Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Bethel

Toa Payoh Blk 79 Kakis

It's not only now that students are 'misbehaving'. It has been like that since dunno when (my time also the same). It's a part and parcel of growing up for them. There'll definitely be some who 'misbehave' but saying this, I;m not condoning their actions. Recently saw a really young couple making-out at my parents' place's staircase...was taken by surprise...haha. They didnt even bother when I was there. Free show? ;) They're everywhere!

It's like the age-old saying: You can do anything you want but don't get caught! But the young couple you describe is way beyond that!

But I must say that our town council has made a miscalculated move when they shut down the Toa Payoh Tower at TPY garden. Don't they realise the significance of such a move??? The young couples in TPY now had no way to go to to make out! :notti::notti::notti:

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
It's like the age-old saying: You can do anything you want but don't get caught! But the young couple you describe is way beyond that!

But I must say that our town council has made a miscalculated move when they shut down the Toa Payoh Tower at TPY garden. Don't they realise the significance of such a move??? The young couples in TPY now had no way to go to to make out! :notti::notti::notti:

Back to the safety of our neighbourhood, shall we raise a petition to install CCTVs in the lift? Understand that some older blks have been practicing this , and the crime rates for those areas have visibly improved.

I believe if nothing is being done at this point of time , those " criminal " will think that the NPP beside is really letting their hands off, and they'll continue to prowl onto the 79sers.

Rgards

Glenn

Hi all,

Long time never come into the forum liao. Need some advice from you all.

A few weeks ago, me & my wife noticed that there were a lot of bumps appearing on the kitchen cabinet boards (the bottom side). These bumps appeared inside the lower part of the kitchen cabinet boards. Initially, we didn't know what had happened so we asked the carpenter to come. Then the carpenter said somewhere could be leaking but he dunno where becos he is not the plumber. So after pushing my ID for a couple of weeks, finally today a plumber came. The plumber said it's not caused by the water as he could find no leakage. He said it could have been some chemical sprayed on the carpentry board then over time, the wood pops out. So i called my ID again. He said will ask the carpenter boss to come take a look & i dunno when. My house is still under warranty but maybe becos money all paid liao, that's why service is very very slow :furious: .

Anyone encountered the same defects as me? I will try to load the defects photos which i took today.

Hi shivan,

I think to prevent dust to go in to their unit or to prevent cats from running out from their house.

Babymaro2003

:yamseng:

Hi shercjw,

Can buy from home fix, ownself DIY. Price range $7+ - $30+. Just get around the mid range will do. I can help you to get it if i happened to pass by.

Babymaro2003

Hi Shivan,

I have the plastic on my gate also. For me, it is to prevent water from coming into my unit when the TC cleaners wash the floor.

Hi Babymaro,

How's the lor mee? Not sure if it taste as nice if you ta bao back. Can only say its best to eat there.

Edited by toppie

Hi Shivan,

I have the plastic on my gate also. For me, it is to prevent water from coming into my unit when the TC cleaners wash the floor.

Hi Babymaro,

How's the lor mee? Not sure if it taste as nice if you ta bao back. Can only say its best to eat there.

Hi toppie,

The lor mee not bad. Portion alot and worth it. If got those fried wanton add on will be even better. How your brother reno?

Babymaro2003

anyone can share with me the contacts for doing storeroom racks?

Hi coco,

I got my contact from Babymaro.

You can call 64417809 - Naiya Trading

Very efficient service, today morning appt today afternoon fixed up.

Hehe.... :notti:

You can say recommended by Babymaro :D

This is gd info. Can know roughly what's the damage? :thumbs up:

Hi coco,

Hi coco,

Hi Dracula,

Thank for the prompt reply to coco as i dont have the contact with me now.

Babymaro2003

Hey Vlanze,

My damage is about $180+. Mine is L- shaped.

Babymaro2003

Maybe we should also be more alert and wary of suspicious people in and around our blocks... see anything funny just call the men in blue... but don't expect them to be here in an instant though!

Something like a mini neighbourhood watch group... cos recently there have been groups of youngsters making a din at the playgrounds in the middle of the night. And I just came back from the 12th floor Sky Garden... one of the walls has a decorative butterfly graffiti!

And another thing... maybe we should petition to have all the doors leading to the staircases removed??? They are potential hiding spots for would be trouble makers!

Hi all,

I believe the men in blue are being screwed upside down by their "almighty" masters. With their eagerness to flood singapore with a large pool of foreigners, they may have under-estimated the increase in the number of crimes and do not have sufficient manpower in the SPF to deal with these problems.

I remembered we never had so much of such problems 10-15 years back here before all "the Others" started flocking in when the flood gates were open.

Latest Update

A number of walls on the 12th level Sky Garden between 79C and 79E has been vandalised by some very uncreative graffiti in the guise of a horribly drawn butterfly and the calling numbers of a local "Sipeh Sart" gang "369".

I have already notified the BTPTC about this matter. Let's hope they clean up the mess in time for PAP Day.

With so many groups of these young punks hanging around the sky garden day and night. It is of no surprise that such acts of vandalism persists.

These punks sit around the tables, at times eating or smoking, at times pretending to study while enjoying a puff. Discarding their rubbish all over the place after they'd finish. Now, they've got even bolder by defacing the walls with their sub-standard graffiti! :furious:

Maybe the TC should consider installing those "eye in the sky" like the ones in Geylang to deter these would-be punks. That is, if the cost for cleaning up is costlier than for installing the surveillance cams. Otherwise, why have a beautiful sky garden only to be constantly destroyed by some inconsiderate scums??? Might as well not build it in the first place or spend the $$$ on other areas. :dunno:

Hi,

Actually the solution to this problem is very simple and logical. Since the root of all this problems is linked to the sky garden and the fact that it is completely out of sight of our residents and concern neighbours, HDB or TC can just start solving the problems from there.

