Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Bethel

Toa Payoh Blk 79 Kakis

Same with ours. Quite cool all day long. Which block are you in?

mee too. no sun, no wind at the kitchen. it takes 2 days to dry my bedsheet :dunno:

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hi all

Back in action to post again from Reservist. :dancingqueen:

Been procrastinating this for quite long. I have a brand new spare kitchen sink, without the taps, (I have absolutely no idea where it comes from) to sell off at about $60. Interested 79ers can pop me a PM to swing by my unit to have a look. I will check the dimension tonight.

GAS LEAK!

at my unit..... haiz.... so unlucky man :dunno:

anyone also have this unlucky situation? Now all my kitchen carpentry is halted...... :furious:

If i were you, I will stop the acitivation of city gas and switch to eletrical heater and gas cylinder after rectification.Who knows there may be more than one point of leakage and the cost and risk is certainly not worth it.

I rememer I mentioned this story before of gas leakage..... story tell onces and again is ok but life's story will never have a second take.

- y carpentry halted?

- shdn't e gas pipe b xtended long time ago?

- dun tel mi u had jus xtended ur gas pipe jus b4 carpentry gona install or is installin? :huh:

- e possible scenerio i can think of is false ceiling at foyer affected, not carpentry. :P

- once tiling complete, carpentry can take measurement liao.

- wen taking carpentry measurement on-site, cooking hob & hood, oven, kitchen sink position, elect pts, gas & water piping gota take in2 consideration.

- preferably, gas & water piping, electrical wiring shd b xtended & laid b4 carpentry measurement.

- market norm is 2wks 2 fabricate carpentry in factory. (depends on amount & complexity of carpentry)

- carpentry installation 2-3 days. (depends on amount & complexity of carpentry)

- once bottom kitchen cabinet is up, then take worktop measurement on-site.

- another few days - 1wk for kitchen worktop (solid surface / granite etc) fabrication & installation.

- after top & bottom cabinets & kitchen worktop r installed, then take glass / stainless steel backing measurement.

- another few days - 1wk for backing fabrication & installation.

Actually what i meant was carpentry halted for installation. All the carpentry is already in my unit ready for installation. It was because of the damage to the pipe then the installation halted because the ceiling need to cut to reinstall the pipes again. You can see the damage done to the pipes :furious:

gas_pipe_leak.jpg

:curse:

Hi all new neighbours

Congrats again on getting your new dream home at Central Horizon. There seems to be a growing number of contractors or IDs carrying out noisy hacking and drilling works beyond the "designated hours" stipulated in HDB's guideline on renovation and even on weekends.

I hope that all new home owners can advise their ID against carrying out such noisy works e.g.hacking, drilling, hammering etc. beyond 6pm and on Saturdays and Sundays. If the IDs can't meet their dateline, they should not be doing it at the expense of other residents already living nearby.

The estate is almost 80% occupied and many of the residents who have moved in deserve a good and undisturbed rest after working hours and on weekends.

Every weekend for the past 2 months, I had to personally "hunt down" these units carrying out noisy works on Saturday morning and "screw" the contractors. :furious:

Last Saturday at around 9am.

1) 1 unit on 11 floor, 79D hacking away on the floor despite the "no noisy renovation rule on saturdays"

Today at 8.30pm

1) 1 unit on the 7th floor, 79D hacking away near the main door.

So please newbies, I appeal that you advise your IDs against such inconsiderate acts. Thank You

:yamseng:

Edited by Pooh_75

Actually what i meant was carpentry halted for installation. All the carpentry is already in my unit ready for installation. It was because of the damage to the pipe then the installation halted because the ceiling need to cut to reinstall the pipes again. You can see the damage done to the pipes :furious:

gas_pipe_leak.jpg

:curse:

- OIC.

- then how?

- who so careless?

- definitely u gona bear e cost of rectification on e gas pipe part. Y? b.cos e Citygas bill is billing 2 u, not ur ID.

- mayb u wana check wif Citygas see how much u gona pay for rectification.

- if its kinda high a price, mayb u wana negotiate wif ur ID, ask him 2 pay u bak dis additional cost.

- e possible easiest rectification method i can think of is 2 cut-off e tampered portion.

- reconnect by a 90deg elbow, then a short straight pipe, then a adapter.

- every joint is 'white taped' then screw tight.

- unless Citygas guys willing 2 replace e whole pipe length, then its perfect liao.

- u can olso use e extra portion (e part frm e t-joint to e storage heater pt) 2 replace dis tampered pipe. But u wil stil need 2 90deg elbow & 1 adapter. Provided u not using gas heater.

- basically, lesser connection pts, lesser possible chances of leakage.

:rolleyes:

Hi all new neighbours

1) 1 unit on 11 floor, 79D hacking away on the floor despite the "no noisy renovation rule on saturdays"

Today at 8.30pm

So please newbies, I appeal that you advise your IDs against such inconsiderate acts. Thank You

- most of e time, hacking at main door is done by e haulage worker.

- they hack away e cement door kerb so dat its easier 2 push in e wheelbarrows of sand & cement & tiles.

- if got hacking works involved, dat means e reno co need 2 apply permit.

- e reno permit hav 2 b pasted at e front door 2 notify neighbours.

- after e permitted reno working hrs,

(1) u have e rite 2 demand them 2 stop.

(2) take dn e particulars stated on e Notice of Renovation. Call e person-in-charge, make known 2 him ur unhappiness.

(3) inform hdb e nex working day. They wil take note. Accumulative complains will reduce their chances of renewing their license. (Think there is a tel 2 call after office hrs regarding reno matters)

:rolleyes:

PS: i dun work for any of e agencies involved & mentioned above. Jus my 2 cents of gossip. :P

Edited by jaCKY777

The funny thing of life....

