Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Bethel

Toa Payoh Blk 79 Kakis

Hi Meepok,

My main bedroom ceiling directly above my bed also have a long crack line!!! But so far no leakage yet... Does it mean that my neighbour above also did the same thing?? :(

Hi Droplets,

Mine was after water seepage then the crack line appeared... before that no crack line...

Maybe u want to check with the Service Center? Your above unit occupied? :dunno:

Cos I believe if your upstairs did the same thing, water would have already came thru'...

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Just came back from seeing doc at the Raffles Medical downstairs for my cough and strain on my hand.

Verdict:

really really really really lousy and **** expensive even though its corporate rate. :furious::furious::furious: The doctor is machiam like been there to pass time nia. Let people wait very long and consultation sibei fast. Tell him about the strain on my hand after my RT, he just brush me off saying it will heal by itself. like chasing me away like that. TMD. I will never go there again and I will not recommend neighbours to go there too. :furious::furious::furious::furious:

Me and hubby just went to Raffles Medical last week too cos' we kenna food poisoning.

I only went cos' my hubby thought he gets "corporate rates".

Otherwise, I'll prefer to go to a more family clinic type. (The type where the docs are the owners and not just doing a shift.)

Anyway, we won't recommend it to neighbours too.

The doc is so-so only. (Passable ... barely)

The cost for such minor consults is too ex I feel. Our bills came up to be $33 and $38 each. 8|

My regular family doc only charges $26 and is a much, much nicer doc.

So we are still on the lookout for a family doc.

Any one tried the clinic at 79D?E? beside Eu Yan Sang? Any verdict?

hi neighbours with kiddos, i've got a lot of milk samples from my paediatrician cos he got lots of stocks. pls refer below and should u want any, i'll pass to u!:dancingqueen:

1. pediasure vanilla flavor: 1 pc

expiry date: 26th Oct 2008

2. pediasure golden honey flavor(from 1 to 10 years): 2pcs

expiry date: 21st July 2009

3. Nestle NAN 3 premium junior follow up formula(from 10 months to 3 years): 4pcs

expiry date: 19th September 2008

4. Gain IQ Growing Up Milk(from 1 year onwards): 3pcs

expiry date: 22nd Feb 2009

5. Grow Vanilla (3 years onwards): 2 pcs

expiry date: 6th Nov 2009

6. Grow Chocolate(3 years onwards): 5pcs

expiry date: 12th November 2009

these formulas are good when u are bringing your kids out cos its in travel pack and packed for one serving per use. just sharing here since its free! can pm me if u need ok?

Me and hubby just went to Raffles Medical last week too cos' we kenna food poisoning.

Otherwise, I'll prefer to go to a more family clinic type. (The type where the docs are the owners and not just doing a shift.)

The cost for such minor consults is too ex I feel. Our bills came up to be $33 and $38 each. 8|

hi seaswirl, i think the "My Family" Clinic downstairs is quite good!!! doc v patient and rates are very reasonable too!!

Hi Droplets,

Mine was after water seepage then the crack line appeared... before that no crack line...

Maybe u want to check with the Service Center? Your above unit occupied? :dunno:

Cos I believe if your upstairs did the same thing, water would have already came thru'...

Wat inconsiderate neighbours up there ah. You got ask the service center to rectify the crack line in your ceiling after the water seepage? Are they gonna do anything?

I dun think he is even passable lor. :furious::furious:

He din really take a look at my problems and examine... Like write recommendation for medicine and pass to his nurse... tmd like that I also can be a doctor.... :furious::furious::furious:

freaking expensive... i tot corp rate shd be cheaper... i can't imagine how much i will need to pay if non-corp rate. :jawdrop::jawdrop:

Hi Droplets,

Yes occupied!!! I've drop a note to HDB and will wait for their advise

hi neighbours with kiddos, i've got a lot of milk samples from my paediatrician cos he got lots of stocks. pls refer below and should u want any, i'll pass to u!:dancingqueen:

1. pediasure vanilla flavor: 1 pc

expiry date: 26th Oct 2008

2. pediasure golden honey flavor(from 1 to 10 years): 2pcs

expiry date: 21st July 2009

3. Nestle NAN 3 premium junior follow up formula(from 10 months to 3 years): 4pcs

expiry date: 19th September 2008

4. Gain IQ Growing Up Milk(from 1 year onwards): 3pcs

expiry date: 22nd Feb 2009

5. Grow Vanilla (3 years onwards): 2 pcs

expiry date: 6th Nov 2009

6. Grow Chocolate(3 years onwards): 5pcs

expiry date: 12th November 2009

these formulas are good when u are bringing your kids out cos its in travel pack and packed for one serving per use. just sharing here since its free! can pm me if u need ok?

hi seaswirl, i think the "My Family" Clinic downstairs is quite good!!! doc v patient and rates are very reasonable too!!

Went to "My Family" Clinic just now, cos having flight fever and sorethroat. find the Dr Goh is nice, very patience and polite. he did thorough check up for me. i wouldn't say the price there is cheap, but it is very reasonable! :thumbs up:

Hi meepok,

Shocked to hear your case, flooding the whole house!!!what were these people thinking???

It scary how we are at the mercy of our neighbours up/down/right/left. We just had a close call 2 Sats ago too. Our upstairs neighbour was undergoing painting and minutes after we left our unit (for a quick visit), our tiler whom was finishing up the toilets noticed whitish water dripping from the pipes above. HB went back armed with camera to shoot the water dripping and send letter to branch office, so very fast inspection was carried out on Mon and in the end we found that the elbow joint which drains from their common toilet bath area had been cracked. Most prob they encountered choking and had crack the joint while trying to clear it using 'brute strength'.

So the fibreboard boxing up the pipes had to be cut and the elbow joint was cut and replaced by HDB. Lucky my toilet not completed and my ID was helpful to touch up on the HDB's horrible plaster work.

Shay_d, Seaswirl,

Weather's not good, lots of people getting sick. do take care and drink more water. Actually I prefer not to visit doctors at the central unless no other choice. I have tried Jireh at Lor 4 market when my usual doctor at Lor 5 is on leave. For common aliments he's ok and rates are at the twentys.

Wat inconsiderate neighbours up there ah. You got ask the service center to rectify the crack line in your ceiling after the water seepage? Are they gonna do anything?

Hi Dracula,

I've called up a Mr Ng from HDB and he assured me that my ceiling won't collapse on me due to this stupid act... just that I got to keep a lookout should my L-boxes or false ceiling turns mouldy... what will leak has already leaked the other day... as long as the same act is not repeated, even after the tiles are laid, I should be alright. The flooring in the flat are not meant to be flooded this way, unless suay suay aircon got big leakage!

The owners were still very apologetic about the whole matter... just ignorant of the consequences... now they know better... I hope!

They've mentioned that they'll compensate for whatever damages to my flat due to this flooding incident. Will get them to sign a black & white as well... :bangwall:

Hi Dracula,

I've called up a Mr Ng from HDB and he assured me that my ceiling won't collapse on me due to this stupid act... just that I got to keep a lookout should my L-boxes or false ceiling turns mouldy... what will leak has already leaked the other day... as long as the same act is not repeated, even after the tiles are laid, I should be alright. The flooring in the flat are not meant to be flooded this way, unless suay suay aircon got big leakage!

The owners were still very apologetic about the whole matter... just ignorant of the consequences... now they know better... I hope!

They've mentioned that they'll compensate for whatever damages to my flat due to this flooding incident. Will get them to sign a black & white as well... :bangwall:

Wah B&W somemore ah.... scary man... i dun want a neighbour like meepok....

Hehe.... :bleah:

At least they know its their mistake and dun do the same stupid thing again. Haiz..... lata they come in the forum also see this topic ah. Hehe.... :D

Hope other neighbours wun do the same thing again. Lucky my neighbour up, down, left, right all occupied before i came in.

Yes occupied!!! I've drop a note to HDB and will wait for their advise

Hi Droplets,

I think you can report to the service centre downstairs, the response will be faster. Just give them a call during office hours at 6256-4365 :yamseng:

Hi meepok,

Shocked to hear your case, flooding the whole house!!!what were these people thinking???

It scary how we are at the mercy of our neighbours up/down/right/left. We just had a close call 2 Sats ago too. Our upstairs neighbour was undergoing painting and minutes after we left our unit (for a quick visit), our tiler whom was finishing up the toilets noticed whitish water dripping from the pipes above. HB went back armed with camera to shoot the water dripping and send letter to branch office, so very fast inspection was carried out on Mon and in the end we found that the elbow joint which drains from their common toilet bath area had been cracked. Most prob they encountered choking and had crack the joint while trying to clear it using 'brute strength'.