One solution is to restrict access to the 8th and 12th floor garden to residents via a card access system or putting these areas under 24th hours CCTV surveillance. Definitely, the initial cost to implement these measures would be costly but in the long run, these cost can be defrayed by the cost saved from having to repair public properties or repaint walls due to teenage punks vandalizing the area.

However, with the inflexible mind sets and countless red tapes among our public offices, this measures may never materialize. HDB and Town council should look to Hong kong where many public housings have restricted access via card system.

To all the RC, SPF, HDB and TC folks reading this thread, please seriously consider these suggestions which will definitely create a win-win situations. If you want our votes, better start listening to the people (Singaporeans) seriously.

Edited by Pooh_75

I got my racks from them as well. depending on the size and shape of your storeroom, they will measure your storeroom and will recommend to you what is suitable. Mine cost $180. two 5-tier side-by side rack.

Hope it helps

Edited by howlupjac

Hi,

Actually the solution to this problem is very simple and logical. Since the root of all this problems is linked to the sky garden and the fact that it is completely out of sight of our residents and concern neighbours, HDB or TC can just start solving the problems from there.

One solution is to restrict access to the 8th and 12th floor garden to residents via a card access system or putting these areas under 24th hours CCTV surveillance. Definitely, the initial cost to implement these measures would be costly but in the long run, these cost can be defrayed by the cost saved from having to repair public properties or repaint walls due to teenage punks vandalizing the area.

However, with the inflexible mind sets and countless red tapes among our public offices, this measures may never materialize. HDB and Town council should look to Hong kong where many public housings have restricted access via card system.

To all the RC, SPF, HDB and TC folks reading this thread, please seriously consider these suggestions which will definitely create a win-win situations. If you want our votes, better start listening to the people (Singaporeans) seriously.

Well said Pooh_75!

It will only take a tragic accident to happen before 'they' will pull up their socks and do something... remember the WDC incident with Grand Illusionist Selamat??

I agree with you wholeheartedly on the restricted access system like in the HK public housing... though their flats look nondescript and ugly compared... at least they have entry level security!

You look at these new HDB-Condo style half-a-million-$$$ flats in Bendemeer and AMK... all the luxurious design & styling of condos but minus the security. What's the use of spending half a million to stay in a 'high class' HDB flat??? End of the day, you still get all the vandalism, killer litter, suspicious strangers, noisy punks, etc.

With regards to the votes... they can always redraw the GRC boundaries to dilute or saturate the votes in their favour... win-win strategy for them lah... simply walkover loh!

One more thing I need to check... are our corridors, lift landings, rubbish chute area supposed to be swept & cleared daily?? Cos it seems that rubbish has been left lying for days near the rubbish chute area, attracting mozzies! In my previous place, the foreign worker engaged, clears and sweeps the floor on a daily basis. How come the practise is different here??? Aren't we all paying the monthly S&C fees as well??? Or do we need to wait for dengue cases or some Chikungunya disease to spread before they do anything?? :bangwall:

Well said Pooh_75!

It will only take a tragic accident to happen before 'they' will pull up their socks and do something... remember the WDC incident with Grand Illusionist Selamat??

I agree with you wholeheartedly on the restricted access system like in the HK public housing... though their flats look nondescript and ugly compared... at least they have entry level security!

You look at these new HDB-Condo style half-a-million-$$$ flats in Bendemeer and AMK... all the luxurious design & styling of condos but minus the security. What's the use of spending half a million to stay in a 'high class' HDB flat??? End of the day, you still get all the vandalism, killer litter, suspicious strangers, noisy punks, etc.

With regards to the votes... they can always redraw the GRC boundaries to dilute or saturate the votes in their favour... win-win strategy for them lah... simply walkover loh!

One more thing I need to check... are our corridors, lift landings, rubbish chute area supposed to be swept & cleared daily?? Cos it seems that rubbish has been left lying for days near the rubbish chute area, attracting mozzies! In my previous place, the foreign worker engaged, clears and sweeps the floor on a daily basis. How come the practise is different here??? Aren't we all paying the monthly S&C fees as well??? Or do we need to wait for dengue cases or some Chikungunya disease to spread before they do anything?? :bangwall:

Regarding the access system, i can totally agree that it will be a good long term investment for TC or HDB. Having the eyes in the sky may not deter the so called "Graffiti" artists or "XXX" film actors and actress around the sky garden. You got the CCTV but nobody monitoring also useless ah, might as well implement the gate access system. They can spend so much on the garden, but no "Brains" to secure it ah?

In regards to the rubbish chute clearing problem, i have seen quite a number of times the rubbish truck cannot access the driveway due to the many contractors lorry and delivery van being parked at our block area. So they will start sounding the horn for a good 5-10mins before going off when nobody bothers to drive their vehicles away. The same thing happened to the rubbish chute outside blk 79C, seen so many a times cars being parked there when the rubbish truck is there too.

In fact, sometimes its due to the fact that some ppl tot its a fast one to park there "for a while" instead of driving up the dark and high multi-storey carpark.

Hmm..... but i do notice that the rubbish at our lift landing area is cleared daily except our corridors which is done twice a month if i am not wrong ah. Hehe... 40 levels of cleaning per block will drive them mad ah.... :notti:

Hi,

hihi u've got my vote for a card access system.