are the ones they REALLY rectify is the biggest question. :)

cement screeding involves hdb's engaged contractors. u'll need to submit ur form asap to hdb branch office cos it might quite a long queue before ur screeding can be done. it'll be screeded up to 40mm max. from floor level. no payment is required by u so dun be conned if the workers ask for more $$. they'll cement screed ur entire house if u're doing full parquet or laminate. but they won't do the entire house or some areas if u're using tiles e.g. living room. most ppl cement screed their 3 rooms cos they're using laminate. the choice is yours.

$20k is possible for very simple reno. as for good contractors, i suggest u read back previous posts/pages and u'll find some useful tips to your enquiries. :unsure: hope all goes well for u!

Edited by ms_white

hi meepok! u love to eat meepok eh? hee! welcome and congrats!

defects can go from hollow tiles (use coin/key to knock), cracked tiles, loose/too tight window hinges, house shelter handle can't turn up to 90deg when door's closed, leaking taps, unable to flush toilet bowl, switch plate is loose, switch not working, nail sticking out from the ceiling...the list goes on. BUT which are the ones they REALLY rectify is the biggest question. :)

cement screeding involves hdb's engaged contractors. u'll need to submit ur form asap to hdb branch office cos it might quite a long queue before ur screeding can be done. it'll be screeded up to 40mm max. from floor level. no payment is required by u so dun be conned if the workers ask for more $$. they'll cement screed ur entire house if u're doing full parquet or laminate. but they won't do the entire house or some areas if u're using tiles e.g. living room. most ppl cement screed their 3 rooms cos they're using laminate. the choice is yours.

$20k is possible for very simple reno. as for good contractors, i suggest u read back previous posts/pages and u'll find some useful tips to your enquiries. :unsure: hope all goes well for u!

Hi ms-white!

Thanks for the advice! Yes, I like meepok very much indeed! :good:

I may not be doing any laminates at all in fact, all tiles for the entire flat. Trying to keep cost down, otherwise got to live like Korean after reno!!

So does that mean I need not get HDB to do the screeding if I'm not doing laminates?

From what I've been reading here and in SGbrides, seems like there are many bad IDs out there! Still deciding on either ID or contractors since I'm not very keen on those stylo-mylo designs anyway. Too many false ceilings, etc.

Heard there is a difference in fittings and finishing between those SERS and us balloting flats?

Will keep u guys posted after my "door opening" soon!

Thanks again!