So the fibreboard boxing up the pipes had to be cut and the elbow joint was cut and replaced by HDB. Lucky my toilet not completed and my ID was helpful to touch up on the HDB's horrible plaster work.

Shay_d, Seaswirl,

Weather's not good, lots of people getting sick. do take care and drink more water. Actually I prefer not to visit doctors at the central unless no other choice. I have tried Jireh at Lor 4 market when my usual doctor at Lor 5 is on leave. For common aliments he's ok and rates are at the twentys.

Hi Carelinwen,

I suppose you're very right... we are at their mercy! :bangwall:

Lucky you had it rectified fast... any delay would have caused further damage :jawdrop:

Hi Droplets,

I think you can report to the service centre downstairs, the response will be faster. Just give them a call during office hours at 6256-4365 :yamseng:

I shall do that than. The unit above mine as completed their reno. Initially I tot the crack line was nothing serious till i saw yr post! :jawdrop:

Wah B&W somemore ah.... scary man... i dun want a neighbour like meepok....

Hehe.... :bleah:

At least they know its their mistake and dun do the same stupid thing again. Haiz..... lata they come in the forum also see this topic ah. Hehe.... :D

Hope other neighbours wun do the same thing again. Lucky my neighbour up, down, left, right all occupied before i came in.

haha yah, I will sue the pants off all draculas & vampires! 8|:dancingqueen:

better to protect ourselves loh... got black & white at least can show sincerity mah... not say we don't trust their words but nowadays talk is very cheap and inflation very high!!

Boh pian also if come in this forum and see... just make sure don't repeat the same foolish act again loh... I also don't wish for major damages... $$ doesn't go into my pocket anyway... the less trouble the better for both parties!! Then can still be good neighbours after this mishap mah :sport-smiley-003:

My posting here is just to forewarn fellow neighbours who have yet to start their reno... like they say in Hokkien, "kiang du hoe, mai kay kiang" :bow::bow::bow:

haha yah, I will sue the pants off all draculas & vampires! 8|:dancingqueen:

better to protect ourselves loh... got black & white at least can show sincerity mah... not say we don't trust their words but nowadays talk is very cheap and inflation very high!!

Boh pian also if come in this forum and see... just make sure don't repeat the same foolish act again loh... I also don't wish for major damages... $$ doesn't go into my pocket anyway... the less trouble the better for both parties!! Then can still be good neighbours after this mishap mah :sport-smiley-003:

My posting here is just to forewarn fellow neighbours who have yet to start their reno... like they say in Hokkien, "kiang du hoe, mai kay kiang" :bow::bow::bow:

- think i belong 2 e 1st half of e phrase 'kiang du hoe', cos i havnt do my reno. :notti:

aniway,

- after finding out abt meepok's 'water seepage' thingy, i wen 2 double check my own unit.

- 2 my horror & surprise, i saw a watermark on e bedrm ceiling stretching frm 1 end 2 e other. Basically, it divides e bedrm in2 half, jus inches beside e light holder. It starts frm jus above e window pane 2 e ceiling then all e way on e ceiling 2 e other side of e rm, it stops exactly at e beam.

- without hesitate, i do a thorough visual & physical check on all ceiling & walls.

- all bedrms got cracks in e wall, e worse is middle bedrm with walls & ceiling affected.

- immediately, i wen 2 e HDB Service Centre at 79C.

- add e items of cracks & watermark in2 my defects list.

- their reply was dat they wil check & do e necessary rectifications.

- i demanded them 2 get it done asap & they had better 2 do a gd & clean job.

- if there is stil watermark & crackline in e walls & ceiling after rectifications, base on my construction knowledge & level of understanding, 'hdb' had not done a proper & gd job.

- i wil then hav 2 go in2 higher authority, which i hope i do not hav 2.

- cant imagine we lesse of hdb affordable public housing, who pay such high a price for a unit, get 'such standards of finishes'.

- after this incident, i had some chat with my contractor frnds who had done quite a nos. of units in 79. They r not surprise by my complain. Told mi dat they had came across alot of such cases on walls & ceilings with cracklines.

- if photos were 2 publicize, think e value of e flats wil drop. Its best 4 mi not 2 post.

:no::curse::fire: