Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Bethel

Toa Payoh Blk 79 Kakis

Hi Shivan, tks for the lobang. Got my PS3 from Ah Lim. Has to say it's quite a gd buy but too bad he is restocking so cant get any games from him. Now I am waiting to get MGS4 from him. :sport-smiley-004:

Btw any1 plays Fifa08? Just got it and am trying hard to get used to it (am used to winning eleven). ;)

No problem! Was there yesterday, he said all the latest games for PS3 will be in from 25 June. :deal:

:yamseng:

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Gossip of e day

Hey Dracula,

- u stil wan e 'hello kitty' softtoy?

- its stil available.

:unsure:

Hi Jacky999,

When can i go ur place to collect? I PM you but no reply leh :D

Thanks.

Hi all Toa Payoh Blk 79 kakis

Will be joining the neighbourhood soon. Glad to share in this forum. :yamseng:

Welcome low_amanda! :notti:

Hi all neighbours, I believe a lot of u r using homo tiles. Would like to check something. Does it feel a bit 'sharp' at the sides of the tiles after laying?

Another thing is has any of u done up vanity tops for the toilets? The basin seems to be protruding if u look from the doorway, especially the MBR loo. Dunno whether this will hinder?

Tks!!! :D

Hi Vlanze,

The sharp edges are because of the tiles warping. When u get ur tiles from the few shops at balestier, remember to ask if the tiles will warp. From what i heard, some tiles will warp because of manufacturing and not because of the tiler or the cement flooring. So just ask before confiming ur design of the tiles. I personally prefer the sales ppl and tiles at Hafary (straight forward and know their product well).

Anyway i not from Hafary ah.... :notti:

Edited by Dracula

Hi Vlanze,

The sharp edges are because of the tiles warping. When u get ur tiles from the few shops at balestier, remember to ask if the tiles will warp. From what i heard, some tiles will warp because of manufacturing and not because of the tiler or the cement flooring. So just ask before confiming ur design of the tiles. I personally prefer the sales ppl and tiles at Hafary (straight forward and know their product well).

Anyway i not from Hafary ah.... :notti:

dracula,

i am not as lucky... my tiles from hafary too... warp like siao... haiz... :bangwall:

Not yet...gonna be getting hopefully by the wkend. Still thinking between PES2008 and Fifa08. :sport-smiley-004:

MGS4 @ 71 bucks? Where? I was at Funan yesterday walking through all the shops....all ard 85 bucks.

Sorry for the late reply.

It's on the floor (forgot 4th or 5th floor) just beside the foodcourt. It's run by a couple of fellas (one almost bald uncle and 1 young chap). Think the name of the shop starts with 'Z'. I bought my PES2008 there for $69 only!

Hey ryuki,

- 2 mi, i find e hinges not necessary.

- if e 'burglar' can remove e existing hinges, technically, 'they' can olso remove e new hinges.

- basically, e principle of e existing & new hinges is e same.

- btw, u stil wan e 12mm thk. 4ft x 2ft black tinted tempered glass?

- its stil in my store rm.

Hello,

Will u be free tmr? Can i collect from u?

Btw, my neighbour threw the door le.. so sorry

I think this may have been discussed before...

Which is better for TPY Blk 79? Singnet ADSL or Starhub Cable?

Any other recommendation, Pacnet, M1, etc?

Oh,anyone would like a door before we dispose it? This is from the MBR bathroom, left swing if you're coming into the bathroom.

Hi think it's a bit hard to tell for now which is better. Cos most of the residents of 79 have not moved in yet thus the bandwidth for Starhub is not 'shared' that much. A good gauge I always use is the freebies they throw in. Singnet is becoming more aggressive now. However I dun believe in the 'dedicated' bandwidth which Singnet has been selling cos bandwidth is a shared resource. End of the day, u have to make the call.

Notice why I nvr mention the other 2 providers. Pacnet has a history of bad connection and as for M1, well they are more into mobile phone network. I always believe in going to old sch.

Just my thoughts....hope it helps. :thumbs up:

I think this may have been discussed before...

Which is better for TPY Blk 79? Singnet ADSL or Starhub Cable?

Any other recommendation, Pacnet, M1, etc?

Oh,anyone would like a door before we dispose it? This is from the MBR bathroom, left swing if you're coming into the bathroom.

Np, now I have another place to get my games. :sport-smiley-004:

Sorry for the late reply.

It's on the floor (forgot 4th or 5th floor) just beside the foodcourt. It's run by a couple of fellas (one almost bald uncle and 1 young chap). Think the name of the shop starts with 'Z'. I bought my PES2008 there for $69 only!

dracula,

i am not as lucky... my tiles from hafary too... warp like siao... haiz... :bangwall:

meowie49,

sometimes also hard to say ah. Manufacture different batch also will kena warping also ah. It also depends alot on luck and a good tiler to do the job. :D

Mine i have not removed the corrugated paper yet. so when its up then i can see the warping.

Hi think it's a bit hard to tell for now which is better. Cos most of the residents of 79 have not moved in yet thus the bandwidth for Starhub is not 'shared' that much. A good gauge I always use is the freebies they throw in. Singnet is becoming more aggressive now. However I dun believe in the 'dedicated' bandwidth which Singnet has been selling cos bandwidth is a shared resource. End of the day, u have to make the call.

Notice why I nvr mention the other 2 providers. Pacnet has a history of bad connection and as for M1, well they are more into mobile phone network. I always believe in going to old sch.

Just my thoughts....hope it helps. :thumbs up:

Np, now I have another place to get my games. :sport-smiley-004:

I believe in Singnet more from experience. When I was on starhub (blk 28), I was not able to watch any clips on youtube as it was lagging badly. My boss had the same experience and he stays in Pasir Ris. He changed to Singnet & he has no issue after that.

