Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Mery

Looking For An Id/Contractor

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

My Advice. Do not choose the ID who ask for a down payment before you agree the quotation and layout design. I have bad experience with the ID, AS Balestier. After I paid the down payment last year 2013, today I am still working on the quotation with ID. The ID do not care about me after they received the down payment.. You will never take back the down payment at all. Be careful.

Hi, I am new here. I will get my flat in a few months time and would like to have advised on interior designer or contractors. I am totally in experience. Hope to hear from brothers or sisters here. :)

Hi, our house is doing renovation now. Almost done...my ID is from inspire by d'trenzo. My friend introduced him for us.

He has a lot of ideas and willing to discuss with us. He make a nice design for us with a best price among our 6 IDs.

If u want, i will pm u his number.

Hi, I'm looking to re-tile my floor, paint the whole house and some carpentry work in my house. Can recommend me some contractors which you have good experience with for these areas? Pls PM me their contact numbers.

Thanks in advance!

I am trapped by my ID, + space, Balestier. I engaged + space Balestier last year 2013 and they promised to reno my house within my budget. After signed the agreement and paid the deposit, they broke their promise with all kind of reasons. I called, sms and email to them and they refused to serve me. I requested for the refund of deposit. + Space Balestier refused it and they insisted that I have to pay them more. Today, no call from them at all. + Space Balestier said that they are very regular to CASE and small claim...What can I do ? Bad luck.

Guest Roslynnz

Hi forrummers,

Im new here.

After viewing the reviews about ciseern here, my heart sank..is their workmanship really bad??

I came down to Expo last week and was welcomed by a young man from ciseern. We werent actually looking for any ID at that point of time. So, we came in and have a look at their design. We love it and so we sat and have a chat. I was impressed by their sales talk and free gift actually. The ID was so patient in listening what we want but without any checking or doing research, we agreed and paid deposit to the ID.

Their package for 5rm premium was about 25k total. After looking at somes of the other ID package, I find that Ciseern charged us wayyy too muchhh but it was too late since we had already deposit the amount of $1000 to them :(

If you all were in my shoe, should you go with it or look for other ID?

My house will only be ready next year 2nd quarter 2015.

Please help!

Hi

I have met up with some ID and Contractors for my house reno. When I asked how often they will visit the job site : different replies I received :

a) everyday

b) 2-3 days per week

c) when there is a need.

Can anyone advise me the normal market practice.

Hi

Thanks Kangaroo 168 for sharing.

Anyone can comment on the normal payment terms by the ID/Contractor.

One company demanded 10% deposit, 50% upon commencing work,35% upon commencement of carpentry and 5% upon completion of work. Many other companies have similar "unfair" payment terms.

I feel that the payment terms, as well as the contract terms and conditions fully cover the ID/Contractor interest only. The home owner interest is totally neglected . What happen if the ID/Contractor fails to deliver the work they supposed to.

Anyone can share their view.

QUOTE (donfinco @ Sep 8 2010, 04:26 PM)

Hi ce5260,

You can email me about your interior enquiry, I can recommend you my hubby who is a interior designer.

I will email you some of his work. No obligation. What type of house you are renovating? What is the size?

Don charges design consultant fees and there is no hidden cost and it's a fixed price. So no worries.

My email: fincoong@gmail.com

Finco

Sent you an email.