Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Bethel

Toa Payoh Blk 79 Kakis

hi guys, one stupid Q: why do IDs always quote kerbs for the fridge and washing machine...do we need those esp. if using front load washing machine?

i'm thinking of using separate contractors. 1 to do floor, 1 do kitchen and sink stuff..what do you guys think?

What is the most economical way to do the kitchen sink without cabinets and the fancy stuff har? hmm..

lastly. do you ask the ID what brand of tiles/ hardness and stuff? i heard it's cheaper to get from the distributors in singapore directly...

Hi Happy!

People build kerbs b'cos they wash kitchen floors & want to make sure water does not spoil the appliances.

BTW, I didn't build any for my kitchen. In fact, I'm glad I didn't as I can shift the fridge & washing machine without problem as I dun need to carry it down or up in future (due to the base height).

As my fridge has wheels, I can wheel out and clean the base when I carryout springcleaning every CNY. :jawdrop:

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Chase them hard... chase them all the way... keep calling them... harass them.... send them pighead...

By the way, we just emailed them twice. :horse:

hahahha..... email? who u email and how do you write it? Can PM me the way to do it?

wanna check with those who overlay your toilets, do you also overlay the floor tiles? How much is it for each toilet to overlay both the wall and floor tiles?

hi coco_mybibi

I overlaid the toilet floor tiles and sprayed on wall effect for both toilets - $2,900. (vanity top, mirror, toilet accessories quoted separately)

Breakdown

------------

Supply materials & labour to lay special effect coating at both toilet wall - $2,200

Supply materials & labour to lay special effect coating at both toilet floor - $700

Supply & install 1 x 10mm shower screen at master toilet - $450

Design & fabricate vanitey cabinet with mirror approx 5ft - $450

Solid surface top 5ft - $350

Edited by alister

wanna check with those who overlay your toilets, do you also overlay the floor tiles? How much is it for each toilet to overlay both the wall and floor tiles?

~2k, vanity. mirror, basin & WC bowl not included.

All add up close to 3k for one toilet

hi guys, one stupid Q: why do IDs always quote kerbs for the fridge and washing machine...do we need those esp. if using front load washing machine?

i'm thinking of using separate contractors. 1 to do floor, 1 do kitchen and sink stuff..what do you guys think?

What is the most economical way to do the kitchen sink without cabinets and the fancy stuff har? hmm..

lastly. do you ask the ID what brand of tiles/ hardness and stuff? i heard it's cheaper to get from the distributors in singapore directly...

You may like to rethink the base if you are repositioning your washing machine....The base also serves as a structure to hide the drainage pipe from the washing machine to the original drainage outlet in the kitchen. I guess it will be quite unsightly to have exposed drainage pipes along the kitchen.

It also helps to protect your very expensive kitchen cabinets (if they go all the way to the floor). I already had an unfortunate incident where the water from my washing machine backflowed and the whole foor was flooded. Had it not been for the base, the cabinet would have been soaked in soap water for a while and who knows what will happen next!

Hi Gadgetman,

The quote does not include any lights at all.... Just installation

Just checked mine...but its very different cos the items are not the same...Some more mine include the cost of the downlights as well. The breakdown isn't so detailed, but the final price paid is $2590. This includes:

- 32 downlights - lights + points + installation etc etc

- 2 florescent light in the toilets - tubes + ballast + installation etc.

- Relocation of all switches and cables (including providing new switches and extension of lighting points etc (quite a bit or work come and think of it now...)

- Installation of other lights (Dining, Bedrooms, Kitchen, Toilets etc)

We don't have fans, or kitchen cabinet lights (already built into hood)...

Hope this is of some help....

hi coco_mybibi

I overlaid the toilet floor tiles and sprayed on wall effect for both toilets - $2,900. (vanity top, mirror, toilet accessories quoted separately)

so yours is about 1.5k for each toilet...does it include shower screen?

~2k, vanity. mirror, basin & WC bowl not included.

All add up close to 3k for one toilet

about 2k is quite exp...does it comes with shower screen too?

so yours is about 1.5k for each toilet...does it include shower screen?

about 2k is quite exp...does it comes with shower screen too?

3k include shower screen.

coco's 1.5k is really cheap for one toilet. Can try her contractor

Hi

I am new to this portal but find it very useful since I will renovate my Blk 79 unit very soon. Collect my keys after CNY. Anyone got reliable contractors / ID to recommend?

Hi

I am new to this portal but find it very useful since I will renovate my Blk 79 unit very soon. Collect my keys after CNY. Anyone got reliable contractors / ID to recommend?

Hey Tippy,

had replied in e thread u'd jus started.

Aniway, Welcome!

:dancingqueen:

Edited by jaCKY777

hi, juz to check hw many supermarket are there in tpy central? which supermarket has the most varieties in term of food? tot of cooking tonite, so had little time to explore the whole central.. :thumbs up:

:thumbs up:

hi, juz to check hw many supermarket are there in tpy central? which supermarket has the most varieties in term of food? tot of cooking tonite, so had little time to explore the whole central.. :)

Hi Yingsan

There are 3 supermarkets in TPY central, 1 shop and save, 2 NTUCs. I feel that NTUC (HDB Hub) offers the most variety.

Hope this helps! :(

:thumbs up:

Hi Yingsan

There are 3 supermarkets in TPY central, 1 shop and save, 2 NTUCs. I feel that NTUC (HDB Hub) offers the most variety.

Hope this helps! :(

hi zanie98

tks :) shall head to NTUC at HDB hub straight. :)

Hi

Hi Tippy,

Welcome. May I know which blk will you be staying?

:P