My apartment totally no sun. No sun shine into bedroom, living room, kitchen or anywhere.....

Room is cool most of the time.....

But laundry needs some sun to rid certain smell and bacteria too. I am totally missing out on this part of it.

aural,

you are not the only one!!! haha perhap i should say I am slightly luckier.. coz I have 5min of sunlight EACH DAY!! provided that it is not raining :dunno::dunno:

As for the laundry, so far mine no smell ... I hang it in the kitchen n air-con ledge.. So far, my clothes dry up in the most 2 days. :D:D

Hi all new neighbours

Congrats again on getting your new dream home at Central Horizon. There seems to be a growing number of contractors or IDs carrying out noisy hacking and drilling works beyond the "designated hours" stipulated in HDB's guideline on renovation and even on weekends.

I hope that all new home owners can advise their ID against carrying out such noisy works e.g.hacking, drilling, hammering etc. beyond 6pm and on Saturdays and Sundays. If the IDs can't meet their dateline, they should not be doing it at the expense of other residents already living nearby.

The estate is almost 80% occupied and many of the residents who have moved in deserve a good and undisturbed rest after working hours and on weekends.

Every weekend for the past 2 months, I had to personally "hunt down" these units carrying out noisy works on Saturday morning and "screw" the contractors. :furious:

Today at 8.30pm

Hi Pooh_75

I agree with you. The ID firm should think of the neighbours staying around their unit, Sat and Sun is rest day for us. We expect peace. 8|

Babymaro2003

Hi Babymaro,

Nice meeting u and ur hubby yesterday. Tks for the hospitality and cute doggie u have. Cya ard more often in future. :D

Hi Vlanze,

You are mostly welcome. We have alot of cute doggies here. Cya too.

Babymaro2003

Hi all neighbours, would like to check on something. For the rectification of original hse defects by HDB, what's the procedure if we r reporting to the centre at 79C? Heard they have been extended to Sep.

Same day report, same day rectify? (i doubt so...lol) What's the pt of leaving the keys with them? Owners need not be there when they come down?

Tks all :thumbs up:

aural,

you are not the only one!!! haha perhap i should say I am slightly luckier.. coz I have 5min of sunlight EACH DAY!! provided that it is not raining :dunno::dunno:

As for the laundry, so far mine no smell ... I hang it in the kitchen n air-con ledge.. So far, my clothes dry up in the most 2 days. :D:D

wah...2 days ar...for me, my kitchen totally no dun but i don't dry outside because i can't hang all my load of laundry...i have the aluminum poles installed lor...so far, i wash the clothes at night and next morning, dry already....if i wash in the morning, by evening, also dry already...bedsheets takes abit longer but don't need 2 days...

nowadays, there's alot of detergent for indoor drying purposes...they won't have funny smells... :rolleyes:

Hi all neighbours, would like to check on something. For the rectification of original hse defects by HDB, what's the procedure if we r reporting to the centre at 79C? Heard they have been extended to Sep.

Same day report, same day rectify? (i doubt so...lol) What's the pt of leaving the keys with them? Owners need not be there when they come down?

Tks all :thumbs up:

I suggest you don't leave the key with them. get a cheap padlock and pass them the key. you don't want your keys to be duplicated by evil minded pple. Well unless you intend to change the gate and main door lock. Usually, (at least for my case) they took a few trips to rectify the different kind of defects

Hope it helps

Hi all new neighbours

Today at 8.30pm

Hi,

This is what i extracted from HDB website.

You are responsible for the renovation work in your flat. Please ensure that the work carried out by your registered renovation contractor is according to HDB's requirements.

Please note that general renovation works can be carried out only between 8.00am and 6.00pm daily. However, noisy renovation works, such as demolition of walls, removing wall/ floor finishes, cutting of tiles and drilling works, etc. are restricted from 9.00am to 5.00pm daily during weekdays. Noisy renovation works are not allowed to be carried out on Saturdays, Sundays and Public Holidays.

Babymaro2003

hey neighbours, is it normal to have SP bill cost $260 a month for 4 room?

to list normal usage:

only 1 aircon on every night, plasma TV watch from 8pm-12 am.

normal small fridge on whole day,

small fan, tower fan on when sleeping.

use washing machine every day.

use vacuum cleaner once every 2-3 days.

internet surfing for 4 hours a day.

oh, i use electric heater.

Edited by tension_z

Hi all,

long time nver log on le.. see so many neighbours sharing and helping is so heart warming.

I have a qns to ask anyone here. current me contemplating of a mixture of stove top.

Can I ask any of our neighbours here having a vitroceramic stove top?

{ hey neighbours, is it normal to have SP bill cost $260 a month for 4 room?

to list normal usage:

only 1 aircon on every night, plasma TV watch from 8pm-12 am.

normal small fridge on whole day,

small fan, tower fan on when sleeping.

use washing machine every day.

use vacuum cleaner once every 2-3 days.

internet surfing for 4 hours a day.

oh, i use electric heater. }

As for the elect i think is the washing machine usage everyday,

That use quite abit.. imagine its usage everyday for an hour? standard front loader wash time.

I think its the washing machine. others is small

tension_z,

mine is $150 for 4 room and only 2 person living. I find my bill also quite high...

- aircon only 4 times in a month about 7 hrs per round

- Plasma TV about 3 hours per day

- Computer almost on from day to night

- 1 tower fan on 24 hours

- washing machine once a week

- fridge everyday

- storage heater about 40 mins per day

- wine chiller on 24 hours every day