I am now with Singnet and I have no problem with watching youtube as well (and I watched it every night). I am now watching movie online on www.youku.com and no issue as well.

Starhub is definitely a shared services. As the blk gets more crowded, the bandwidth will be shared and u will start to experience slowness.

Singnet sells dedicated bandwidth to their exchange. Of course after that is shared, esp to overseas connection. Starhub is already a shared services, even from the same floor, same block, same exchange.

Test done using speedtest.net at 11.55pm on 8mbps with movie streamed in the background. Maybe someone can post their test using starhub broadband at abt the sametime.

287439906.png

Edited by alister

Hello,

Will u be free tmr? Can i collect from u?

Btw, my neighbour threw the door le.. so sorry

- no probm.

- i oleady took 1 left-swing door frm seaswirl. Quite heavy, gota be carried by 2-men.

- u'v been helpful :thumbs up:

- e 'glass' stil in my store. Most likely can store til end july.

- if u wan take earlier, olso can. Wil sms u dis few days.

;)

meowie49,

sometimes also hard to say ah. Manufacture different batch also will kena warping also ah. It also depends alot on luck and a good tiler to do the job. :D

Mine i have not removed the corrugated paper yet. so when its up then i can see the warping.

- olso depends got veins or patterns anot.

- plain or single tone tile w/o veins r easier 2 match s they can b laid in all direction, rotate here & there if its uneven.

- tiles w veins or patterns gota lay according 2 e flow, dat means only a fix direction even e tile is uneven.

:notti:

I believe in Singnet more from experience. When I was on starhub (blk 28), I was not able to watch any clips on youtube as it was lagging badly. My boss had the same experience and he stays in Pasir Ris. He changed to Singnet & he has no issue after that.

I am now with Singnet and I have no problem with watching youtube as well (and I watched it every night). I am now watching movie online on www.youku.com and no issue as well.

Starhub is definitely a shared services. As the blk gets more crowded, the bandwidth will be shared and u will start to experience slowness.

Singnet sells dedicated bandwidth to their exchange. Of course after that is shared, esp to overseas connection. Starhub is already a shared services, even from the same floor, same block, same exchange.

Test done using speedtest.net at 11.55pm on 8mbps with movie streamed in the background. Maybe someone can post their test using starhub broadband at abt the sametime.

287439906.png

- then isit better 2 apply Singtel interms of pricing & bandwidth?

- i'm planning 2 apply Singtel's MIO plan lei.

no probm.

- i oleady took 1 left-swing door frm seaswirl. Quite heavy, gota be carried by 2-men.

- u'v been helpful

- e 'glass' stil in my store. Most likely can store til end july.

- if u wan take earlier, olso can. Wil sms u dis few days.

I pm u but no reply.. haha

So is it today u need help to carry the door?

I'm free today..

Thanks, Vlanze, although I'm not sure freebies is a good gauge! hahaha.. I've heard many horror stories about shared cable bandwidth, but equal amount of bad feedback about Singnet ADSL. (I feel Pacnet ADSL is good from previous experience, but customer service is baaaaddddd....)

Then again, Singnet is having a 'free' computer promo haha! Have to think harder now.

Hey Alister, thank you! Good argument from your end. Now that I know someone in the block is having a good Singnet experience, then all the more reason to go for it. I cannot 'tahan' bad customer service, any previous issues with Singnet on that point for you?

287439906.png

Hi alister,

Hehe. Hope this is not turning into a debate session. :thumbs up:

Both has their pros and cons since both are different technologies all together. I believe that conducting this kinda throughout test is rather subjective cos u need to consider factors like your home network configuration, number of users, your modem specs, site you are accessing blah blah blah unless you are able to do the test in a controlled environment. My gut feel is that there are currently more Starhubbers than Singnet-ers in SG which is why there is this lagness in the Starhub network. In time to come, if ever there was ever a chance that both has the same equal number of huge users, I would like to see how both cope.

The point up to now which I am trying to drive across is that I do not believe in 'dedicated bandwidth' based on what I learnt during school days and also during work. I remembered some years back that there is this battle between Singnet and Starhub and both were attacking each other. Singnet's strategy then was to use its 'dedicated bandwidth' as a selling point until there was an article on Digital Life (was it?) denouncing that there is no such thing as 'dedicated'. Ever since, Singnet's strategy changed. Now they r throwing more freebies with less emphasis on this 'dedicated' thingy. Have to admit that Singnet is improving now which is gd news for consumers like us as it provides more competition and better services :P .

Maybe can go up your place to try your broadband someday. I am a heavy user with big file downloads & online gaming and I am very sensitive to gaming lags. Am currently on Starhub at my parent's place...so far no complaints. Am seriously considering between Starhub and Singnet for the new home though.

Hi groovygenie,

At the end of the day, when choosing ISPs, there are many factors which u need to consider. I am equally in the same situation now...need to consider which to sign up for new home.

1) Price Package (cos/bandwidth)

2) Customer Support

3) Stability & performance of connection

4) Overall Package

5) Future ISP implementation (what plans they have to cope with ever-increasing no. of users)

6) Of cos, freebies! ;)

I believe in doing my own research rather than falling for 'marketing and sales talk'.

Just my thoughts...Cheers! :)

Edited by Vlanze

Ditto. I don't understand a thing about bandwidth. But from my own experience in another part of TPY, Singnet is alot faster than Starhub. My package with Starhub was more expensive some more. My FH at Tiong Bahru had the same experience. And so I continued with Singnet at blk 79 without giving it much thought.