Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Bethel

Toa Payoh Blk 79 Kakis

Wa gadgetman, that's HUGE :dancingqueen:

Can u check if ur Jan bill is estimates ? If yes, then shld average out the bill. But $150 per mth is also quite a lot. My old hse only $60plus. I think I will also get a BIG bomb in the next bill as well.

My consumption pattern same as urs. I have dryer and water heater too. I suspect it's the dryer.

Can I ask how many times you will use the dryer each month and how long does it take to complete a run? Thanks!

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Hey euph0bear,

alister is rite.

Personally, i find e quotation kinda cheap. Even Contractor olso canot fight. 8|

FYI :

How 2 calculate floor tiling price ->

eg. master bedroom

- super shine homogeneous tile @ $3.50 per sq feet

- cement & sand & labour to lay @ $3.00

Total flooring price for master bedroom

= [(internal floor area of master bedroom + skirting)sqft + 10% wastage] x ($3.50 + $3.00)

How 2 calculate carpentry ->

eg. kitchen cabinet

- 10ft top kit cabinet @ $120 per foot run

- 10ft bottom cabinet @ $120 per foot run

- 10ft solid surface worktop @ $90 per foot run

Total price for kit cabinet = [(10 + 10)ft x $120] + (10ft x $90) = $3300

Note : e per foot run pricing varies frm IDs to IDs, Contractors to Contractors. But e method of computing shd b jus like e above s e minimum. Some ID/contractor may include e solid surface worktop $$$ into e carpentry, then states e solid surface is FREE.

:P

Thanks, jaCKY777 for your advise. I will be going down to confirm with them soon. If it's really that cheap, then I really "toa tan". :dancingqueen:

Wohoo! Finally got my keys today at 4.10pm. :bangwall:

Took around 40 minutes to settle everything. After that, immediately chiong into my new flat. :bangwall:

Upon stepping in, noticed that it is quite small, even for a so-call 90m². :P

Checked for defects and I'm glad to say nothing major found. :unsure: Will do a second round inspection this coming weekend.

Oh yah... I intend to change both toilets' doors (reason being normal doors too close to toilet bowl and will hit the tempered glass) into sliding or bifold ones. Any ideas how much is it?

Yup, I have read that thread before and it's almost "dead" to me. :P

The resident who started a blog engaging Substance also have not been updating her blog since last year. Perhaps something happened somewhere...

I'm also one resident from Substance who has started a blog and "dead" since last year... LOL!:notti:! 8|

We're finally going to have immediate neighbour!:notti: Finally our next door is taken~ Woohoo~8|

Can I ask how many times you will use the dryer each month and how long does it take to complete a run? Thanks!

Alister & gadgetman...how often do u guys use your dryer? I mean...the bill is astonishing! As you've seen my kitchen...we practically get ZERO sunlight...and though we've not gotten a dryer YET...we're still considering... Now that the $$$ is so big...I don't think we will be able to swallow that amount... :(

Edited by ms_white

Talking about power consumption of electrical appliances....I just got the shock of my life yesterday when I got my Feb utilities bill! The bill was only a mere $17 in Jan, but it BALLOONED to $300 in Feb!:notti: :notti: 8|:P

Don't know the exact cause of it now although electricity is the main contibutor at about $200 of the bill. Not sure, if it is due to under-reading of the meter in Jan and Feb is an accumulative sum or whatever. But my suspicion naturally draw to the two main culprits: The Dryer and the Water Heater! Aircon is innocent cause we hardly need to on it for the whole month.Will continue to monitor but people who wants to get heavy duty appliances powered by electricity: BEWARE!

Hi Gadgetman

I almost got a heart attach today as well. Log in to SP power to check my utilities bill for Feb 08. Electric charges was $105. In Jan 08, was only $0.73.

I'm using gas heater and the cost is only $13. Don't know how the electric bill can be so much as I hardly use the air-con last month. Only had it running for 1hour most nights. SP power using tempered meter izit 8|:(

How is this possible?? At my old place, I turn on 2 aircons everynight and the electric bill is only $140 avg. All new neighbours, please beware........

I'm also one resident from Substance who has started a blog and "dead" since last year... LOL!:notti:! :P

We're finally going to have immediate neighbour!:notti: Finally our next door is taken~ Woohoo~8|

Alister & gadgetman...how often do u guys use your dryer? I mean...the bill is astonishing! As you've seen my kitchen...we practically get ZERO sunlight...and though we've not gotten a dryer YET...we're still considering... Now that the $$$ is so big...I don't think we will be able to swallow that amount... 8|

Hi Ms White,

I don't think the dryer will contribute alot to electricity if you use it once a while. Something is wrong with our bills definitely cause i took out all the specs of all my frequently on electrical appliances, did the sums and no way i could have accumulated such usage. I'm waiting to verify my meter outside my house tom cause the meter door is stuck, cannot open....I wonder how the guy from SP meter open it.... Guess he anyhow punch in some figures into his machine.

I think we should all monitor our usage and feedback to those "Genius" in SP about how they derive the bill.

I'm also one resident from Substance who has started a blog and "dead" since last year... LOL!:notti:! :P

Alister & gadgetman...how often do u guys use your dryer? I mean...the bill is astonishing! As you've seen my kitchen...we practically get ZERO sunlight...and though we've not gotten a dryer YET...we're still considering... Now that the $$$ is so big...I don't think we will be able to swallow that amount... 8|

Hi Ms White, I use the dryer, at most twice a week. Aircon only switched on 2 times since moved in at end of Jan.

Juz got my bill. Meter reading taken on 20/2 - $222.

Major component is electricity. City Gas also not cheap. $37 for one mth usage. Think use gas cylinder cheaper at $20plus.

Mine went from $20 in Jan to $200 in Feb.

- aircon seldom use. Maybe less than 12hrs in a month to test if it is still operational.

- ceiling fans, only switch on when needed or overnite.

- lights, only switch on when needed.

- storage water heater, switch on when needed.

- don't have a dryer. It's windy here everyday so clothes dry easily without sun light.

- gas & water abt $50. Electricity abt $150.

I am also shocked. Trying to cut down on electricity but still went up to $100 plus.

If I switch on air-con everyday overnite, cannot imagine.

:notti:

Will have to wait March to see further. Maybe due to the rate as shown on the bill - 4rm and 5 rm rate different? Maybe they ask you to pay tis amt, you LL have to pay.

wah...all the bills are shocking...btw, during day time most of you all are out working right? if most of you are home by evening, i also don't see the bills being so high...

actually, could it be the lightings??? but then, they are suppose to be energy-saving... :deal:

some updates, reno had began for me...will be having headaches soon too...hahaha...

today will be the tiling works...will be going up after work...

and...we've decided to overlay our toilets...i see the orange toilet, i cannot take it lah... :sport-smiley-004:

Edited by sushibabe

wah...all the bills are shocking...btw, during day time most of you all are out working right? if most of you are home by evening, i also don't see the bills being so high...

actually, could it be the lightings??? but then, they are suppose to be energy-saving... :deal:

some updates, reno had began for me...will be having headaches soon too...hahaha...

today will be the tiling works...will be going up after work...

and...we've decided to overlay our toilets...i see the orange toilet, i cannot take it lah... :sport-smiley-004:

For me, my bill is abit skewed. That's bcos my wife's on maternity leave and there was more cooking, washing, switching on of lights late into the nite etc.

I will look out for my next bill. Will check meter reading to match the bills as well.

Hi, it just strike my mind... anyone doing solar film for the windows? Do the facing of our house needs it?

Probably the one in 79A facing to the Bishan side needed it as it encounted the west sun direct

all the bills are getting shocking, how could that be? they anyhow estimate the reading is it? I think I will record the meter reading everyday till the bill comes and compare against it.

Hi, it just strike my mind... anyone doing solar film for the windows? Do the facing of our house needs it?

I intend to do that but I have not started to source for it yet. Maybe will just buy and stick it on our own.

Edited by coco_mybibi