Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Bethel

Toa Payoh Blk 79 Kakis

Hi Shivan

Mine is also the sliding grills. I think not advisable to use fixed ones as u might need to access the glass windows in future to clean. Who knows, the govt will force us to change rivets again ? :P

ya lor, their mistake we bear lor. :bangwall:

wat's new!!

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Hi meepok,

We only need 1 KITT.. :sport-smiley-004:

Eh, what is 'KITT'?

Hana> If you don't mind, can share how much your bath tub cost? Best if got picture. :)

Edited by Seaswirl

...punks making a din at the 12th floor sky garden are students in uniform... white & dark blue... anyone knows which school?...

Only way is to take photo or video, identify the school, then shoot letter to the school's principal, the NPP, and then (most important) Straits Time Forum (or largie better Wanbao with the colourful photos)...

confirm you will see the principal (or the teacher) patrolling there at night...

my wife got her slippers stolen yesterday. 2nd time already, first time was my slippers..but amazingly it was returned to my flat one week later. :P

I disagree with the way some ppl are criticising the police as if they are all 'one kind'. I don't think there's a real understanding of the SPF shown. There are some 'bad eggs' but that doesn't make them all wayang or incompetent or bo chap. And the fact that they don't walk along the 40 storeys of our 5 blocks as well as the other hundreds of blocks isn't because they are simply too lazy to walk.

Ideally we would have enough policemen to patrol everywhere frequently and nab teen vandals and slipper/bicycle/doorbell thieves but I wonder if that is a realistic expectation.

If they are being sent to look out for that fella from Whitley as well as do their normal work of course we can still ask them to chase students at the sky garden - it's still their job... but don't expect to see long queues at the police recruitment centre.

Can pay those supervisors that keeps on asking people to become jagar :notti:

Hi,

Given a choice, no house owners in their right mind would want to be a "Jagar". But since we have to call central horizon home for at least the next 5 years, I guess majority of us wouldn't mind being more proactive and alert in order to keep our little community safe especially with the less than efficient police just lazing around the corner.

However, if you are unable to align with our views, just PM us your unit number. We will try to "Ba Bo Dok" or pretend not to see should there be people fooling around near your unit :P:P:P

I disagree with the way some ppl are criticising the police as if they are all 'one kind'. I don't think there's a real understanding of the SPF shown. There are some 'bad eggs' but that doesn't make them all wayang or incompetent or bo chap. And the fact that they don't walk along the 40 storeys of our 5 blocks as well as the other hundreds of blocks isn't because they are simply too lazy to walk.

Ideally we would have enough policemen to patrol everywhere frequently and nab teen vandals and slipper/bicycle/doorbell thieves but I wonder if that is a realistic expectation.

If they are being sent to look out for that fella from Whitley as well as do their normal work of course we can still ask them to chase students at the sky garden - it's still their job... but don't expect to see long queues at the police recruitment centre.

Hi,

I believe most of us respected the SPF in the older days when we were younger. But being more educated and more widely travelled, many locals have began to lose respect and faith in our SPF. I don't deny they look good in all their brand new (never been used) body armour, weapons and shiny new impreza police cars, however, they are really a far cry from their compatriots in places like Australia. How to respect them when a good majority of them practises Tai Chi 13th stroke from the top brass to the bottom (guys will know because we served NS...haha).

In the past, used to see them cycle round housing estates on bicycles but these days, hardly see them walking round housing estates. Only notice many of them strolling in shopping centres and airport in air-con comfort. Guess we just have to wait for another big "Honest Mistake" to be committed at blk 79 before they will wake up their idea :P

Edited by Pooh_75

A side topic for SERS affected people - I heard we can sell our flats by year 2010. That's b'cos our date starts from the day we booked our flats with HDB.

Not that I am thinking of selling. I still love blk 79 & the neighbours I got to know in the forum.

Edited by alister

A side topic for SERS affected people - I heard we can sell our flats by year 2010. That's b'cos our date starts from the day we booked our flats with HDB.

Not that I am thinking of selling. I still love blk 79 & the neighbours I got to know in the forum.

yep, during the handing over of keys, the HDB officer also told us that we can sell 7 yrs fr selection for Sers, hence shd be in 2011.

same like u, dun think we will sell, cos we simply love this location! :good:

Hi,

I believe most of us respected the SPF in the older days when we were younger. But being more educated and more widely travelled, many locals have began to lose respect and faith in our SPF. I don't deny they look good in all their brand new (never been used) body armour, weapons and shiny new impreza police cars, however, they are really a far cry from their compatriots in places like Australia. How to respect them when a good majority of them practises Tai Chi 13th stroke from the top brass to the bottom (guys will know because we served NS...haha).

In the past, used to see them cycle round housing estates on bicycles but these days, hardly see them walking round housing estates. Only notice many of them strolling in shopping centres and airport in air-con comfort. Guess we just have to wait for another big "Honest Mistake" to be committed at blk 79 before they will wake up their idea :P

People are more educated nowadays thus not scared of the police anymore. Police go up to a person and next thing you hear, the person will say "I know law hor..." or "later I complain to your superior".

