Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Mery

Looking For An Id/Contractor

I jus wan to share with those who looking for id. Our id has renovating our hse since July. We signed the contract with him in June. Chase him for 3d pic for one mth. Lack of communications, alway do wrong thing. Wrong measurement. Wrong colours. Worst is still want us pay extra for the redo. Hey! not our fault right. Now already Dec. We jus terminate the contract. Find other ppl finish the job. Reason: mainly he drag too long. And we jus realise our hood n oven didn't install properly. He can tell us his none of the workers no how to do. So no choice. We have to pay to engage ppl do. Anyway I jus wan to share. If wan to know the id pls pm me.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Sorry to hear that what is the ID name?

hey tanslee, u got to pm her for the details.. because it is the rule of the forum that there should be no defamation..

Is there a hard and fast way to tell which are contractors and which are ID? Or there really is no way since a lot of them are hybrid; i.e. half-half?

In the past, IDs are truly artistic people who you hire to help you design your home and manage your contractor, because contractors are well-known to be sly and difficult to handle. So the mass public all started to look towards IDs. It's generally worth it to pay a few K to one guy, and potentially save up to tens of thousands of dollars you would otherwise lose to unscrupulous contractors. The ID is on your side, because they have a portfolio to maintain, and each home design is truly unique and interesting.

Contractors, upon seeing this trend, all started to collude with the IDs, either by hiring them into the company or by starting to offer "ID" services themselves. But of course, the designs are hardly fantastic, and is mostly templated. So now it's like a 2-in-1. So who is the check-and-balance? Who will help you manage the project and ensure that the contractor doesn't slack? There is truly no one now, as the ID and contractor are now on the same side.

And this is the most widespread form of renovation companies in our little island today. It's a shame, really... because this is one of the key reasons why CASE receive so many complaints against renovation companies each year. The renovation industry is not well regulated, and too many companies advertise themselves as IDs, but they are really just the same wolves under sheep clothing. One of my politically inclined friends say that it's a bit like the President and Government of Singapore, but I'm not sure what he means.

So where have these capable, artistic dudes gone to? Most have been forced out of the industry because consumers generally believe that "two-in-one" is more economical. Some of these dudes venture into bigger architectural projects and manage big projects for the corporate world, where the margin is higher and the corporations see the value of these people.

In essence, today most advertise themselves as "hybrid" or "two-in-one", but strictly speaking, they are still all just smart money-making contractors going with the flow. I have yet to see a home designed and managed by a true blue ID. This renovation world is tough to handle, so stay sharp and tread carefully.

Any one heard of Home concepts @ tradehub 21.

went to their show room. kind and good at recommand

their service to us.Think of using them to renovate

my new house.any comment on them.pls advice.thk thk thk.

I am collecting keys in April, and it is in Jurong area. Anyone can share with me a good and reliable nearby renovation contractor to me. With good workmanship as well. Am looking to fully renovate my EM resale flat and can anyone share with me your quotation. Thanks a millions.

wow..thx for your sharing.Terrible man.

Hi I would like to bring to all forumers whose house is going to be done up by Space n Living. Think think think a million before doing so!!

I have signed up with this manager named 'StevenTan'.

He has promised lots of things & have showed to me & my husband a lot of his so call 3D designs saying was his past works. He even intro himself as a senior manager & assured us on his years of experiences. However, after we signed up with him , we realized he actually short-changed us on a lot of the materials & dimensions. Don't even want to mentioned about his shown designs as a lot didn't turn out to be what he said & promised. We even found out from his carpenters & other workers that there are some other customers who also faced of similar problems with him. He doesn't reply to emails on changes, doesn't answer his calls when you press him for infos & no proper date schedules. As my husband & I were offshore & we thought we had went through thorough discussions times after times with all details & materials chosen . We even have to emailed

Him & remind him on a lot of things , giving all nesscessary dimension specs of items we bought . We even called him to check on status a number of times. He told us not to worry & promised us a lot but Did not fulfilled. He screwed up on wrong dimensions of his carpentry ended up with lots & lots of unnesscessary changes . Super bad workmanships on our expensive tiles.

screwed Real Big TIMES of our Reno more than 7months & He dared kept chasing for payments & even wanted in cash payments & he even wanted 90% payments after delivery of their carpentry works. My husband was so pissed & quarreled with him... He even nearly wanted to fight my husband in our house & we had to called for police & the security guard to report him & chased him out. Because of our Reno, my husband & I had a few heated arguments. After months of suffering with this 'crook' , we even have to prepared to bring it Legal before they eventually settled our house reno in a sub-standard move-in condition.

Coincidentally, about a months plus later, I actually came to know from 1 of my friend's parents house who faced a very unpleasant experience with Space n Living in IMM.

And it is this same gangster 'STEVEN TAN', heard was similar dimensions & materials short-changing & overly charged. Luckily before their Reno could even go further after some dismantling, her dad actually had a heated argument with Steven & even stormed into their showroom & managed to pulled out their half-payments deposit over the unsatisfied explanations.

This man Steven TAN is a super sly CHEAT & Crook who bully on the innocence. Beware!

Hi emblef,

My sis has just finished her renovation at punggol arcadia. Heard from her that her ID firm has quite reasonable pricing and good attitude. Her renovation photos are also uploaded to their facebook website. You may check it out at www.facebook.com/vinteriordesign. Hope it helps

:good: :good: :good: :good:

Thanks Benji and Alvin from Vinterior Design.

I just completed my renovation at punggol residences blk 271A not long ago. I am very satisfied with their service and attitude. They will try to fulfil whatever I ask for and give me good suggestions on practical wise. The reason I post in this forum is because I hope I can help new owners to get good ID. This is what I can help to appreciate their service and work. They did upload my completed renovation pictures on their facebook page too.

There's simply too many IDs/Contractors out there. I've gotten quotes from 4 IDs, and I've only seen one of those IDs mentioned out of all the threads in this forum.

I think if you really want to get the services of an ID/Contractor, the best thing to do is to start early. Talk to each one, meet with them face to face so that you can get a sense of how easy it will be to work with them. Right now we are leaning towards giving the renovation work to one ID who we feel very comfortable with, even if their quote is the highest amongst all 4 we received. We just feel that there will be less misunderstandings with this one because they are not afraid to discuss with us. I have heard of too many horror stories about renovation projects which end up costing up to 30% more than the original budget because of miscommunication, or because the ID has an "attitude" and refuses to listen to the owner's inputs. Remember, it's your money (or the bank's money).

Yes he is the guy I am refering too, Tumbs up for him...

I am not sure about eric, but Thomas from homestyle design is not reliable and I would not recommend him. He gives good, low prices but once you sign he keeps changing his words and threatens you indirectly. Always argues his way out of things that cause you so much stress that you just give up and let him do as he wants. Worst thing is he is also one of the bosses.