As a service orientated job, police are most afraid of complain. Complain = no pay raise and promotion for 3 years for police officer. So you think police like to be proactive and make a report in everything they see? Same thing applies in jobs such as teacher. In the past, teachers can give you one tight slap if you made a grief a mistake. Now, one slap and you can say bye bye to your job. It's a realistic life, you work like a horse throughout your life, kanna 1 complain and that's it.

That's why there's a police recruitment drive. Police officers are quitting and nobody is signing up. Trust me, one day our police officers will be foreigners soon.

Hi TPY,

Please feel free to direct your questions on the professionalism of the Singapore Police Force to the following:

Name : Mr Wong Kan Seng

(Deputy Prime Minister and Minister for Home Affairs)

Constituency : Bishan-Toa Payoh GRC

Address : Ministry of Home Affairs, New Phoenix Park 28 Irrawaddy Road Singapore 329560

Tel : 64786000

Fax : 62549297

Email : wong_kan_seng@mha.gov.sg

- Wow! :jawdrop:

- So serious?

- Wait after sent in ur queries, kana mark.

- Any 'anybao' frm gahment, wil b e 1st 1 2b out of e list.

:lol:

Hi tension,

I m curious too. Maybe he / she is not staying here, that is why he / she may not understand our situation.

:P

Aiya.

- Stay at 79 anot is not e pt.

- e pt is whether is there 'bonding', 'neighbourhood watch' & 'kampung spirit' amongst neighbours.

- which i think some ppl dun hav.

- those ppl who dun hav, wil b e 1s commenting dat others r too kiasi or kiasu.

- those ppl who dun hav, wil b e 1s who may not hav good neighbours & frnds.

- those ppl who dun hav, wil b e 1s not invited 4 hse-warming, parties, outings etc by 79 neighbours.

- those ppl who dun hav, ...

:wacko:

However, if you are unable to align with our views, just PM us your unit number. We will try to "Ba Bo Dok" or pretend not to see should there be people fooling around near your unit :P:P:P

:good::idea:

yep, during the handing over of keys, the HDB officer also told us that we can sell 7 yrs fr selection for Sers, hence shd be in 2011.

same like u, dun think we will sell, cos we simply love this location! :good:

- Then wat abt non-SERS? Those balloted in aug05? Those balloted in feb08?

- Can sell in 2010 or 2011?

- now is may2008, by jun2010 its only 2 yrs.

- if can sell by 2010 for aug05 ppl, then i 'gin gin' 'chincai chincai' reno liao.

- rent out 4 2 yrs, then sell wen time is rite.

- huat ah!

:idea:

That's why there's a police recruitment drive. Police officers are quitting and nobody is signing up. Trust me, one day our police officers will be foreigners soon.

- i wana sign up 1, but they dun wan mi lei.

- foreigners?

- wonder which country can get cheaper labour?

:(

Edited by jaCKY777

TPY, i find that ur post is not really helpful since 4 months ago when u chided forumer for being over suspicious for losing things.

and now the 'advice' for sky garden.

Prevention is better than cure.

we do not just sit and wait for things to happen right?

who likes to be jajar? No one.

but the security in new blks is really unsafe even though thhe police station is juat beside the blk.

Good day to u.

----------------------

Toppie, $700+ is most likely partial of his commission, not for workers.

the amt the co. quoted for ur works is already mark up by duno how many %.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Went back to chk my house till plus pm now. Feeling so tired. The painting still very bad. I'm already prepared to close my eyes on the other rooms since it is of lighter shade. But the darker room's contrast is simply too obvious to be ignore. The ID will be asking the painter to come down later again. He told my hubby:" You and I will stay till the painting is done, then you can pay the last instalment and sign the handover agreement".

We told him, the paint would need at least a day to completely dry up and see the shade. Never seen an ID so irritating and pushy. Tmr when you all visit my house, you all can help me check on the defects and look out for "tear liked" paint. Please PM me if you all have time to help me inspect. I should be in around

pm tmr

i can go and visit u after i am done with my painting. will sms u. =)

babymaro, tmr i want to see ur rack, sms me what time is convenient, i am availiable 3pm..

Went back to chk my house till plus pm now. Feeling so tired. The painting still very bad. I'm already prepared to close my eyes on the other rooms since it is of lighter shade. But the darker room's contrast is simply too obvious to be ignore. The ID will be asking the painter to come down later again. He told my hubby:" You and I will stay till the painting is done, then you can pay the last instalment and sign the handover agreement".

We told him, the paint would need at least a day to completely dry up and see the shade. Never seen an ID so irritating and pushy. Tmr when you all visit my house, you all can help me check on the defects and look out for "tear liked" paint. Please PM me if you all have time to help me inspect. I should be in around

pm tmr

Hi Toppie,

You are really tolerant with your ID.. If it was us, we would have lodged

a complain with his company immediately. :furious:

If you can, do meet earlier tomolo if possible. My reno is also in the near completion

stage..Will need your help to look out for defects too..

So far 2 other 79ers have confirmed the house house visit besides u & babymaro.

Cya all tomolo~~ :yamseng: